DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:41 am

Sell him.

SERIOUSLY is he made of glass?!?

He is almost done as a top flight footballer.

Sorry lads it's a ruthless sport, we dont have time for passengers. We simply cant have a player that gets 120k a week and plays a handful of games a season.

We need goals and we aint going to get them from someone who spends more time at the doctors than anywhere else.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:47 am

I guess we no why Chelsea were not to keen on keeping him.

His missed a lot of games for us.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/daniel-s ... eler/47082
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:53 am

Theseare dark days lads and we're going to have to be patient for another 12 months whilst we sold out all the sh!t BR left us.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:15 am

It's such a shame this. One of my favourite players for us in recent years, electric when he's fit and on form and in terms of pure finishing is up there with the best we've had at this club.

I saw a statistic recently that he's only played a handful more premier league games than Sterling who is 6 years his junior. Says a lot. I appreciate some of that was due to Chelsea not playing him a lot, but still.

Heart says keep him but head says he's heading down the same route as Kewell/Jamie Redknapp and isn't worth the high wages for the games he plays.

I think the sensible thing is to keep him until we find a player who is as prolific in front of goal but who can stay fit. When we do and if Stirridges injury record hasn't improved, we'll have to consider selling.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:37 am

Reg » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:53 am wrote:Theseare dark days lads and we're going to have to be patient for another 12 months whilst we sold out all the sh!t BR left us.....

Reg - Now that BR has gone I don't mind admitting that I honestly wasn't his biggest fan as the affectionately named WHINGE COMMITTEE were lead to believe  :laugh: To be frank he was a very annoying egomaniac who was considerably out of his depth. Having said that his peformance in the transfer market as a member of the transfer market was utterly useless but apart from a few notable exceptions our transfer record over the last decade or more has been simply desperate. Klopp will not have to do a lot to improve in this area. The money that has been wated represents a level of staggering incompetence that would be difficult to surpass  :help
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:25 am

Hang in there Reg.

Klopp is the light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel.

If the yanks back him in the transfer market and don't put any ridiculous restrictions, he will only need a few transfer windows to have us firing again in the league and Europe.

He has a lot of work to do, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we are a force again.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:00 pm

Was hoping Sturridge would be our next big striker and he has the talent to. Liverpool always had world class strikers, from Rush, to Fowler to Owen, to Torres, to Suarez. Unfortunately it's looking like DS could not be relied upon due to his fitness issues. Klopp should be looking for another striker pretty soon...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:51 pm

Regarding one of the post's above about offloading him, trouble is who would be prepared to spend decent money on him with his injury record ?

Darren Anderton comes to mind when i think of class players made of glass, its a real conundrum for us
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:51 pm

Regarding one of the post's above about offloading him, trouble is who would be prepared to spend decent money on him with his injury record ?

Darren Anderton comes to mind when i think of class players made of glass, its a real conundrum for us
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:35 pm

I could see Newcastle or Spurs offering us a decent amount for Sturridge

He probably would be suited to a foreign league having winter breaks

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:10 pm

DS is one of the most prolific stickers in the entire history of our club. His only weakness is his ability to stay away from the physio room.
It's because of the position LFC finds itself in (a team with no real goal threat) why many fans question his abilities.
IF DS was in any other LFC team throughout the past 30-40 years he would be an excellent acquisition playing in that 3-4 choice role (only because of his injuries).
DS is the only WC striker we have and therefore we miss the H£ll out of him when he is unavailable to play.
His stats simply do not lie.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:37 pm

JC_81 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:15 am wrote:It's such a shame this. One of my favourite players for us in recent years, electric when he's fit and on form and in terms of pure finishing is up there with the best we've had at this club.

I saw a statistic recently that he's only played a handful more premier league games than Sterling who is 6 years his junior. Says a lot. I appreciate some of that was due to Chelsea not playing him a lot, but still.

Heart says keep him but head says he's heading down the same route as Kewell/Jamie Redknapp and isn't worth the high wages for the games he plays.

I think the sensible thing is to keep him until we find a player who is as prolific in front of goal but who can stay fit. When we do and if Stirridges injury record hasn't improved, we'll have to consider selling.

I think his fitness record is why both City and Chelsea got shut of him. He always had talent but unfortunately never the fitness to be consistent. At the time he came here I remember looking at his thread on the shed end and the feeling there was similar to what it is here with him now. Very talented but a crock.

Thought we jumped the gun a wee bit giving him that bumper deal after 18 months but I think a lot of that had to do with the club knowing Suarez was off. After the season he'd just had his agent would have been aware that he was now  no-1 and wanted his contract to reflect that so maybe they had little choice in the matter. It is a lot of money though and a serious problem if we do try and sell. No club will take on that wage knowing his injury record let alone pay a transfer fee on top of it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:12 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:10 pm wrote: His only weakness is his ability to stay away from the physio room.

or in other words, his only weakness is his weakness.

its like john said, he's absolutely electric and deadly when he's fit and an incredibly exciting forward to watch. but maybe its just not worth it anymore.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:11 pm

andy_g » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:12 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:10 pm wrote: His only weakness is his ability to stay away from the physio room.

or in other words, his only weakness is his weakness.

its like john said, he's absolutely electric and deadly when he's fit and an incredibly exciting forward to watch. but maybe its just not worth it anymore.

He's worth keeping on our books. He may not be a no.1 striker but certainly an ace squad player.
It's just not his fault that the club finds itself lacking a prolific goalscorer.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:50 pm

The striking option isn't even the problem, it's the lack of creativity behind the strikers. Selling DS is a ***** idea. It was an accident that they are not rushing. It isn't a muscle breakdown, it was a knee clash. After 2 ACL's in 2 weeks, I am glad they are taking precaution and getting him right, rather than risking him and having him out again for the year.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion