A penny saved is a penny earned - This should fund new players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pool Boy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:55 pm

Does anyone have a rough estimate as to how much wages were paying all the guys who have left. On a rough guess if each player was earning £30,000 a week on average, and there has been a departure of roughly 6 players net of new players, this means the wage bill is now reduced by roughly £180,000 a week....This will pay for Josemi by about the end of October, and pay for Nunez by Christmas. My point is that this should free up a significant amount of cash over the course of one season to allow more new purchases. I know that when we sign the new players it somewhat reduces this effect but if the squad is smaller, leaner and not earning huge money for doing nothing(eg EHD) it should mean the club can still buy players within the tight financial constraints they find themselves in.
Pool Boy

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:59 pm

all i know that we're are still paying roughly £80,000 a week to the players we have shipped out on loan. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:00 pm

that is the ****** thing about loans.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:02 pm

i don't want to bark over old ground but it comes down to houllier buying overpriced players on absurd wages. add this to the 2m pay off to houllier, 500k to thommo, the 2.5m a year hiring of benitez and our finances aren't exactly running as smoothly as we would like to think.

oh yeah and we've got to find the small matter of 120m for a new stadium. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Gareth G » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:23 pm

Hmmm, doesn't the team the player is loaned to pay his wages?

Why our we turning down cash injections from Morgan? I don't understand, its for the good of the club and its good hard earned money.

Oh, and while our stadium is being built, can we still play at Anfield?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:23 pm

Boys, what you on about, there are :

32,500 season tickets, paid for in the last month or so meaning 32500 X £500 = £16,250,000 lump sum

each game averages 41,000 meaning 8500 X £30 = £255,000 every other week

Champions league entry = £10,000,000

Merchandise = £ lots and lots

Make no mistake, footballers cost a fair few quid, but fans contibute plenty, and the club not run at a loss like Leeds etc...
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:29 pm

If you hire a secretary who later admits that she cannot type, you can sack her, it should be the same with footballers. Sack those Diouf as he can't play. take the loss but save £2m a year in wages. Or break his legs and claim the insurance money.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiunn » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:30 pm

i know i m gonna get bashed by some here but i really feel sorry for EHDiouf for getting all the sticks...IMO..he is an unpolished diamond!
chiunn

Postby Big Niall » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:30 pm

"those Diouf" is there as I was going to say "those Senegal boys" but decided breaking both players legs would be a bit harsh.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:31 pm

chiunn wrote:i know i m gonna get bashed by some here but i really feel sorry for EHDiouf for getting all the sticks...IMO..he is an unpolished diamond!

well everyone's entitled to their opinion.

however when he spat at that celtic fan that should have spelt the end of his liverpool career imo. we don't want those sort of players at our great club. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:36 pm

My Prediction:

Diouf has a great season on loan at Bolton, scoring 15 goals and then comes back to Anfield for the following season.

Laugh if you must, but remember my words.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:40 pm

stmichael wrote:
chiunn wrote:i know i m gonna get bashed by some here but i really feel sorry for EHDiouf for getting all the sticks...IMO..he is an unpolished diamond!

well everyone's entitled to their opinion.

however when he spat at that celtic fan that should have spelt the end of his liverpool career imo. we don't want those sort of players at our great club. :angry:

Mikey,

i agree with your sentiments......................to a point.

The fact that he spat at a celtic fan is just an excuse to 'hate' the guy.

Would you have felt the same, if he had scored 30 goals for  us that season ? ??? .............................Be honest!
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:45 pm

maximus wrote:Mikey,

Would you have felt the same, if he had scored 30 goals for  us that season ? ??? .............................Be honest!

it wasn't just that incident. the guy's whole attitude stinks. last season didn't score a goal and picked up 10 yellow cards and 1 red. that's alan smith standard.

if diouf ever scored 30 goals in a season i would streak through liverpool city centre. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:49 pm

I thought Alan Smith's  standard was 10 red and 1 case of GBH :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:51 pm

stmichael wrote:
maximus wrote:Mikey,

it wasn't just that incident. the guy's whole attitude stinks. last season didn't score a goal and picked up 10 yellow cards and 1 red. that's alan smith standard.

if diouf ever scored 30 goals in a season i would streak through liverpool city centre. :D

There is more to Dioufs departure from LFC than meets the eye. I think the guy took to adapting to the Liverpool way as well as any foreign important, certainly at the beginning. If you have an e-season ticket on lfc.tv, take a look at 'Dioufys A - Z of scouse', it is embarassingly hilarious!!!
maximus
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion