Traore

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:00 am

I have been impressed with Traore against Fulham and last night, he is moving more off the ball and his passing is a lot better than revious seasons, I think that Rafa has had a word with him and boosted his confidence, especially the way Everton wanted to buy him and Rafa said no.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is I hope that he can build on this form and do great things for LFC.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:26 am

I've slagged him as much as anybody but whisper it quietly, he is starting to resemble a footballer on the odd occasion. I too thought he did OK at Fulham and last night. I'd probably still take Everton's 1.5 mill but at this stage won't be overly gutted if they don't come back in for him. Having said all that, he's still got a way to go to be up to the standard of a first team regular.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:39 am

I dunno make his passing and moving was good last night, he has always been a good tackler cos of those long legs but has never been able to pass the ball ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:41 am

I think he has improved, and the fact that Risse was repleced last night, and not Riise to left back and Traore off speaks volumes in my book.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:40 am

Agreed :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:41 am

I thought he played well and its good that JAR now has some competetion
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:53 pm

he has improved but his first touch is still abysmal and his passing is not good either, but he is good at tackles and interceptions and adds some pace to the back four. In my opinion he will never be good enough to be a first team regular as he lacks the technique to play the way rafa wants us to
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:00 pm

im surprised he wasnt getting nosebleeds, but its good to see him playing decent attacking balls and moving around alot more. It will give the left winger more confdence and that has to be good for everyone.

nice work djimi
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:32 pm

Yes I agree that Traore looks like hes found some form. Im glad for him as he does seem to enjoy life in Liverpool and hes a good professional. I guess he must have some potential at some point just we have never seen it. Lets hope he can continue to improve and avoid the trap door opening on his Liverpool career.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Sean » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:24 pm

Stop kidding yourselves.  This is a good example of how expectations have dropped.  Traore would be laughed out of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U.  In fact he is no where in the same league of Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge and Gabriel Heinze.

If we want to start challenging for the title again, average players like Traore cannot be tolerated in the squad.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:29 pm

Redtribe wrote:I thought he played well and its good that JAR now has some competetion

I would be interested to read peoples thoughts on what fate awaits John Arne Riise if Traore continues to perform solidly and improve.

I understand that his destiny as far as LFC is concerned may not have been decided by Rafa yet, but obviously the time will come.

I think he's a player that provokes varied opinion, and my question is this..

By the time the next January transfer window opens(2006), will he be a cemented first teamer, an adequate squad player, or will he have been sold? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Coley » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:33 pm

I think that neither Traore or JAR are good enough and i didn't think that Djimi did that well last night, i was suprised he didn't switch JAR to left back and take Djimi off. 

A lot more effort from the lad, but effort alone won't win you trophies will it?
Coley

Postby spud » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:11 pm

Sean wrote:Stop kidding yourselves.  This is a good example of how expectations have dropped.  Traore would be laughed out of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U.  In fact he is no where in the same league of Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge and Gabriel Heinze.

If we want to start challenging for the title again, average players like Traore cannot be tolerated in the squad.

Unfortunately Sean you're spot on.

We've been here before with Traore so beware a clanger is on the horizon.

Honest lad, gives 100%, lacks quality.

Just decided to play for Mali since the French aren't interested in his international prospects.

Will make an average blue-nose.
spud

Postby parchpea » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Hes not good enough I know but hes giving it a go right now. Unfortunately we are so short on quality Benitez is having to throw him in, and up to now he has not done anything wrong. If a better player becomes available, and yeah theres got to be one lol, Traore will be gone forever  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:24 pm

Sean wrote:Stop kidding yourselves.  This is a good example of how expectations have dropped.  Traore would be laughed out of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U.  In fact he is no where in the same league of Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge and Gabriel Heinze.

Good one Sean, I was getting lulled into this feeling that he might be getting better and he has made some great last ditch interventions in his time. But he is not top draw, you are correct.
What is your memory of Vignal, he seemed ok to me before getting injured ? It will be interesting to see how he performs at Rangers.
Riise has reached his peak, too slow as a full back, easily turned and not enough scope as a mid-fielder, pity really I liked his get stuck in spirit.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion