Use stevie to fund players - Liverpool barters.........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:52 pm

Garymac wrote:Sellin Gerrard, dont make me laugh, its not an option, he must stay, simple as.

What just like selling OWEN wasnt an option (at the time), and when he didnt sign a new contract WE got screwed for just 8Million.

Dont make ME laugh mate, HE MUST stay, says who???  It is a different age now, and people need to get to the realisation that things like 'he must' and 'selling isnt an option' dont mean s.hit, I am sorry but the fact of the matter IS selling IS an option, if he doesnt sign before the start of the season.

Too many people wearing red tinted glasses, but then again if you are happy for Gerrard to go for 15Mill when there is only a year left on his contract, actually WHY not let him go for free seen as 'selling isnt an option'.

Please use your head as opposed to your heart!!!

As for the argument about Stevie G's passing, it is true he does go for the killer ball too often, which leads to loss of possesion, the Million Dollar passes DONT come off as often as people would like to beleive.
Somebody (cant remeber who soz!) earlier in the thread said that we all love the killer ball when it comes off - that is fair enough, but personally I DONT LIKE how often he gives away possesion in this fashion, it ends our move and gives the chance for the oppo to begin theirs.
He would do well to look at Xabi Alonso's decision making when it comes to passing. IMHO Xabi is NOW the key for Liverpool, as his passes set the pace and tempo of the game, just watch the way he sometimes quickens the game when it is slow, and slows it down when it is being pinged around.
Stevie ALWAYS tends to try and keep the game going at an up-tempo, sometimes this is not needed.

But with time, will come more maturity, and hopefully he will only attempt that killer ball when the time is right.

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby Garymac » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:07 pm

Agree Alonso is different class, but if Gerrard wasnt there who would have got us going in Istanbul.....Also you tell me to use my head instead of my heart, i didnt hear many people saynig they hoped Gerrard used his head instead of his heart last year otherwise he would have been playing for Chelsea, i agree selling Gerrard is only an option if no contract is agreed, but by the sounds of some people if it was a toss up between Gerrard signing or 35 million, some LFC supporters seem willing to take the money.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:14 pm

banana wrote:Gerrard is a good player, but he can have a negative effect on the team. that is why we have earned more points without him. His passing may look impressive, but sometimes it is better and more deadly to play it easy and use brains instead of hitting those powerful 50 yard passes. If Gerrard doesn't sign a new contract, then he must be sold. And there are a handful of players just as good as him out there. Hleb and Riquelme for instance.

Right so now you're comparing Hleb (who is a right sided midfielder) and Riquelme (an out and out attacking midfielder) with Gerrard? Are you seriously trying to tell me that you'd swap him for either of these?

Why on earth do people 'not care' if he leaves. The guy has been an awesome player since he his first appearance. We can spend as much money as we like, but we will never directly replace him. We need to buy more players and when we finally have enough top class players, we can then decide on if we want to let any players go.

The club must look at the possibility of selling him, they would be foolish not to. However, that would take about 5 minutes and then they would look further ahead on who is going to come in and play with him.

If we got 30 million for him, I bet that whoever we bought to replace him would cost around 15 million and almost a further 15 million on wages, so whats the point on gambling on another player?

Come on Liverpool just call a press conference!  :sniffle
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby BringBackTiti » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:18 pm

Stevie is one of those players who bring you moments that you can tell your kids about when your older, the way our dads do now about souness dalglish keegan you cant put a price on that look at the champs league games this season the final olympiakos not to mention juve and chelsea the lad is priceless!!!
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:25 pm

Thats a fair point , Gerrard however doesn't ALWAYS go for the "Hollywood" pass/shot as the tone of your response seems to infer .However, when those Hollywood passes /shots come off ,who amongst us is not leaping up and down with joy and appreciation?

Agree that Gerrard still has much to learn but lets not forget the fella hasn't reached his peak yet ,two or three seasons from now with added experience and maturity Stevie G could be the template for the "complete footballer"

I hope that Gerrard becomes a complete footballer with us but sooner or later somebody is going to make an offer we can't refuse. Jamie Carragher said that there is no bigger club than Liverpool,  he's fully committed to this club. I'm hoping Gerrard can do the same as JC.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:26 pm

Garymac wrote:Also you tell me to use my head instead of my heart, i didnt hear many people saynig they hoped Gerrard used his head instead of his heart last year otherwise he would have been playing for Chelsea.

That is fair comment -IF you think you are as important to Liverpool as Stevie G is!!!
There is a big difference between me saying that to you and it being said to SG.

SG would/did/is(currently!) making LIFE changing decisions, so he has to use both his head AND heart to come to the right decision.

I say it to you in relation to your comments on a Forum, two very different things in my opinion.

Just cause WE want something, doesnt mean it is gonna happen, people just need to keep this in mind thats all i am saying, it is like people think that if you dont say for example 'We must keep Gerrard' etc etc; then we are not REAL fans (not you btw, but i have seen this b4 on the forums), that is just plain stupid, so if i blindly beleive WE ARE THE BEST TEAM IN EUROPE(which we are NOT!! We are Euro Champs YES, but NOT the best team in Europe!!) it makes me more of a 'real' fan......B.*ll*c*ks !!! sorry but it is

As i said before, the game is different now and when you think about football then you MUST take these changing times into account, if you dont then YOU will feel it more than if you were prepared for it!!!  An example being I STILL bl.oody see people pining for Michael Owen, you know why that is??
Its because they REALLY beleived him when he said he was going to sign a new contract.
76-1115222408

Postby Garymac » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:28 pm

stmichael wrote:
banana wrote:Gerrard is a good player, but he can have a negative effect on the team. that is why we have earned more points without him. His passing may look impressive, but sometimes it is better and more deadly to play it easy and use brains instead of hitting those powerful 50 yard passes. If Gerrard doesn't sign a new contract, then he must be sold. And there are a handful of players just as good as him out there. Hleb and Riquelme for instance.

Right so now you're comparing Hleb (who is a right sided midfielder) and Riquelme (an out and out attacking midfielder) with Gerrard? Are you seriously trying to tell me that you'd swap him for either of these?

Why on earth do people 'not care' if he leaves. The guy has been an awesome player since he his first appearance. We can spend as much money as we like, but we will never directly replace him. We need to buy more players and when we finally have enough top class players, we can then decide on if we want to let any players go.

The club must look at the possibility of selling him, they would be foolish not to. However, that would take about 5 minutes and then they would look further ahead on who is going to come in and play with him.

If we got 30 million for him, I bet that whoever we bought to replace him would cost around 15 million and almost a further 15 million on wages, so whats the point on gambling on another player?

Come on Liverpool just call a press conference!  :sniffle

Cheers St Mike, Glad to know that someone else is not caught up in this "well if we lose gerrard it wouldnt be that bad" Saga. It would be bad end of and we must do all we can to make sure he stays, if he wants to leave its a different matter and we can have a thread on that if the situation arises, but for now he is a red and always will be until i here different.....I support LFC with my heart, my head dont come into it, it may sound rubbish at times and it may sound like i talk sh!te at times but thats what happens when u speak from ye heart, i havent got time to look at the logical aspects of sellin him and how we could sell him and use the money, thats all bullsh!t to me, i want Gerrard to stay and thats my honest opinion, i couldnt bare seeing him succeed at another club, why should i want to, i want him to play for LFC and win things for LFC, and if its not liverpool then its no one IMO. Thats just my way of thinking though some people shoot from the heart and some from there brain and my brain is fu*kin useless so im stickin with me heart!.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:28 pm

BringBackTiti wrote:Stevie is one of those players who bring you moments that you can tell your kids about when your older, the way our dads do now about souness dalglish keegan you cant put a price on that look at the champs league games this season the final olympiakos not to mention juve and chelsea the lad is priceless!!!

Yea but so is DJIMI TRAORE !!!!!    :p

GOAL AGAINST BURNLEY 

Who will forget that eh? ???:laugh:
76-1115222408

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:32 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:As for the argument about Stevie G's passing, it is true he does go for the killer ball too often, which leads to loss of possesion,

personally I DONT LIKE how often he gives away possesion in this fashion, it ends our move and gives the chance for the oppo to begin theirs.

He would do well to look at Xabi Alonso's decision making when it comes to passing.

Fu'ck it ! if we followed your perception of Gerrard we'd get rid of the waster straight away . Yeah lets sell the tw'at and buy someone who will always play the safe simple ball that way we'll never lose possesion . If only Gerrard could pass the ball around as well as his team mates do . Who needs his drive or the goals he's scored ? after all we've got Alonso . Xabi's pass completion is 100% and every one opens up the oppositions defence AND we shouldn't forget about Xabi's defensive qualities and the ferocious tackles he puts in week after week . 
:p

After digesting your assesment of Gerrard I'm convinced we should at least advise the England mgr about his failings and we should get rid of him quick before Madrid or Chelsea  read your post and realise what a bag of shi'te he is.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Garymac » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:34 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:[That is fair comment -IF you think you are as important to Liverpool as Stevie G is!!!
There is a big difference between me saying that to you and it being said to SG.

Good point but who is it they say are the most important things to a football club......THE FANS! Remember we can live without any player but we cant live without fans, think about if Gerrard didnt turn up for the reds or the supporters didnt turn up to watch the reds, who would they miss most???

Oh and im not as important as Gerrard thats the answer to your question!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:54 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:As for the argument about Stevie G's passing, it is true he does go for the killer ball too often, which leads to loss of possesion,

personally I DONT LIKE how often he gives away possesion in this fashion, it ends our move and gives the chance for the oppo to begin theirs.

He would do well to look at Xabi Alonso's decision making when it comes to passing.

Fu'ck it ! if we followed your perception of Gerrard we'd get rid of the waster straight away . Yeah lets sell the tw'at and buy someone who will always play the safe simple ball that way we'll never lose possesion . If only Gerrard could pass the ball around as well as his team mates do . Who needs his drive or the goals he's scored ? after all we've got Alonso . Xabi's pass completion is 100% and every one opens up the oppositions defence AND we shouldn't forget about Xabi's defensive qualities and the ferocious tackles he puts in week after week . 
:p

After digesting your assesment of Gerrard I'm convinced we should at least advise the England mgr about his failings and we should get rid of him quick before Madrid or Chelsea  read your post and realise what a bag of shi'te he is.

Calm down mate  :p

If you read my post on page 1 (i think?), you will see that i say WE must TRY and keep him, but with the way things are going it just seems to me that selling IS an OPTION, unless, as i said before, you want to see him go for pittance (in relation to his real worth) or even worse for free!!!!

So  are we not allowed to question his ability???

Can you honestly say he was BETTER than Lampard this season??

I didnt say we dont need his goals, drive, tackling abilities and everything he brings to the team, i am just saying that he doesnt ALWAYS have to go for the Million Dollar pass (i know that phrase from my teams manager, as its what i tend to do too  :blush: )

But if people here really beleive that SG is flawless, then that is just misguided nonsense. He is better than the majority of players (in his position) in the world, but that doesnt mean he doesnt have flaws or that he cant get better!!

If you are happy with his current ability AS IT IS, then fair enough, but I think he has more in his locker and he needs to continue to improve, especially in the consistency department. He was consistent for ONE whole season - '03-'04
, but none before and none since(only one season I know).

So just to get this straight, I WANT SG TO STAY and lift the Prem League and another Euro Cup and whatever else he can win with us, BUT if this 'its in Liverpools court now' b.*ll*c*ks continues then, we must CONSIDER i repeat CONSIDER selling him.

Its not always about ability you know, i mean why doesnt he just come out and say stuff like Carragher like 'Liverpool are the biggest club in the world' Is it because he is CONSIDERING his options....WHO KNOWS, all I know is I am PREPARED for him to go, because it is becoming farcical (sp?) now. If he wants to stay, stop the b.ullshit and come and make one DEFINITIVE statement, none of this read between the lines s.hit.

As i say, if you are happy with his current ability and dont feel he can improve, and that HE must stay even if the contract saga continues, then thats up to you, but i dont wanna hear (sorry...read) you complaining he left for so little money etc;
76-1115222408

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:59 pm

Garymac wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:[That is fair comment -IF you think you are as important to Liverpool as Stevie G is!!!

Remember we can live without any player but we cant live without fans

Yea you are right, but good to see you used your HEAD, when replying there mate  :D   :p

But i have to say, that your comment sort of invalidates all that you said before doesnt it???

I say that because as it says above 'We can live without ANY player'..so that includes SG yes? ???
76-1115222408

Postby Garymac » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:30 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
Garymac wrote:

Yea you are right, but good to see you used your HEAD, when replying there mate  :D   :p

But i have to say, that your comment sort of invalidates all that you said before doesnt it???

I say that because as it says above 'We can live without ANY player'..so that includes SG yes? ???

haha as i was writing that i was thinking "is he gonna get onto that im contradicting me own post here" and you did u fecker!!! youre a genius you even got me using me head before i post!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:42 pm

Do you know what i havent even read this topic cause the title really gets on my f@ckin nerves :veryangry
You dont sell your best players no matter what, :angry: and you dont :censored: sell them to buy other players, we should be buying 20 pound million players not :censored: selling them, how are we supposed to compete with the top 3 buying bargain basement sales I ask ya? We are not everton we want the best players at Liverpool and he is one of the best midfielders in europe.
End of story, f@ckin pathetic topic. :veryangry
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:19 pm

Garymac wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
Garymac wrote:

haha as i was writing that i was thinking "is he gonna get onto that im contradicting me own post here" and you did u fecker!!! youre a genius you even got me using me head before i post!!

haha u joker !!!!  :D
76-1115222408

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion