We can sign one more player atleast

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:50 pm

They need to put sort out the vetting process for when submitting info to Wiki.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:52 pm

bavlondon wrote:

They need to put sort out the vetting process for when submitting info to Wiki.

too right, how can they get away with saying this:

"Silva is famous for his rare Cutlery collection, which he displays in Art Galleries around the world."
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:00 pm

bigmick wrote:Red I think Silva would be a flop in England. TBPH I wouldn't have Kenwyn Jones either. I thought he was a disgrace against us at Anfield, didn't break sweat. I tell you this, when they're talking about him being 13-14-15 million quid, and Roque Santa Cruz being 17 million quid, I'm all the more convinced that man City have got the absolute bargain of the Summer. Not with the ex Bayern player who has had one good season and will be injured for the rest of his career, no I mean with the ex Man Utd man for 25 million.

Santa Cruz has had one good season in five years. He was a great signing for Hughes at Blackburn and obviously made the club a big profit but there must be a lot of question marks about him after last season. McCarthy scored a lot of goals in his first season in the league but done nothing since.

It puts it into perspective when we only paid about £3m more for Torres.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm with Lynds here, I really want David Villa at this club, would love him to come here. It could be Silva but I still haven't seen a lot of him. Was hoping to see him at this COnfederatios cup thing but Riera seems to be keeping him out of the side. Or is it because Silva has fitness issues? Either way I do question how much of an inprovement he would be, although his versatility would be very handy indeed.

RVP is a great shout, wouldn't mind a fit and healthy Arjen Robben either. Cheeky bid for Arshavin?  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:12 pm

TBH at this stage ill be a happy man if we can hold on to Xabi and Mash
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Silva is a great playmaker but i think we need a striker that can always be in the box, like the old Rush or Owen at his best.

We have good playmakers in the team right now, but its if we can keep them.

I think we have around 30mil to spend, it might even be more.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:24 pm

If we have 30 mil spend that will get us Silva plus a striker as well - will agree we need that sort of striker your suggesting as opposed to Darren Bent ?!
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:48 pm

Sabre wrote:
red37 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Red I think Silva would be a flop in England. TBPH I wouldn't have Kenwyn Jones either.

I dont....and I would  :D

Same here (in the Silva front, I don't know the other player)

Luis Garcia and Fabregas aren't big fellas and if you knew them beforehand you wouldn't say they suit the "physical blah blah blah of the premier league".

The truth is that the foreign players ratio in this league is higher than ever, the truth is that Silva is a better player than Riera (who I also appreciate), and the truth is that other small Spaniards broke to pieces the prejudices. So I can't see why we shouldn't be bloody happy to get Silva.

Quality is quality, and Silva, Xavi and Iniesta would most probably triumph here, because they're small yes, but they're better than the fletchers, the andersons and the downings. It's simple really.

I'm sorry but I didn't realise that Lil Luis was a hit in the premiership, he had a few good games but oh my god how frustrating was he too watch sometimes?
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:49 pm

GYBS wrote:If we have 30 mil spend that will get us Silva plus a striker as well - will agree we need that sort of striker your suggesting as opposed to Darren Bent ?!

Erm do you really think we can get Silva plus a striker for £30 million, what kind of striker are you thinking of, someone to challenge N'Gog for worst striker ever perhaps?  :p
heimdall

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:06 pm

'Real Madrid have finally called off their pursuit of Valencia striker David Villa. Jorge Valdano has admitted the deal is "100 per cent dead". '  Eurosport.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Reg wrote:'Real Madrid have finally called off their pursuit of Valencia striker David Villa. Jorge Valdano has admitted the deal is "100 per cent dead". '  Eurosport.

I doubt it but we will see
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:14 pm

heimdall wrote:
Sabre wrote:
red37 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Red I think Silva would be a flop in England. TBPH I wouldn't have Kenwyn Jones either.

I dont....and I would  :D

Same here (in the Silva front, I don't know the other player)

Luis Garcia and Fabregas aren't big fellas and if you knew them beforehand you wouldn't say they suit the "physical blah blah blah of the premier league".

The truth is that the foreign players ratio in this league is higher than ever, the truth is that Silva is a better player than Riera (who I also appreciate), and the truth is that other small Spaniards broke to pieces the prejudices. So I can't see why we shouldn't be bloody happy to get Silva.

Quality is quality, and Silva, Xavi and Iniesta would most probably triumph here, because they're small yes, but they're better than the fletchers, the andersons and the downings. It's simple really.

I'm sorry but I didn't realise that Lil Luis was a hit in the premiership, he had a few good games but oh my god how frustrating was he too watch sometimes?

Still managed 13, 11 and 6 goals for us, respectively, in his three seasons at the club (the last most often as a substitute)--which is a good return for a midfielder who doesn't take freekicks nor penalties.  That, of course, doesn't take into account how very important indeed some of those goals were (and I'm not just talking about the infamous 'ghost goal').  Frustrating he may have been but I'd say he was a fairly productive and successful player in England.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Dundalk wrote:
Reg wrote:'Real Madrid have finally called off their pursuit of Valencia striker David Villa. Jorge Valdano has admitted the deal is "100 per cent dead". '  Eurosport.

I doubt it but we will see

Then he will surley go to Barcelona.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Well.. ont he question of who you'd like to see us sign...
in a perfect world i'd like us to be going for one of those ... in this order...

-Villa
-Van Persie
-Etoo
-Robben
-Aguero

If you asked about more realistic options, the list would have to be...

-Robben
-Silva
-Mancini
-Maxi
-Adriano
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Talent wise Adriano a yes - mental wise - wouldnt touch him with a barge pole - the guy has serious issues and problems
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion