Who cares most - Do the players really care.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jaypap » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:05 am

ace has hit the nail on the head...

thus, ace, do u believe becks should be captain of england?
jaypap

Postby supersub » Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:28 pm

There are times when I feel sick to my back teeth with greedy footballers.They want all the trappings of a fat-cat existence but don't want to put the work in.
   Thursday Marc-Vivien Foe suffers heart-attack/stroke and dies on the field of play.God rest his soul.
    Friday Rio Ferdinand,after making an offer that can't be refused,purchases his new house in Alderley Edge,Cheshire for £2 million.
    Saturday the same scum-bag Ferdinand claims footballers play too many games and Foe's death should serve as a wake-up call.I't really pisses me off when footballers complain about their heavy 'work-load'.I lost a friend when he was 24.He worked 40-48 hour week and played every sunday and occassionally saturday.When he died nobody said everyone in his industry should have their hours cut because there is no connection.Sadly s##t happens but don't try and make personal gains from it scum.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby its cold in the stands shadow » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:28 pm

i agree most times with supersub but i reckon he`s being a bit harsh on mcmanaman.
he was our most creative player for years and must have ran three times as many yards than any of his team mates (except mcateer, a bit clueless at times but the lad must have ran the length of the pitch fifty times a game).
everyone just gave him the ball and expected him to conjure up some magic ( a fate i fear for kewell)
liverpool tried to flog him out of the blue to barca but they went for ronaldo instead and when that happened macca got a shock and a wake up call telling him he was playing for a business not a sunday league outfit.
he just learnt his lesson quickly and then did to liverpool what they tried to do to him.
his attitude in spain hasn`t been great but as a working class lad from kirkdale you cant blame him, they offered him the contract.
he has lacked ambition but i dont think he owed liverpool anything, only robbie fowler in those days could say he contributed more to liverpools cause.
its cold in the stands shadow

Postby kennys mate » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:41 pm

stevie mac is a judas,any player who wares a red shirt for lfc should do because they want to. he told everyone with great delight that he was leaving lfc at the start of a new season.
i hope he does return to maybe someone like the toffees and sees what a great club he left without at least giving them a decent transfer fee and going out on a boseman. skinny ginger git.
kennys mate

Postby supersub » Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:44 pm

When at Liverpool,Macca's contribution was five times most other players but sadly his constant running all over the pitch and lazy,spice-boy players added to Liverpool's departure from a pass and move team.He was a great player on the ball but towards the end of his career at Anfield he was just going through the motions because he had signed a nice little agreement with Real.Now anyone in their right mind knows he won't risk blowing that by getting injured or over doing the workload.His apparent lack of football at Madrid doesn't bother him one bit yet I would sell my wife to get back playing again,but don't tell her that.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby its cold in the stands shadow » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:34 pm

i know what your saying mate, but i think maccas attitude seemed to change from the moment evans tried to offload him to barca, i think he was genuinley shocked that liverpool would consider getting rid of him. i had a bit of sympathy for him at the time because that team did need changing but fowler apart i think he should have been the last to go. but he did take evans for a ride promising to re sign a contract and your right he didnt look intrested those final months.
that side " the spice boys" gets some stick but if roy evans had the defence and keeper we have now i`m convinced we would have won the prem.
fowler and collymore outscored everyone the two seasons stan played but anytime anyone hit a lofted ball into our box in a pressure game the back five used to fall to pieces.
but on our day we were ten times the passing side that we are now and i witnessed some decent stuff in the evans era.
i think those days were so fustrating because you could sense we weren`t a million miles off a good side.
its cold in the stands shadow

Postby ROBtheRED » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:37 pm

Totally agree with that mate, with a solid defence in the Roy Evans era we would have been champions!
We had a brilliant offensive side, with Fowler and Collymore banging in 50 goals per season between them and Redknapp, Macca and Barnesy pulling the strings in midfield. We could have beat any team in the league but we gave stupid goals away which wouldnt have happened if we had a top keeper like Jerzy or a couple of centre-halves like Henchoz & Hyypia!
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:47 pm

Who cares most...the critical fan or the red-blinkered fan.
Answer;both but in different ways.
        Here is another season but I can see it drifting by without winning the championship.Even the signing of Harry Kewell,the missing link,hasn't lifted the spirits among the die-hards who see Houllier's lack of adventure as being the reason why we fail to capture the title.
       We were promised edge-of-the-seat signings but what we really want is edge-of-the-seat action at Anfield,where we have lost all our old vibrancy.
     How much time do we afford Houllier to deliver the title because patience is something we have had for the last 12 years but it's slowly ebbing away.Michael Owen has hinted that he is fast becoming impatient too,the same can be said of Steven Gerrard.
      Gerrard Houllier has to make a really big change in his tactical approach to the game.Liverpool must play a more attacking game.Steven Gerrard,for one,must be let off his leash.The first sign of him as an auxilliary defender will confirm all our misgivings and Mr Houllier's position as manager may become a little precarious.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:18 am

pride
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby cheesecakery » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:02 pm

its not gerrard houlilier its gerald ,
and its steve gerald
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby RedSi » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:26 pm

cheesecakery, despite being a relative newcomer it has taken me precisely 2.5 seconds to see that you really are some kind of wa&%er aren't you...?!?
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:46 pm

my names not walter no !! :D  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby gaz31 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:27 pm

YES REDSI YOUVE FOUND THE tw#t ON THIS SITE ALREADY CONGRATULATIONS MATE.......
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:27 pm

Yes cheesey your name is Walter....

Walter Mitty
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion