What exactly did cisse do wrong?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:33 am

He's a typical African player (and I don't mean because he's black or any other friggin colour) They do not have a team mentality and are individuals who tend to play forthemselves first and foremost. Love the glory and hate the teamwork.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:45 am

???
Can you further explain that ridiculous remark?
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:49 am

JohnBull wrote:He's a typical African player (and I don't mean because he's black or any other friggin colour) They do not have a team mentality and are individuals who tend to play forthemselves first and foremost. Love the glory and hate the teamwork.

He's a French International.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:52 am

If it's got feathers and a bill and quacks , then it's a duck . Please yourself.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:54 am

JohnBull wrote:If it's got feathers and a bill and quacks , then it's a duck . Please yourself.

So I take it you are not going to back up your statement then?

Typical!!!
76-1115222408

Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:56 am

He's a French International.

Doesn't mean much does it? Zlatan Ibrahimovic[h] is a Swedish international but we all know the fecker has Bosnian blood. (He wanted to play for Croatia but they turned him down so he got Swedish citizenship instead)
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnBull » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:58 am

Back Up what statement ?
YOU name a great African TEAM player in any sport (and don't go down the cricket line )
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:06 am

Makelele to use a team that just beat us!

How about Zidane, Marcel Desailly. Again both french as per your example of Cisse but both 'African' or in your eyes does Zidane not count? 

Notice I have used two french players.
You said AFRICAN - what exactly do YOU mean by that, people of African descent or people from Africa?
There is a difference and it makes a difference to the debate too, thats why i asked you to back up  your statement, seen as it was so sweeping.
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby JohnBull » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:12 am

I am not talking about colour I'm talking about a mentality.
There are players who are African French players and players who are French African players there IS a difference and if you cannot see it then this post is pointless.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:23 am

No you are missing the point, take what you say above and then relate it to CISSE and your initial point and explain to me what you are saying, because I still dont understand.

You say its about mentality (ok I hear that???) then you say there are african/french and french/african players (of course!) but you say Cisse has this 'mentality' you speak of and say is 'African' but yet Cisse is french/african!!!

This is why I am lost (still am) as I really dont see your point and once again ask you to clarify your initial post!

BTW I do know the 'difference' you speak of, if you read back my previous post you will see that, so no, the 'post' is not pointless.
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:05 am

The problem with Rafa is Cisse has a big ego, he has his own clothing range, his own record label, models quite frequently, the diffrent hair styles, the tatoos.
I think maybe Rafa feels he cares more about himself than he does Liverpool but I dont think its true, Cisse has a big personality and likes to show off I just think Rafa wants him 100% involved in Liverpool F.C. rather than anything else.
But in January a Manor will be up for sale I fear.
And I think its a real shame he has not been given a run in the team with a partner upfront this season.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby African-red » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:00 am

I can't believe in the narrow mindeness so evident in some people. What's being African got to do with being a team player or not? We have some good players in all parts of the field and in fact most clubs and good team players and don't let me start with a list. And let me not speak about skills and these you don't learn at academies. Pele one of the best footballers is of African descent remember? So stop with this :censored: of blaming Cisse on his skin colour because being African is simply being balck and there's not two ways about it. CISSE's simply got a personality that not many people like of wanting to be successful in all areas. I am really praying he stay in England when he's sold because I want him to prove that he can make it in England. Benitez has a personal problem with CISSE and that is it. He wanted to buy him while at Valencia and he didn't stop the deal as he was coming in. Houlier did not purchase Cisse as he was on his way out long before some of us knew about. Benitez favours players he buys. Even Owen is not his type of player and he's constantly being forced down his throat much to his annoyance. Rafa has potrayed to every one that the reason we did not get Owen is because Cisse did not want to leave. Cisse is the scapegoat for not getting Owen and the man who's attitude was once loved by fans is now hated. We will not play Cisse until January and we'll slip down the way mark my words. Owen had his terrible spell the season before he left and every striker has but given games I don't see Cisse not performing. Some say he's just not good enough then who is that is at the club right now? And don't tell me Owen because last time I checked he play in some white and balck shirt. Stop dreaming and talk of what we have at our disposal and play that. We have much more bad players at the club than Cisse. Cisse won us a cup single handedly UEFA Champions Champion. Tell some who can give in such performances and please don't tell me of players we don't have Ok.
African-red

Postby azriahmad » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:04 am

Lads and girls, I am afraid I have to side with Stu here.

Cisse has been annoyingly inconsistent - his touch can range from good to woeful and most of the time he is the latter. Same as his finishing. He is fast, that I can't deny the lad.

I have yet to see a fraction of his worth. Maybe also we have not played him to his strengths but even if we do, he is still annoyingly inconsistent. He has to improve on that.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby African-red » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:12 am

How is he still annoying if you just said maybe we did not play him to his strength? If he's not good who is that is at the club that has 6-7 goals with less time on the field. I can't just believe some of this

Yes his fist touch is bad but not as bad as Garcias. Yet Garcia plays more that Cisse and less goals. I just can't believe some people. You all are just hating and all have the right to. But we need to play the players we have may be bring on Mellor. heheheh
African-red

Postby Paul C » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:30 am

I have to admit that I was so excited when Cisse arrived, I've tried to stickup for the lad but I'm now starting to look at it from the clubs point of view that he isn't Rafa's first choice and we need money towards a QUALITY right winger so if someone can give us £7m+ then sell him. ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion