Our we missing harry? - Our missing man

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:44 am

Liverpool's Harry Kewell says he will be out of action for at least another four months after undergoing foot and groin surgery in Australia.

Kewell was injured while playing for Australia in last summer's World Cup in Germany and is yet to play for Rafa Benitez's charges this season.

The 28-year-old underwent surgery last Friday and despite everyone being pleased with the operations, it is going to be sometime before he dons a Reds shirt again.

The former Leeds winger is set to meet up with his surgeons this week, and if he is given the thumbs up he will return to England to continue his rehabilitation.

"It's going to be a while, we're looking past February," explained the Australian international.

"I'm just itching to get back into playing. My foot is a bit sore at the moment and my groin is a bit sore at the moment.

"I just had (surgery) on Friday and the surgeons are very happy. I meet up with them again on Friday and if they give me the all-clear I'm back off to England.

"It's been a long hard thing for me, seven weeks so far, and I'm really looking forward to going home and seeing my family."

Well if we are missing him, we will have to miss him for another four months. :angry:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:53 am

Harry Kewell's Liverpool Career:

WELL AND TRULY OVER :(
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:43 am

:(  tis a sad when when you hear news like that. No manager wants a player that is only fit for what equates to one season out of three.

You gotta feel for Harry, he might be getting 40grand a week for sitting on his backside resting his feet (which lets face it we'd all kill someone for that kinda job)... but when you enjoy playing football so much, and you have been signed by the greatest football club in the world and you cant pull on that famous red shirt because of your fooking feet or groins or hamstring ... I know if i was in his position it would be so :censored:, and you'd feel so bad that you couldn't walk through the tunnel at anfield and play your heart out for the club.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:27 am

Sick note thats Harry Kewell!!!  He is another Dareen Anderton allways fecking injured.

Get rid in Jan, his best days are well and trully behind him..
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:19 pm

kazza wrote:Liverpool's Harry Kewell says he will be out of action for at least another four months after undergoing foot and groin surgery in Australia.

Kewell was injured while playing for Australia in last summer's World Cup in Germany and is yet to play for Rafa Benitez's charges this season.

The 28-year-old underwent surgery last Friday and despite everyone being pleased with the operations, it is going to be sometime before he dons a Reds shirt again.

The former Leeds winger is set to meet up with his surgeons this week, and if he is given the thumbs up he will return to England to continue his rehabilitation.

"It's going to be a while, we're looking past February," explained the Australian international.

"I'm just itching to get back into playing. My foot is a bit sore at the moment and my groin is a bit sore at the moment.

"I just had (surgery) on Friday and the surgeons are very happy. I meet up with them again on Friday and if they give me the all-clear I'm back off to England.

"It's been a long hard thing for me, seven weeks so far, and I'm really looking forward to going home and seeing my family."

Well if we are missing him, we will have to miss him for another four months. :angry:

Remember I told you all "Get Rid of HK before he becoming the next Scimer" and before the WC ( before he's injure ) .. Spurs have inform Rafa that Liverpool can take Defoe and They take HK .... We should accept that offer and now his ( HK ) value maybe as low as 2m ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:00 am

Some good news on the Harry Kewell front. Harry says he hopes to be back in training just after Christmas. How long after that he will be available for selection god knows, but it sounds as if it may be sooner than expected.
account deleted by request

Postby Rafa D » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:55 am

His Judy - that Sheree Murphy was on Radio City this morning saying how he is nearly fit again and is back in training and should be back within 3 weeks.

She said he is looking forward to playing in the Barcelona game.

Fingers crossed he comes back and crossed he aint :censored:
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:17 am

we have missed harry badly this season and gonzalez would have benifited from playing second fiddle to harry while he got use to the prem
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:03 am

I havent been his biggest fan since he arrived at Anfield, his succession of injuries have clouded most of our opinions of him, which is probably unfair.
We have missed him so much this season, the natural balance to the team has been hugely disrupted, and it would be interesting to see how many players have been played in his position so far this season.
He didnt score many goals last season, but he worked hard and the team had natural width and balance.

It would be great news if he was fit in the near future, but i think Rafa will have to be careful with rushing him back.
Also fans may have to be patient because he may take a month or so to get back to his sharpest.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:31 pm

When he played, he played well last season.

Some people have short memories or are just too stubborn to admit he played well and that we do miss him. Anyone who thought Gonzales would just walk in and replace him no probs, was naive to say the least.

The fact that we have played Gerrard on the left at times this season is more evidence to prove that Kewell is still our best left sided midfield player.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:44 pm

Only 121 appearances for LFC since he joined (july 2003) . None so far this season . No , I don't miss him .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:02 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Only 121 appearances for LFC since he joined (july 2003) . None so far this season . No , I don't miss him .

In saying that when he has played and been in the team for a sustained period of time he has looked quality out wide. A TBH better than anything we've got at the moment.

But I tend to agree with Woof, how can you miss a player whos hardly ever played ?

F.uck, I cant even remember what he looks like, my last image of him was him dressing up as Shane Warne, has he changed that much  :D Well I suppose Its possible after all that time, he's piled on the pounds.  :D
66-1112520797

Postby Mannyk » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:48 pm

CousinIT wrote:To sum this up,NO. If there is one player we don't need right now it's Harry Kewell. The way we are playing right now would not suit Harry. He would not change the corse of a match and he would be like playing with only 10 men.

Harry is the sort of player you play when you're doing well and the team has confidence. He isn't good enough to change a match on his own.

Are you serious? Rather have harry in my team against ten men . He will rip the sh-t out of them.
Mannyk

Postby Marianne » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:32 pm

Nah, dont think we miss harry, As in stevies book, he says, harry underperforms for l.pool and is too injury prone!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby Rafa D » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:57 pm

Kewell Back For Barca

Heres the offical word from the offical site. Barcelona you say Harry, to put yourself in the shop window me thinks.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion