DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alxy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:13 am

Not too long ago, Stevie G was considered injury prone, but then through some proper medical advise, he got himself sorted out and remained relatively injury-free for the rest of his career. That could happen to Daniel too. Any other player I would say cut loss and go for another. But who else can you see us getting with his kind of finishing? I think we need to stick with him. Normally, it won't be too much of a problem because we have Benteke and Ings (and Firmino if Klopp can get him working as a forward). Just that we were left without any cover due to the horrid injury list
alxy

Postby aCe' » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:22 am

We'd have to go out and get an Aguero or Suarez type of player to improve on Sturridge. Check out these numbers:

39 league starts (11 sub) , 38 league goals, 16 league assists.

People arguing that we should sell him need a reality check. We dont have goals coming in from anywhere and our second best player -Coutinho- is extremely inconsistent. I'll say it again... when fit, he is our most important player by quite some distance.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:14 am

alxy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:13 am wrote:Not too long ago, Stevie G was considered injury prone, but then through some proper medical advise, he got himself sorted out and remained relatively injury-free for the rest of his career. That could happen to Daniel too. Any other player I would say cut loss and go for another. But who else can you see us getting with his kind of finishing? I think we need to stick with him. Normally, it won't be too much of a problem because we have Benteke and Ings (and Firmino if Klopp can get him working as a forward). Just that we were left without any cover due to the horrid injury list

Gerrard was never injury prone he just had a groin issue due to growing too quickly. His injury was generally the same thing unlike Sturridge who seems to pick up different injuries.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:31 am

aCe' » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:22 am wrote:We'd have to go out and get an Aguero or Suarez type of player to improve on Sturridge. Check out these numbers:

People arguing that we should sell him need a reality check. We dont have goals coming in from anywhere and our second best player -Coutinho- is extremely inconsistent. I'll say it again... when fit, he is our most important player by quite some distance.

End of discussion really, those numbers are quite simply phenominal, they are the type of turkey shoot stats you normally see in La Liga or North of the border, not in the Prem. Thanks for those mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:03 am

aCe' » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:22 am wrote:We'd have to go out and get an Aguero or Suarez type of player to improve on Sturridge. Check out these numbers:

Problem is Ace that he is coming up on 4 years with us and he has only managed to tog out 68 times. That is poor and the main cause for fans to be frustrated with him.
No one denies that on his day he is untouchable and those stats are impressive but he has extremely poor fitness to go with that. Its akin to having a car that lets you down 3 mornings a week and there is only so much of that you can take before you get shut  :nod

I would absolutely love to see him sort himself out and stay in the team for a season but its hard to see that happening, Even more so if he is expected to put in over 10k during a match on top of the training.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:40 am

EDIT:

44 league starts not 39. Math isnt my strong suit.

Yakka, I was shocked by the numbers as well. I always knew he had a very good scoring record but this is just crazy. Puts him amongst the top in the world in terms of goals per minute and goals/assists per minute. Best per minute ratio in the club's history. 2nd most effective player in the league behind Aguero and a few more things to add to that.

Red, coming up to 3 years this Jan. Signed in Jan, played half a season + previous 2. His appearance numbers arent great by any stretch but its mostly down to him missing all of last season (7 league starts, 4 goals and 3 assists). The previous season he made 26 starts (3 sub) and the half a season before that after signing he made 11 starts (3sub) scoring 11 and assisting 5.  Crazy stats especially when you consider his injury record; doesnt seem to miss a beat when returning.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:04 pm

kazza » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:14 am wrote:
alxy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:13 am wrote:Not too long ago, Stevie G was considered injury prone, but then through some proper medical advise, he got himself sorted out and remained relatively injury-free for the rest of his career. That could happen to Daniel too. Any other player I would say cut loss and go for another. But who else can you see us getting with his kind of finishing? I think we need to stick with him. Normally, it won't be too much of a problem because we have Benteke and Ings (and Firmino if Klopp can get him working as a forward). Just that we were left without any cover due to the horrid injury list

Gerrard was never injury prone he just had a groin issue due to growing too quickly. His injury was generally the same thing unlike Sturridge who seems to pick up different injuries.

They're saying Daniel's problems are also because of the same issue. That's why he gets injured so much. Forget about last weekend's knock. That was just a training incident thing which can happen to anyone. He was not played just as a precaution.
alxy

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:20 pm

I like Sturridge, he's a natural finisher and (Suarez aside) our best since Owen. He gets goals and is the first player in the 11 for me...when fit.

However, this will be an important season for the guy, because Klopp is building his new squad and he won't include Daniel if he's injured most of the time. I'm  hoping he'll buck the trend and prove his fitness because he's hugely talented. Otherwise Klopp will replace him and move him on. I'm sure of it.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:21 am

Sturridge needs to be played only in the EPL and only games where we will struggle to score. Wear down the opponents for 90mins, bring on Danny for the stoppage time winner. Job done.

Early retirement from England duties is essential to maintain his playing time here.

When he is not playing he will be firmly secured against any form of unauthorized and unplanned movements.

We play Benteke/ings/Divock in all the other games

Problem solved.
killerp

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:25 am

:D  :D  :D

Joking aside, despite his stats he has to go. I love the lad but he plays one game in 4 so unless he's prepared to get paid one weeka month he has to go. 120k a week to play once in a while is crazy.

Take the money and buy a player who we can build the next generation team around. Sorry but is a fact.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:17 pm

My sentiments exactly

Sturridge when fit is a great player its just a shame he picks up too many injuries that he cant be relied on

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:04 pm

Apparently a doubt for the southampton match  :angry:  That knock he got in training has caused fluid to build up in his knee  :glare:

Its just one thing after the other with him  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:14 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:04 pm wrote:Apparently a doubt for the southampton match  :angry:  That knock he got in training has caused fluid to build up in his knee  :glare:

Yeah I saw a clip of Jurgen's press conference on Sky Sports earlier mate and he basically said Sturridge won't be playing on Sunday but Benteke and Firmino are both available for selection so at least we are in a better position than we were before the Spurs game.
You are right though, Sturridge has got to be up there with Aurelio and Kewell as the most injury prone players the club has ever had I should think.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:18 pm

Sturridge is so injury prone he now feels like a player from another era.

Hes a young man so probably doesnt see the club changing around him like in HG Wells Time Machine, and he needs to get back, stay back, and score goals big time.

If he doesnt come through with us then I fear hes finished at the elite end of the game.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:32 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:14 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:04 pm wrote:Apparently a doubt for the southampton match  :angry:  That knock he got in training has caused fluid to build up in his knee  :glare:

Yeah I saw a clip of Jurgen's press conference on Sky Sports earlier mate and he basically said Sturridge won't be playing on Sunday but Benteke and Firmino are both available for selection so at least we are in a better position than we were before the Spurs game.
You are right though, Sturridge has got to be up there with Aurelio and Kewell as the most injury prone players the club has ever had I should think.

Remember Heggem
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion