DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:42 pm

I've heard from mates that DS picked up another injury whilst training. He's travelled for the game but will be assessed again nearer game time to ascertain whether he can play.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Oh dear.. hope thats not true...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Yeah fingers crossed
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:49 pm

If that is true,  I'd leave him out even at this early stage.  Rather he missed one game because knowing his luck, if he plays that minor injury will develop into something more serious and keep out longer term. No chances with Sturridge
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Like Ive said fine tuned to such an extent one twist and its a twang, busted guitar string.

Im convinced that in time this regime will stop and players will have a tougher layer to prevent injury.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:42 pm

Considering DS is an injury crock i wonder if he will feature in  JK long term plans....
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:25 am

redshade » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:42 pm wrote:Considering DS is an injury crock i wonder if he will feature in  JK long term plans....

Think Kloppo's planning for Sturridge's future and is already stocking up on "Get Well Soon " cards     :D

More seriously, don't think any "injury prone" player will last too long under Kloppo's methods.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:29 am

His injury record coupled with his lack of work rate will see him moved on

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:29 pm

We need to get rid of this lad pronto. Quality or not his fitness is a fooking joke  :angry:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:10 pm

I would be tempted to transfer him maybe next summer depending on how many games he manages to play this season.

Fantastic finisher and a very good player but for 100k per week or whatever we're paying him we are no longer getting value for money.

Rapidly turning into Kewell mark 2. Injury prone players don't suddenly become players who are not injury prone, it tends to get worse as they get older rather than better. He is a concern.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:46 pm

I'd rather have a good striker in the squad who is fit for 90% of the season rather than a star striker who can offer 10 games a season.

The lads got talent but his got a lot of injury issues.
Lets see how many games he gets until end of the season.
If injuries persist i'd sell him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:44 pm

Sturridge is one of the best and most talented strikers in the Premiership ,Klopp stated it was a collision with Ibe in training and rather than aggravate the injury in light of recent knee injuries we've sustained, he omitted him to air on the side of caution.

Lets not kid ourselves here ,he gives us quality up front that no one else can currently offer. I cant believe given our scarcity of proven goal scorers posters are prepared to move him on ,his latest injury is not a reoccurrence of what has marred his time at Liverpool ,its a knock to his knee sustained when Ibe collided with him ,these things happen at every club.

Sturridge will be back and with this pressing style under Klopp we will  see the space open up in front of goal to prove just how invaluable he really is .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:07 pm

Yeah it sounded to me like Sturridge's injury wasn't that serious and on another day he might have been risked, as Klopp said because they'd had such a bad week with Gomez and Ings they thought it better not to tempt fate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Sell Sturrdige? That will do me. He is one of the best finishers in the league. His work rate in the 13/14 season was awesome, and I have no doubt he can do that again.

He has a knee clash and Klopp used caution with him. It is a long season ahead and DS is key for us. I hope he misses Thursdays game and is ready for Scouseampton.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:12 pm

Sturridge is a fantastic striker and showed that he is one of the best in the premier league two seasons ago when he stayed fit.

I would give him every chance to get there again throughout this season, but if he gets another long-term injury though I reckon that's it, we should cut our losses and move him on.

Klopp's high press and manic intensity will not suit the fella and I can only see it getting worse for him as our team evolves under the German.

Praying that his injury days are behind him but I'm far from convinced.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion