Uefa cup - Does anyone care anymore?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:06 pm

just wandered if anyone here will actually watch the levski sofia match on thursday night. i'm personally not that bothered about it to be honest. two years ago we were about to play barcelona at home and now we've sunk to playing second-rate eastern europeans. realistically we have no chance of winning it anyway with the likes of barca, valencia and roma still in there anyway. i might force myself to sit through the game but i doubt i'll be entertained. i expect another boring display which has become all too common under houllier.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby trick110 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:09 pm

That seems to be the general feeling, isn't it cr#p match days used to be special!
trick110

Postby Gareth G » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:47 pm

Yeah i know what you guy's mean.

I remember i didn't know what to do with myself all day because i couldn't wait until like 8:00 for kick off.

I remember my first and only time at Anfield i couldn't stop shaking just because of were i was sitting. It was like going to a new school for the first day for me, i was shitting myself.

Now, well now it's just another game! No butterfly in my belly, just anxious to see if we can beat you're Wolve's and Portsmouth's.....what a damn mess we are now day's, and you know i may sound like a wuss, but it really beat's me up inside, i still find myself urging to cry when we loss and im 19 bloody year's old.

Someone take us out of this nightmare...
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:05 pm

The UEFA Cup is for also rans. The real action next week involves good teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and United. It's a joke. Even some of our players are embarrassed about playing in this competition.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kozarets1914 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:27 pm

I do! I can swalow your words that Levski is a 2nd rate easteuropean club. But they are not true - Levski is a 1st rate easterneuropean club... but still easterneuropean - low budget and lots money laundry :(  But I'll just remind you that this club, which is so bad in your oppinion has kicked out of Euro Tournaments titans like Ajax, Stutgard, Dynamo Kiev and Glasgow Rangers... and we're searching for a new victim with great name and popularity, but in terrible crisis. Any suggestions who might that be?!
kozarets1914

Postby greenred » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:52 pm

levski are a decent team.Underestimate them and we will be beaten.The uefa cup is still important.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kozarets1914 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:28 pm

:D  :D  :D
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

kozarets1914

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:02 pm

It could be another nail in the coffin of GH if we take the game lightly.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ynwa » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:32 pm

they better play like a team on thursday at the moment they have no belive in them selfs. if they dont a good result in the next two games they can say good bye to gh
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:45 pm

There are 50 of us going to the away leg , from Kirkby and we've already paid. I just hope to God that there is something to cheer for.
If you are over there Kozarets what's the "Kiminsky" hotel like - we're all booked in there.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kozarets1914 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:50 am

The name is "Kempinsky" and it's not really the best one comapre to Hilton, Radisson and Sheraton, but still a very good one I think... it's almost in downtown, but not quite... you can call me when and ask as much as you want when you come over there - you just dial 0886737369 - I can tell you 'bout some places or even show them to you - I did the same thing for 5-6 lads from Belfats before 3 years when Bulgaria played N. Ireland for World Cup qualif. Have a nice trip, mate!  :D
kozarets1914

Postby kozarets1914 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:32 am

Especially to the ones who think will be bored at games with Levski  :)
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

kozarets1914

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:19 am

personaly, i couldn,t give a toss about the uefa cup game on thurs, once we come up against a half decent team (and who,s to say we wont on thurs?) we will be knocked out! lets not kid ourselves here we have no chance of progressing much further in this comp,not with the bunch of average , medieocre, under acheivers that gh has asembled in over 5 YEARS!! yes 5 yrs and we are still no nearer chalenging top euro teams? so dream on those of you who think they will be going to another euro final cos, it wont happen! and i take no pleasure in saying this my heart bleeds for LFC i as much as you want to see the glory times return to anfield, but it is not going to happen with gh in charge.  :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kozarets1914 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:03 am

Unfortunate for Levski... LFC got beaten by pompe and now will be motivated against us... I know what you, guys, deserve - successes in England and whole Europe, but you won't get it easy against US. We've waited for this day for so long, that we won't give it up just like that. Anyway - euroglory is ahead of one of us :D  And if we get kicked by you I will surely support the english club in UEFA - Liverpool. If we win... I won't comment this till it doesn't happen :D
kozarets1914

Postby Coley » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:16 pm

I'm going on Thursday night but, while i still think the tournament is important to us (we should take any European competition seriously), i don't think we will end up winning it. 

I think we will beat Levski (just), but we will have to show a marked improvement in attitude to do so.  We usually pick ourselves up after a defeat, which is what has kept GH in a job over the last couple of seasons.  If we do lose though i think he should resign.
Coley

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion