Traore

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:11 pm

I thought Traore was below average today. He's a descent player in the air and is willing to fight for the ball but against a ****** poor side he gave the ball away too many times. This is not the player you want to see starting against the likes of Chelsea and I hope that he continues to improve.

I hope he enjoyed today because he wouldn't had started had Kewell and Mellor been fit for today's game.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:50 am

hmmm.... ur gay!!

lol, only messin lid!!

Nar seriously, i'd agree. Don't mind him as a centre half, quite like him there infact and he's done well in a couple of games at left back but if we're honest he should never be first choice as a left back at least. In fairness he only gets played full back because he's pacey and left footed.

I don't think he's great but he's decent enough and honest enough, i'd definately keep him for now at least.
115-1073096938

Postby Woollyback » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:01 am

If anything I think Traore's had a bit of a dip in form lately, he seemed to have come of age under Rafa but has looked a bit dodgy the last coupe of weeks. I don't honestly think he'll be in the club's long term plans but for now he's a decent player. Takles back very well but so would I if my legs were 19ft long    :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:08 am

The Jury according to "Dalglish" is still out on Traore. He's been OK this season , nothing more. When fans are pleased when a player rises above a mediocre standard (Traore's form last season) to an acceptable one it's IMO a bit sad.

When Traore has been moved to left Midfiled as he was against Villa recently he has been found wanting and for me he stil isn't good enough at this time.........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:10 am

Along with Diao he remains our worst player.

He just doesnt have the skills or the football brain to play football at this level.

Compare him to Ashley Cole. We're not going to challenege for titles unless our fullbacks are comparable to the teams we're chasing.

And I prefer Riise in midfield.
tel

Postby scat man » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:34 pm

traore is ******! :p
scat man

Postby cheesecrackernuts » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:41 pm

he's still been in a long queue to become the next Thuram. be patient
cheesecrackernuts

Postby scat man » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:44 pm

cheesecrackernuts wrote:he's still been in a long queue to become the next Thuram. be patient

pmsl :D
scat man

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:51 pm

i feel a bit sorry for him. he is trying his best on the left flank but it is obvious he is a natural centre half.
this is a concept houllier especially couldnt grasp, he would play players anywhere but in reality the attributes of a wide midfielder are a million miles away from those of a centre half.
what type of centre half would robben or giggs make?
how about luis garcia as a defensive ariel kingpin like sammi?
playing players in their correct position is a concept called BALANCE and it used to amaze me to see the likes of diao and murphy playing the flanks.
if your side has balance you are half way there to a decent side. the blackburn title winning side wasnt filled with stars but the likes of ripley and wilcox gave the side a natural width to batty and sherwood.
djimi is not a left back or left sided midfielder, but i think he has the makings of a decent centre half.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:59 am

Come on guys I think your being a little hash on the lad, his has improved a lot under Rafa :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:42 am

Yes improved but he hasn't improved enough to start regularly. He gives away the ball way too much and his passing skills are below average.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Alanay » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:13 am

Feel sorry for him. But, I don't think he's up to the standard. He gave away the ball too easily. I don't think he suits the left back position. I hardly can think of any better position for him, except in the reserve side!
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:49 am

I think Traore is the type of player that only knows how to defend but not good on passing. He gave away the ball without pressure far too often (not just today). But I think once he really feel comfortable at his position, his passing should improve. Although there is room for improvement but its not the main concern for the club at the moment. I think we are lucky to have several players who can play at different positions. Traore should be a good sqaud player.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:57 pm

its not so long ago all the people sitting around me would be on their feet screaming at jamie carragher about his distribution, which was, lets face it, awful when he played left back.
horses for courses

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:56 pm

That is why i think rafa should make traore understudy hyppia. He is left-footed, great in tackles and has pace. He could be our kolo toure.

But i think we might have to stick with traore at left back for a few weeks at least. Heard kewell is due to go for a op....  :angry: . I am trying to find the link to that story. Will post it soon.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion