We can sign one more player atleast

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:00 pm

To be honest if we do sign Silva then Rafa may not decide to even go for another striker as he can use Babel more or even Kuyt up front if needed.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:02 pm

For me hopefully it is David Silva - can offer a lot of creativity behind torres and alongside gerrard or in wide areas .

There is also Carzola who i thought was out injured for a long time who is now back player and can provide wide options both sides .

RVP would be a very very good addition but has spent the last three years keeping the physio company at arsenal .

Robben - very talented but suspect to injuries and just dont like the guy .

But who ever it is please let it be someone of high quality , an established young international

Pavluychenko would be good as a back up striker .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Silva for me to please Mr Benitez.

We could do with a back up centre half and a back up striker as well though. If Masch or Xabi goes we need cover there too, but obviously we would have 35-40 mill to play with.

Arbbeloa and Dossena will fetch 12 Million so if Rafa thinks we can buy 1 quality player without having to sell we can bag Silva and use the cash from the full backs for a back up or even a decent centre half.

If we sell Masch or Xabi we will have 40 mill for a centre half and a striker.

Luvly jubly!
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Silva for me as well. Dont see how his name merits an 'Oh god no....' at all.... still never mind. Probably wont happen anyway...

Quality lad though and one for the stubbornest of back lines to have a serious think over. Add in Johnson 'appearing' down their left flank - and i think there would be plenty of room vacated for all kinds of mayhem from our attackers.

Id also like to see K.Jones here. In a more direct sense, he would be very useful to have.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Red I think Silva would be a flop in England. TBPH I wouldn't have Kenwyn Jones either. I thought he was a disgrace against us at Anfield, didn't break sweat. I tell you this, when they're talking about him being 13-14-15 million quid, and Roque Santa Cruz being 17 million quid, I'm all the more convinced that man City have got the absolute bargain of the Summer. Not with the ex Bayern player who has had one good season and will be injured for the rest of his career, no I mean with the ex Man Utd man for 25 million.

If ever there was a signing which was a certainty it's this one. Like Dirk Kuyt wiht a top first touch and a tonne of ability, a certain success and IMHo the signing of the Summer.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:24 pm

bigmick wrote:Red I think Silva would be a flop in England. TBPH I wouldn't have Kenwyn Jones either.

I dont....and I would  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:27 pm

red37 wrote:Id also like to see K.Jones here. In a more direct sense, he would be very useful to have.

Nah, I think he's currently tied up with the Stereophonics.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:32 pm

I´ll be honest:  I have no idea.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:33 pm

red37 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Red I think Silva would be a flop in England. TBPH I wouldn't have Kenwyn Jones either.

i agree - proved himself on international stage and during CL - remember when he tore chelsea apart scoring a blinder from 30 odd yards .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:43 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:43 pm

How much would Silva cost? £20 + Million ? I dont see were we would get that money from unless we sold a big player which Id rather not sacrifice..

Still though, Silva in a Liverpool shirt would really make my day.
Fauxy

Postby red37 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:43 pm

stmichael wrote:
red37 wrote:Id also like to see K.Jones here. In a more direct sense, he would be very useful to have.

Nah, I think he's currently tied up with the Stereophonics.

Pi55 poor effort mate... :D

Mind you, there could be two of em then - in some kind of musical/footy hybrid BOGOF deal.........one panned hard left one right!

Coat  ???

I would though, im serious an all. He might have just had a stinker that day - the all get em. Even our nando.....of course he is a fair few notches down the peg compared to him - but he would be a solid backup/extra option to use. Wouldnt be TOO extortionate, price-wise either. (disc: relatively speaking) Top club/CL/better progression/quality teammates etc...I think it would be a great move for both parties. Anyway, who the f*ck else do we have as an alternative sriker....Babel/Ngog/Kuyt is who. None of em do the business at that end of the park consistently enough for me. Anyway Kuyt seems to have settled into the role he is (admittedly) fareing well at. So thats one less of a choice.

The viable question is still relevant: What happens when Torres is out?

For me we NEED a striker and preferrably a Creative forward as well. Throw in decent cover for Sami's departure and i think we are set.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:45 pm

bigmick wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
bigmick wrote:Oh good God no Lynds. I sincerely hope you are wrong.

Who do you think we will sign mick?

I really want Villa but I doubt we could afford him unfortunalty.

We have a plan,” added Benitez. “We can sign one more player if necessary, but that’s without any players leaving.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....3949351

I think we will sign three more players Lynds, not one. I think either Alonso or Masherano will leave, meaning we will get a hefty wedge and with it will sign a new midfielder as Lucas isn't good enough. I've no idea who that will be, as I think it will be from outside the Premiership.

We obviously also need a centre half, unless we are going to go with the crazy plan we went with two seasons ago where we only had three. That obviously backfired within about two weeks (footballs like that when you leave yourself short, the Keane fiasco proved it again this season) so i don't think we'll do it again. I don't know why, but I've a feeling we might sign Mathew Upson. If it was me I'd go for Micah Richards, but I've just got a feeling that we'll sign Upson.

Lastly, we obviously need a front player. My guess from hearing the rumours on here is that it will be Javier Saviola. From the couple of times I've seen him, I think he will flop in the Premiership. If it was me, I'd sign the top scorer outside the top four clubs in the Premiership last season. Darren Bent.

would like to see upson here, but Darren Bent?!?!?  Nooooooooooooo
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:46 pm

Full of tricks today eh  :p

Anyway, my missus reckons he looks like a 'Squashed Foreign Crouch' Which he kind of does in a way....

Top player for me despite our dodgy chances of landing him.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:46 pm

red37 wrote:

Same here (in the Silva front, I don't know the other player)

Luis Garcia and Fabregas aren't big fellas and if you knew them beforehand you wouldn't say they suit the "physical blah blah blah of the premier league".

The truth is that the foreign players ratio in this league is higher than ever, the truth is that Silva is a better player than Riera (who I also appreciate), and the truth is that other small Spaniards broke to pieces the prejudices. So I can't see why we shouldn't be bloody happy to get Silva.

Quality is quality, and Silva, Xavi and Iniesta would most probably triumph here, because they're small yes, but they're better than the fletchers, the andersons and the downings. It's simple really.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion