Use stevie to fund players - Liverpool barters.........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Nealie » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:16 am

Despite being continuously linked with Chelsea & Real, being frustrated for a number of years at less than shrewd purchases by Mr. Houllier (Cheyrou, Diao, Steptoe & son), you may remember particularly deflated, unconfident, somewhat "I'd rather be gardening" performances from the Anfield 11-14 this last season? During this period you may also remember each and every pundit/commentator/celebrity gardener stating that Mr. Steve had dragged them through, and to be honest, the only worthwhile reason for switching the microphone on.

I think you can already gauge my take on the matter, but let's be fair to the chap. There hasn't exactly been a media blackout on the salaries offered in London, where let's face it, the streets are paved with gold. Bear in mind that he only had Rafa's word for it that things would get better, and in terms of league performance they haven't. Bear in mind he has recently watched the messy end of a birth, and might have an inkling that he has some say in the child's future. Consider that the Real (excuse the pun) player that he connected with on the pitch wanted to go and compete with two of the best on the planet.

If paying Steve's (and his agent's) salary amounts to not paying Kewell, then let's pack Harry off to Bolton or the next Big Brother, as Steve's heart really IS in Liverpool, his huge performances really HAVE been in a Liverpool shirt, and he really DOES have a scouse accent. Harry, in contrast, has a poorly second cousin once removed in Halifax, who admittedly owes him a tenner, which is distraction enough.

Come on, when presented on MOTD (prime time FA Cup flavour!) with a series of optional transfer venues by Mr. Lineker (put your pride away Harry), did he not show the source of his passion by stating "Well, Man. United might be out of the question" (unlike the big eared, great volley scoring, referee abusing, granny shagging illiterate chap from across Stanley Park)?

Yeah, his loyalty may have faltered, his ideologies may have wavered, but I like the guy, and I'm convinced that he contributes 100% every minute that he wears a Red's shirt. It can't be easy when there are 10 other blokes on your side who are wishing they hadn't had so much chilli sauce on their kebab the night before, or when a certain Portuguese chap has two of his fingers up your anus.

This prodigy of ours needs your support and encouragement. Negative feedback from the club he loves (of which we are all a part) will only serve to send him packing. How many of us really want that? Please join me in giving it to him, whatever his decision.

Nealie Wonderbra (TV Superstar)

PS: If the Houllier comments above offend anyone, take a reality check. Being the orchestrator of such a silverware haul makes the guy a Legend in my eyes... unlike, ermmmm, Mr. Souness.
Nealie

Postby Nealie » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:24 am

Oh my God, sorry, I've stumbled into the El_Stinger vs Newbie (not really a newbie) bitchslap/gladiators/I wanna sleep with Craig off Big Brother slagging competition.

Profuse apologies, I shall leave you in peace to see who can make the most realistic wolf noise.
Nealie

Postby Nealie » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:29 am

Ahh, and whilst we're talking about posts, this is my third, which qualifies me for no opinion whatsoever, but I can tell you for sure that the Anfield "scouse pie" in 1973 was sh*t. Ask any Sheffield Wednesday fan.
Nealie

Postby Garymac » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:29 am

Nealie, take no notice of that minor spat lad the forums there for you to post on and the topic, suprisingly, isnt about el stinger, its about gerrard mate
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Nealie » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:38 am

Garymac, wise words and appreciated.

My comments were fired with a certain amount of sarcasm (and before anyone says it, yes I am of low wit).

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum, and reminding people how bad the Scouse Pie really used to be!!

Sorry, no vomiting emoticon on offer!
Nealie

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:36 am

Garymac wrote:
el_stinger wrote:
Garymac wrote:Is the person who started this thread havin a fookin laugh, use stevie to buy 3 or 4 average players, give us a break, didnt you watch the european cup final, if Gerrard wasnt world class or the most important player we have or the biggest signing we have to make this summer, then we would all be talkin about what might have been, that night proved he is world class, to any doubters hes had, ok he had an off season ok his head wasnt were it should be at times but you try tellin me that at 3 nil down he didnt believe we could win the european cup, He believed we could win the hard job was convincing 10 other players that it could be done and the fact rafa convinced, Gerrard and Gerrard convinced the other players, tells me that Rafa and Gerrard must remain as one for the good of this club.......Sellin Gerrard, dont make me laugh, its not an option, he must stay, simple as.

P.S what scares me is as a center midfielder he hasnt peaked, if he was to hit his peak elsewhere, it would knock me sick.

Newbie: before you attack my thread and put words into my mouth, READ!

Where does it say that I don't think Gerrard is worldclass.

READ.
Doesn't it not say that Liverpool are toying with the idea that the want to barter Stevie to fund bringing in other players to increase its stock?
READ

If you look at it, my view is that in the final at Istanbul, if you forward the match to the second half (Im sure most of us do anyway, lol) particularly the 50.05 minute mark, you will notice something that will make you think, now THATS leadership.

Newbie, I give you credit for trying to make cheek, especially trying to put words into my mouth, I do ask of you one thing, and that is...

READ before you post, otherwise you look like a newbie fool. But i give you the benefit of the doubt, just this once.

Stinger for your info lad im not a newbie ive been on this forum longer than u but ive just got a new computer and internet so ive got a new log in, so dont be throwing that newbie bullsh!t at me, you posted a thread and i made my personal opionion on it, my opinion is different to yours but at no time am i trying to put words into your mouth.....And if you look on th last few pages you will see why i wrote what i did. Sometimes people are jokes on this forum and they expect everyone to agree and get along, but thats the whole point of a forum to have a debate, you dont have to write a fuc*in article everytime someone doesnt agree with every word you say........You will give me the benefit of the doubt, behave lad!

Well said Mr G Mac  :bowdown
76-1115222408

Postby 65-1114725958 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:54 am

I'm just sick of the fans and posters on this forum who think Steven gerrard Walks on air as if he is god! As though you all want to stick your tongues stright down the back of his trousers!

Please I'm gonna be sick!

Stevie G , leaving Anfield, if he does, will be HIS OWN CHOICE, and nobody elses. Parry says he wants Stevie to stay, as long as he wants to, and RAFA too, so its down to him!

Just like Michael Owen, he left for his own gain, never gave RAFA a chance, and he missed out on a nice shiny European cup medal, the traitor.

If Stevie left now, no problem at all, we'll just play Alonso and hamann centre midfield. Not that much would change, and we'll probably win the league, and treble!

Even as a Liverpool fan, i don't really rate stevie that much, ok he is inspirational, he loves Liverpool fans, and they love him, but when it comes to the crunch, you have to say 3 key points  come to mind about him, and Liverpool FC:

1:  Far more inspirational and greater players have played for the club and left......Dalgish, Souness, Keegan, Beardo, Aldo, Rush, Whelan, Smith, Barnes, Kennedy.......do you want me to go on? ???

2: Stevie Bottles it in the big games for England and LFC.
Our euro victory was'nt just down to him, Against Juve and chelsea he was non-existent, not bossing the midfield he bottle it against lampard!! Although he did well to score in the final, he isn't yet the complete article! and when he plays bad, his head goes down! its ok putting on a show versus fulham etc, darting runs and through balls, but who the feck are they?
not much of an inpsiration then!

3. Same thing as the michael Owen scenario, Owen wanted out, and it back-fired on him. Stevie G, if he left would be turning his back on LFC for greed rather than what the game is all about, and (not that i think he will leave) ,but if he did leave, he should be booed upon return for traitor like showmanship! Like Owen

Summary: he's Overated, One dimensional and over the past two season has come on TV sulking saying he was thinking about leaving! Boo Hoo! I coulnd't give a monkey's, if he wants to go, let him go! there are plenty of players to take over straight off. no player who doesnt want die for LFC, for the club, should even consider staying anyway.
65-1114725958

Postby BringBackTiti » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:57 am

Well at least this little disagreement has made interesting reading cos we have had nothing else to talk about for the last few days! Gary Mac I still cant believe you wore a Inter Milan top to the Chelsea game haha.
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:20 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:I'm just sick of the fans and posters on this forum who think Steven gerrard Walks on air as if he is god! As though you all want to stick your tongues stright down the back of his trousers!

Stevie G , leaving Anfield, if he does, will be HIS OWN CHOICE, and nobody elses. Parry says he wants Stevie to stay, as long as he wants to, and RAFA too, so its down to him!

Just like Michael Owen, he left for his own gain, never gave RAFA a chance, and he missed out on a nice shiny European cup medal, the traitor.

If Stevie left now, no problem at all, we'll just play Alonso and hamann centre midfield. Not that much would change, and we'll probably win the league, and treble!

Even as a Liverpool fan, i don't really rate stevie that much, ok he is inspirational, he loves Liverpool fans, and they love him, but when it comes to the crunch, you have to say 3 key points  come to mind about him, and Liverpool FC:

1:  Far more inspirational and greater players have played for the club and left......Dalgish, Souness, Keegan, Beardo, Aldo, Rush, Whelan, Smith, Barnes, Kennedy.......do you want me to go on? ???

Our euro victory was'nt just down to him, Against Juve and chelsea he was non-existent, not bossing the midfield he bottle it against lampard!! Although he did well to score in the final, he isn't yet the complete article! and when he plays bad, his head goes down! its ok putting on a show versus fulham etc, darting runs and through balls, but who the feck are they?

3. Same thing as the michael Owen scenario, Owen wanted out, and it back-fired on him. Stevie G, if he left would be turning his back on LFC for greed rather than what the game is all about, and (not that i think he will leave) ,but if he did leave, he should be booed upon return for traitor like showmanship! Like Owen

Summary: he's Overated, One dimensional and over the past two season has come on TV sulking saying he was thinking about leaving! Boo Hoo! I coulnd't give a monkey's, if he wants to go, let him go! there are plenty of players to take over straight off. no player who doesnt want die for LFC, for the club, should even consider staying anyway.

hahaha id like to see what you write about are bad players, go on compare Kewell to Gerrard for me and why your at it let me know who you support, Its makes me sick to here people complain when Kewell gets stick from his own supporters, but are more than happy to give stevie stick cos the lad has ambition, which he can hopefully forfill at us. If he was to leave, you would soon realise how much people like you take him for granted......oh and what did u make of his one diminisional goals against, Man U, milan, Boro, the 2 in the Carling cup semis and the one against olyimpiakos
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Nealie » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:39 am

Did Stevie G just rack up his highest scoring season for the Reds, or did I make that up?
Nealie

Postby BringBackTiti » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:54 am

15 in all comps he got last year
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:45 pm

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:I'm just sick of the fans and posters on this forum who think Steven gerrard Walks on air as if he is god! As though you all want to stick your tongues stright down the back of his trousers!

How can you say that he bottles it in big games didnt you watch the cup final or the derby 15 goals from the midfeild if all of the midfielders got that many we would :censored: the league!

are you sure your not a Blue Nose ???
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion