Stop swapping strikers - Dont care if its a new thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:58 pm

A message to benitez.
You are class....

but...

Find two strikers, and stick with them for more than 20 minutes (sarcastic time, i know its more)

ow are the strikers ever gonna gel if they are never playing together?

And how come mori will get game after game to sort out his confidence when Cisse is lucky to get half an hour?

finally, it the way we play? do we just not give strikers a chance?

Im just :censored: off with the way our strikers have all been playing, and trying to find answers.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:18 pm

Morientes lacks confidence, Sissy lacks ability.

At the minute i'd go with Fowler and Crouch. Crouch offers something. Fowler will but needs service, the service the last few weeks has been a joke.
115-1073096938

Postby dawson99 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:21 pm

But stu, mori has lacked confidence for nearly 2 years now with us.
All i want is for rafa to pick 2 guys, shove em up front, and keep them there so they know each other a bit, its just a bit of a shambles right now. (we at least agree on that?)

And the sissy lacking ability is a little harsh, he should have started last night. Mori hasnt shown anything recently and we needed pace yesterday from the get go.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:36 pm

Agree with you there. Its one thing that has been puzzling me too - i think ive mentioned it on here before in a cisse thread. But when crouch couldnt score when he cam ehe was given 14 starts upfront in a row. Moro is being given start after start. And cisse.... a start on the RW, then 10mins sub upfront, then left out the team, then 20mins sub at the end... then rw start... (yes we all know he aint the best striker in the world - but he deserves his chance.. ffs how many games is moro gonna get to prove he can rekindle what he had where Cisse gets bit-parts)

My vote would be cisse/fowler for a few games in a row, so cisses pace draws defenders with diagonal little runs, leaving robbie the space for a nice lttle ball through the centre :) 

I do like crouch up there but he could be rested while grumpy guts and god get a run out... then crouch is fresher to play alongside one of the two.

well its just an idea... ??? 

To address another question... yes i do think there is something in the way we play in the final third of the pitch. But this  is also caused by rotating the strikers so much, as all four strikers like different balls to run on to/play off/ hold up/ flick on/ run with etc. So the midfield needs to have consistancy in the strikers too, to not just learn what the striker likes, but also that sense of knowing what he's gonna do before he does it - if you know what i mean...
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:45 pm

Exactly the same thing I said before. Rotation is fine in other position but not up front. If Rafa keep doing this swap, it doesn't matter who we have as they will not get comfortable enough to score anything.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Garymac » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:04 pm

What do you do when 1 is not a goalscorer and not bought as a main priority to score goals but to bring others into play (Crouch).

1 is not fit and is unlikely to be fit till next season fully (fowler).

1 is well past his sell by date and needs getting rid of because he provides nothing (Morientes)

And why play the other one when we all know how sh1t he is and all people do when he does play is complain (Cisse)

No matter what strikers we play upfront we are never going to be totally happen because then just dont provide enough quality, we just have to make do with what we have till the end of the season, and next season when there is hopefully big changes to the front men we will see the settled strike force.

I hate the way people complain though that Cisse doesnt get a chance, i dont want to see a lazy sh!thouse, good for nothing crying little tw*t in the Liverpool team, the less he plays the better as far as im concerned.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:14 pm

gary, hes moaning because he doesnt get a chance.. and actually when did u last see him moan?

Cisse deserves some starts, or is it just another whatever million down the pan? We get laughed at because of our dire spending and if we dont try to let people play then who can blame the people who laugh at us?

all im saying is that if we spend so many millions on a proven striker, why dont we just give him a chance and let him strike
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:33 pm

cisse's a joke at the moment. when he gets a chance, albeit small, he just stands there with his finger up his botty, whinging and shrugging his shoulders.

not good enough really, and i liked cisse sometime ago, but its getting boring from him now :(

at the moment also, morientes couldnt score in a brothel

i know its a team effort, and im all for that, but it would be nice to know that our strikers would score a little more often.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:38 pm

Judge wrote:cisse's a joke at the moment. when he gets a chance, albeit small, he just stands there with his finger up his botty, whinging and shrugging his shoulders.

when did u last hear him moan? and when did he just stand there?

exactly, if there is a point to this apart from al ot of sheep following just one persons view then its a sad day.

we arent scoring goals, its that simple.

we have nothing to lose in givnig cisse a proper run
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:52 pm

Dawson i just dont see what we can possibly get out of playing someone who is not very good, ive never seen him attack a ball, make an effort, use his pace wisely, peel off a defender, win a 50/50, on saturday he was on the pitch 10 minutes and in injury time when he should have been closing the ball down he just stopped, thats against the mancs in the fa cup, if he wont make an effort then he never will.

Im all up for people getting a chance but not if the player isnt upto it. And i also know that Morientes isnt up to it as well.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:56 pm

just in a bad pedantic mood mate. looking for an answer to continuall lack of scoring (in the game, not the old private life :D)
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:58 pm

I've asked myself this burning question ever since Djibril Cisse came to town and that question is :

Why didn't the board cancel the transfer of Djibril Cisse when they sacked Houllier?

It would seem logical since Cisse was a Houllier signing. Normally when you hire a new manager they want different players for their system etc.

Cisse was a huge signing of £14million pounds and perhaps if Moores or Parry had cancelled the transfer and gave Benitez that £14million to spend on someone more suited to Benitez's style or his perference, unless there is a clause that you can't cancel transfers once completed and arranged?

Cisse hasn't impressed me, when he has been played. He's had a few good games but so many times has he looked lost when has the ball. He has the pace and the power but he doesn't seem to be able to read the game, make things happen or score. I may seem harsh but he just chases lost causes and most of the time he gets onto them but then he either blasts the ball wide, over or at the keeper. He doesn't seem able to communicate with anyone else or link ip play and you can moan about Crouch and Morientes but at least they are able to read the game, make things happen, they just can't seem to score at the moment.

People say "give Cisse a chance" it's all well and good giving him a chance but you're forgetting we ar chasing 2nd  place in the league, going strong in the FA Cup and facing an awkward Champions League fixture at Anfield, is it the right time to perhaps scarafice any of this at the expense of one player is what you have to ask.

And yes all of our strikers have looked unimpressive in recent months but Morientes, Fowler and Crouch all look like they know what to do with the ball when they have it, Cisse does not.
48-1119859832

Postby Judge » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:02 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Judge wrote:cisse's a joke at the moment. when he gets a chance, albeit small, he just stands there with his finger up his botty, whinging and shrugging his shoulders.

when did u last hear him moan? and when did he just stand there?

exactly, if there is a point to this apart from al ot of sheep following just one persons view then its a sad day.

we arent scoring goals, its that simple.

we have nothing to lose in givnig cisse a proper run

dawson ole bean, i know youve had a bad day n all, but the moaning and shoulder shrugging happens much of the time.

in fact last night. when he didnt have the ball, or done naff all with it, you could clearly see him whinging in the corner of the screen, and then the famous shoulder shrug.

for someone with so much pace, he's alot like titi camara

oh, i meant moaning on the pitch, not on tv to pundits
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:07 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Morientes lacks confidence

You may be correct Stu, but he also lacks pace, goal threat and mobiltiy.

Look. If we keep playing Morientes, sooner or later he will score a goal. If we're lucky, he may even score his next goal after that before another twelve games go by. The simple fact of the matter is though, he is not up to it and offers zero attacking threat. If I was the manager, out of our four strikers he would be ranked number four and if we had kept Ping-Pong it would be five.

Cisse as we all know is garbage aswell. Having said that, he deserves more of a chance than he is getting without question. Had he played last night would he have offered more or less than Morientes and Fowler? There, that's the first time I've criticised Robbie since he came back but I thought he was by no means exempt from criticism last night, he offered nothing either.

Given that our strikers (with the exception of Crouch) are offering us absolutely zero at the moment, they should be all given an equal chance. Though he is an idiot, Cisse deserves a go. He can't do any worse surely?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:10 pm

bigmick wrote:Cisse as we all know is garbage aswell, and is shoulder shrugging moaning dosser (judge is totally correct and i support his opinions 100%)

see dawson, mick talks sense

:laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion