Houllier does not care what fans think - Fans are not important

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ihstb » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:20 pm

Houllier has no concerns about any of the complaints fan are making, Some plonker wrote that they want him to die of Aids. That a bit strong for me but heres what he thinks about it all

Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier insists he will not quit and still expects to be at Anfield next season.

Houllier has been fiercely criticised after the FA Cup defeat at Portsmouth.

But he told BBC Sport: "I will not walk away. I am strong and still have goals. I expect to be manager next season because we will reach our targets.

"I think we will achieve our objective of Champions League football and the board know what we have turned around and that we are on the right track."

Houllier said: "These are the two reasons why I still believe I will be here next season."

BBC Sport also understands support for Houllier remains strong inside the Anfield boardroom, with £14m already committed to the arrival of Djibril Cisse from Auxerre next summer.

Houllier said in an exclusive interview: "We are disappointed at what happened at Portsmouth but we are not down and weeping.

"We have a game coming up in the Uefa Cup against Levski Sofia and that is another competition we want to win.

Owen has suffered injury problems

"It is good to play again so quickly after a disappointment, and the Uefa Cup is a competition that has been good to us. We remember how we won it in 2001."

And he added defiantly: "I will not be walking away. One thing has to be said though, and that is that this is not about Gerard Houllier, it is about Liverpool and we are working for the club's success. This comes above everything.

"I think the team will get better every year from now on. You need broad shoulders when you get this sort of criticism, but I am still strong because you have to be. I try to take it all with humour.

"My big disappointment has been the injuries to important players. These are not excuses, they are facts.

The board know what we have turned around and that we are on the right track

Gerard Houllier
Liverpool manager 

"We lost Michael Owen and Didi Hamann for three months and Jamie Carragher and Milan Baros for five months. We have also missed Harry Kewell.

"We have not had all our assets and weapons to use and this has hurt us.

"I would not have played Anthony Le Tallec and Florent Sinama-Pongolle as much in normal circumstances, but they have proved their worth and they will have a year's more experience next season."

People talk like all our problems began under Houllier...do you not remember the dark days of Souness? Or the depressing mediocrity of Evans?

From Jon Jones
Have your say on 606 

Houllier added: "Fourth place in the Premiership is a priority now, as well as progress in the Uefa Cup.

"It was such a disappointment to lose to Portsmouth because we should have won the tie at Anfield and had chances at Fratton Park.

"But the players have been very good in training and hopefully one day a team will pay for our disappointments.

"The true test of talent is how you bounce back and I think our players have shown they are ready to bounce back."
"STUFF YOUR THEATRE OF DREAMS WE LIVE REALITIES"
Ihstb

Postby RedSi » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:36 pm

That f##king french f##king w#nk#r how dare he f##king say "I try to take it all with humour".....what a f##king c#nt, how dare he make such a f##king flippant remark about such a f##king important thing as justifiable criticism as to the direction OUR club is going in. How f##king dare he.....c#nt!!![B]
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:44 pm

This is the man for the job

Martin O'Neill.

I'm not guaranteeing that he would deliver us the FA Premiership, the FA Cup and the UEFA Champion's League in his first season in charge. But it's obvious we need a change in leadership. O'Neill would be able to restructure and build a new team after cutting out the dead weight. It would be breath of fresh air inside the club and would give me some hope for a change.

We need this guy now or at least before next season begins. It's just a shame that Houllier wasted so much money that could have been better spent. I don't know if the board will give O'Neill the money he will need to build a better team, but I still think we need him.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby djinn » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:50 pm

gotta go end of..
LiVeRpOoL Fc
djinn

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion