DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:52 pm

aCe' » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:50 pm wrote:- No logic in selling one of your best players
- He's still the best goalscorer at the club
- I'm fairly certain he'll make his way back into the starting 11 sooner or later for whatever reason
- He still scores when started for club and country and I'm yet to see a side who have won a league without a bench player or two making a significant impact.
- I'm not sure about Origi being anywhere near ready for the level we're competing at atm
- We wont get anywhere near his value if we sell him now
- I cant think of many better players to bring on in the last 15 minutes in a tight game against a side parking the bus
- We dont need the money

^ This
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:56 pm

Excellent post Ace - totally agree with all of your sentiments.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:35 pm

Studge will want to leave. He wants regular action and its obvious his not going to be ahead of Firmino. If he won't go in Jan he will surely request a transfer in the summer.
Question is not us wanting to keep him its Studge wanting to stay here or not.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:18 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:52 pm wrote:
aCe' » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:50 pm wrote:- No logic in selling one of your best players
- He's still the best goalscorer at the club
- I'm fairly certain he'll make his way back into the starting 11 sooner or later for whatever reason
- He still scores when started for club and country and I'm yet to see a side who have won a league without a bench player or two making a significant impact.
- I'm not sure about Origi being anywhere near ready for the level we're competing at atm
- We wont get anywhere near his value if we sell him now
- I cant think of many better players to bring on in the last 15 minutes in a tight game against a side parking the bus
- We dont need the money

^ This

Agree with the gist of your post aCe but there's a few points that are perhaps debatable.

No logic in selling one of your best players

Agreed BUT what if a player doesn't want to be here ? and in Studge's case, how long has he got left on his contract ?

I'm fairly certain he'll make his way back into the starting 11 sooner or later for whatever reason
I'm yet to see a side who have won a league without a bench player or two making a significant impact
I cant think of many better players to bring on in the last 15 minutes in a tight game against a side parking the bus

If he makes his way back into the starting eleven "for whatever reason" then it surely negates you next two points ?
However to address those points. If he doesn't become a regular starter I just don't see a player of his quality being prepared to spend his Liverpool career sitting on the bench as a kind of supersub.

We wont get anywhere near his value if we sell him now

Why not ? He's apparently fit again and when he's played he's looked like the player we know he can be.

I'm not sure about Origi being anywhere near ready for the level we're competing at atm

Understand your reservations about Origi, personally I think under Klopp he could develop into a real gem.
The fella just needs more game time, unfortunately with so much attacking potential in the squad he may find that increasingly hard to come by   :(  .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:13 am

Danny would be crazy to leave. ​He has a genetic injury problem, he can't play 6-8 consecutive games, he knows that. He would have sat down with his doctor and the club, realised his problem and agreed that playing week in, week out would see him of out for 6  months of the year. The best solution is to stay at Liverpool, play occasional 90 minutes and lots of impact sub 20+ minutes and be a complete terror when teams are getting tired.

I've changed my min over the lad, he was great against Watford, a massive threat so when teams start their last 20 minute push when we normally concede goals, instead of putting a defender on, put Danny on who'll run direct and destroy the opponents momentum, put them back on the defensive again.

Keep the lad, he has great value, but he has to accept that even if he moved to another club he can't play more than a few games at a time, we all know he'll be out for 3 months at a time. And how many more ripping style injuries can he endure?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:07 am

I would love that aswel. It would be perfect for us but to be honest i doubt Studge will see it like that. He will want to be in the main xi the main forward. I can see him gone in the summer.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:22 am

He can't be the main centre forward playing every week, his body won't let him. The Liverpool set up is a great compromise!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Just a reminder that Sturridge has not really been injured since Klopp called him out on basically having a low threshold for pain. He has not played that much but he still played for England. It seems since he lost his place in the team and we do not need him as much as we did before he has miraculously become consistently fit. Despite his obvious skill he lacks drive and determination which is a Klopp foundation.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:51 pm

If both Lallana and Coutinho miss out against Southampton he'll probably start. Granted he'll be in a side missing 2 of its best -and most in form- players, I still think he'll do well and perhaps give Klopp something to think about for the next few fixtures.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:34 pm

Feels a bit like Klopp is under using Sturridge at moment with Southampton an example, at least give him more minutes if we are struggling to score. Appreciate not everyone can start but if his weakness is embracing the team game it empowers him to create from nothing on his own.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:40 am

Reports coming out saying Southampton will bid for him. If it has to be, I wouldn't mind a swap deal involving Virgil van Dijk...

It should be no less than a straight swap though... It's unheard of that a defender would cost more than a top class striker let alone an english one at that...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:23 pm

maguskwt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:40 am wrote:Reports coming out saying Southampton will bid for him. If it has to be, I wouldn't mind a swap deal involving Virgil van Dijk...

It should be no less than a straight swap though... It's unheard of that a defender would cost more than a top class striker let alone an english one at that...

With all due respect to Southampton I can't see Danny being willing to go there, what top striker wants to join a club that sells all its best players at the drop of a hat? If Sturridge goes anywhere it will either be abroad or to someone like Arsenal
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:55 pm

If he goes (and I hope he doesn't) then I'd like to see him go aboard. Somewhere like PSG or Monaco would suit his style and pace. He'd be a 30 goal a season striker in the French league, with ease.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:50 pm

Yeah same here abroad would be best. Arsenal would be a perfect fit of studge.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:08 am

The bigger clubs like Arsenal would not want to take the risk with Sturridge due to his injury record. That is also probably why his market price is low. Remember we took a risk with his as well when he arrived from Chelsea because he was injured there too...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion