Traore - Should he go?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:33 am

LEMME STAY!

Should he stay?

"People will have seen me play against Bolton and now think that I must be staying but I honestly don't know what is happening

The manager has told me he wants me to stay but of course I want to be playing first team football, that is the important thing for me

It was a surprise to be included against Bolton. After getting injured in America I only returned to full training last Tuesday and I haven't played in any pre-season games

It was unfortunate that I came on at the expense of Sami who was injured and it was not an easy game. We had a couple of new faces in the team and it was disappointing to lose again after the midweek defeat in the Champions League. We can do better and it only the beginning of the season so hopefully we can bounce back"
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:36 am

Well considering we are thin on the ground for CDs and January transfer window is long way away in football terms. If there is nobody coming in then i dont really think we should be letting him go
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:43 am

I'm undecided, I wouldn't say he was as bad as Titus Bramble though :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:21 am

He is even worse than Kevin Beattie :D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:49 am

On the Skysports website it says this:

Unsettled defender Djimi Traore has issued a warning to manager Rafa Benitez that he is only happy staying at Liverpool on the proviso he secures first-team football.

The French stopper is currently down the pecking order at Anfield, but was given an extended run out against Bolton at the weekend due to an injury to Sami Hyypia.

The 24-year-old was tipped to join fellow Merseysiders Everton before the transfer deadline, however Benitez now wants the defender to remain with The Reds.

However, Traore could still be weighing up his options and may opt to play his football away from Liverpool rather than warming the bench for the club.

"The manager has told me he wants me to stay, but I want to be playing first-team football," explained Traore.

"That is an important issue for me."

As if he can go mouthing off about leaving, only good players can state a first team place!! :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:38 am

he cant stay he simply cant, although he is a decent tackler of the ball his balance and ball skills are appaling, personally i think we should get rid as soon as possible.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Shanti » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:28 am

is a decent tackler of the ball his balance and ball skills are appaling?

funny! :D
LOVE
SHANTI WULANSARI
Shanti

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:32 am

If we didn't sign a new centre back today then Traore should stay. I hate to say it!!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Shanti » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:50 am

agreed stan,
rafa gave sign that he will saty bcause we didn't have money to but players and we need someone to be put as a reserve.
LOVE
SHANTI WULANSARI
Shanti

Postby JBG » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:57 pm

Troare had a decent game against Bolton (aside from his slip in Bolton's box for the corner in the second half  :D  ) but I have my suspicions about his concentration and ability to read the game.

Physically he has come on miles and he is not as bad as some make out.

I'm not a huge fan though, but obviously Benitez sees something in him as he wants Troare to stay.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:00 pm

I wish Bambi all the best should he decide to jump ship and pop over to Jurassic Park to play for the toffee people.

I wish we have no more injuries to our centre halfs if he decides to stay.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby soworse » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:42 pm

djimi.. the first person i'd offer to other clubs when i manage liverpool in CM heh

to be fair he had a rather solid game against bolton... but my gripe is his consistency (or total lack of it there of), especially his lapses in concentration.

honestly, i'd rather chuck dear ol' diao or biscan in the middle of the back 4 as cover :p let him go, get some $$ hehe

but anyway, who ARE our recognised CBs? Hyypia, Henchoz, Carra and?
"I have said all along that we need time to improve as a team and it will probably be three or four months before we are playing at the level I want."- Benitez 29/08/04.
soworse

Postby Shanti » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:25 am

I always be worried everytime he's on the ball. Anybody knows his passing stats? I bet you, not less than a half of his passings were failed.
LOVE
SHANTI WULANSARI
Shanti

Postby laza » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:28 am

soworse wrote:but anyway, who ARE our recognised CBs? Hyypia, Henchoz, Carra and?

While Carra is currently do a fairly solid job at the moment im not sure you can say he is a recognised CB
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:07 pm

still here....
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion