We can sign one more player atleast

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Wasn't someone saying the other day he was in trouble for skipping training? That guy is too volatile to play for a club like this. We have had bad boys here before and they didn't work out.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:53 pm

i think we have got to stop talking about signing eto'o or villa, after signing johnson, we simply dont have the money.
hell, even before signing johnson, we wont have the funds, not when the yanks are here.
i am hoping we can sign some out-of-favor players from madrid, or even owen will be nice (minus the huge salary). Rafa really need to get creative here.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:56 pm

Octsky wrote:i think we have got to stop talking about signing eto'o or villa, after signing johnson, we simply dont have the money.
hell, even before signing johnson, we wont have the funds, not when the yanks are here.
i am hoping we can sign some out-of-favor players from madrid, or even owen will be nice (minus the huge salary). Rafa really need to get creative here.

I'd be surprised if Rafa went for Owen again, especially after the way he snubbed us for Newcastle a few years ago.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:07 pm

crazyhorse wrote:
mistyred wrote:Adriano looked back to normal the other night his free kick
was a screamer, not gonna break the bank but would be a great
signing for me.

He would brutalise the defenders in the prem and then knock them out after :cool:

I agree. Adriano is big, poweful, skillfull and a bit of an animal!

He is powerful, has skill and can finish as well as being a big lad... he would tear up the PL IMHO and Nando would thrive feeding off him.

I watched him score a hattrick over the weekend, but he still needs to drop two stones before he could be at Premiership level fitness. Plus, there are stories about him missing a couple of training sessions.
JoeTerp

Postby Trewyn » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Realistically, Silva + Owen.

The English game has changed a bit since ages ago. I believe the small guy has a better chance to excel in this current climate. But let's also not forget that once upon a time when the game was more brutally 'English', a puny italian named Gianfranco Zola had a blazing career in Chelski.

As for Owen, I have long mentioned that he needs to evolve his game to fit his physical form (age). For a free transfer and a chance to evolve his game into becoming more of a support/2nd striker than his glory days as the top dog... I feel that this time, he can achieve the respect he so craves once more.

Unrealistically Silva + Villa. Silva as mentioned above.
Villa, because he comes with pre-included telepathic partnership with Torres.

While Adriano may be good, that guy has more issues than Stan Collymore and Pennant combined, so steer clear away from him.
I don't mind VanHorseface and Robben, even though he's an idiot.

Maybe Silva, Robben and Owen? or Silva, Robben and VanHorseface?
Trewyn

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:12 pm

Just heard on Radio5 that Owen is going to speak with Hull later this week  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doc Lashed » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:17 pm

Ideally I’d love Silva but I can’t see it. I don’t think Arbeloa will go. As Rafa said, he’d like to keep him for the competition. Not only is he competition at right back for Johnson but Arbeloa can also play left back. He did so for Spain the other night and has done so for Liverpool before. What with Aurelio being injury prone and Insua still young, I think Rafa will keep him for that option.

Voronin and Dossena will go and we’ll end up with either Tuncay or Saviola, Though I’d love it, just love it, if Silva does come.
:nod
Doc Lashed

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:39 pm

Llorente, Dzeko or maybe domestic options like Cameron Jerome or Sylvan Ebanks-Blake. I think they would all be good options as cover for Torres.

For attacking midfield/withdrawn strikers/wingers: Renato Augusto, Mesut Ozil, Marko Marin, Arda Turan, Cristian Rodríguez, Luis Suárez, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro Leon, Esteban Granero, Jurado

domestic option: Adam Johnson, Lennon, Downing, Tuncay,

I would think it would be great if we could afford a world class talent like Villa or Aguero.  Although Silva has quality, he too has a high price, albeit, an expectedly lower one than Villa's, I think that Silva can only help us in the withrdawn roles behind Torres, and would surely eat up about all the money we have left, still leaving us wanting for someone to play up front when Torres is injured. I guess we could go another year with Babel, Kuyt and N'gog, but most don't seem happy with that. And in principal most people don't want to see us sign "2 mediocre players instead of one world class player," but that is what I would suggest.  But then there is the point of the last thing we need is another mediocre wide player because we already have Reira, Yossi, Kuyt, and occasionally Babel. So then you start to think, well lets just get the best striker that we can afford. But then you ask yourself, why would we spend all that money on a player that isn't even going to crack the first XI? Then you end up thinking that your best option is to go with Silva.
:p
JoeTerp

Postby Octsky » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:00 pm

i am not a fanboy of owen, but right now owen can be consider as a manageable risk.
some teams like to double team on Torres, ok fair to tat, sometimes on Gerrard too, what if we field michael owen? they can mark owen too, which free up space for torres and gerrard or they can ignore owen, this is where owen can prove that he is still worth sh.i.t.
yes, he is injury-prone, but his goals scoring ratio with us, madrid or newcastle is undeniable.
if he moves to hull, then it is another nail into his career's coffin. if i was him, i would do everything i could to get back to LFC.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby benjy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:13 pm

i can't decide if we need a wide player more or a striker more.

i'm happy enough with torres and gerrard upfront - but that if either one gets injured. benayoun or even riera could stand in for gerrard but no one can adequately replace torres while he's hurt.

yet, i think we need a more creative winger more to make those draws last season turn into wins. silva would hopefully provide that. imagine him and riera down our flanks with gerrard as well behind torres.

so if it's really only one, i'd go for a winger. spend the rest of the budget on a good one and let's go win that title.
benjy

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Silva for me :;):  i know hes only little but hes a little terrier an can take some stick :nod

I cant wait to say HOLA David Lad :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:36 pm

For me its got to be Silva and Owen

If we dont sell mash or xabi

If we sell one of them (mash if i had a option)

Silva
AND

Villa
aguro
eto

But id like to keep both sign owen well worth a gamble and DAVID SILVA
kopite_1232002

Postby Penguins » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:15 pm

What is this hype about Silva?

I have seen him have a few great games and many average ones
and nothing that makes med believe he is worth 20 million+.

He is lightweight, doesn't help defensivly, doesn't score or assist enough and would probably do even worse in the the PL.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:21 pm

I keep gettin' confused between Villa and Silva - I have no idea which is which and whether ones better than the other.

Better to wait and see if we buy one then try work out if he's any good. :O
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:26 pm

(Owen/VanNistelrooy) for almost nothing and (Robben/Silva) for everything we got ...  That would sort out the attacking positions imo... If we do sell one or more of Babel, Voronin, Benny, Dossena, Arbeloa, Leto, Itnadje, pennant..etc then i'd use that money to sign a CB.. all of it ... the amount of money we get from selling would then decide the quality of the Cb we get and whether he'd be 1st choice or simply backup...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion