Traore

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kindaconfused » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:02 am

Sean

Thats a good point, Traore did look more confident to me and I guess the question I have is is there any more gas left in the tank. If he hasn't reached his full potential then he'w worth hanging onto.

I have been a fan of Riise but the last game has clouded this. I know he was playing out of position but he is not a mid fielder. Got himself into good scoring positions (which to me is a poor reflection on the forwards) but his shot is only one style, blast it as hard as you can which means his chances of scoring are low!
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:13 am

aye its been 63 games since riise scored :(
106-1093504160

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:53 pm

Jimmy did good against Charlton, seems to grow in confidence with each game, yu guys who slagged him off should be ashamed :D
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:01 pm

Man of the match.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:06 pm

there's a difference between a player playing well and a player who's class. you dont have to have the best left back in the league but you need someone you know can compete with the best in the prem, traore doesnt meete this standard, against a half decent midfielder he'll be shown up.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:13 pm

stmichael

Yet another prediction round yer ear, try harder ???
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:15 pm

Unfortunatley yer don't become class over night and certainly not on the forum with all these pessimists  :Oo:
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:30 pm

amother good game for Jimmy...  He is improving.. give him a chance before we write him off
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:48 pm

exactly he did play well
i say we keep him for the back line
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:08 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:there's a difference between a player playing well and a player who's class. you dont have to have the best left back in the league but you need someone you know can compete with the best in the prem, traore doesnt meete this standard, against a half decent midfielder he'll be shown up.

Not so sura about that Jim. For me he looks like a really good player. He has got pace and his tackling skills are good. His passing has sometimes let him down earlier, but right now he looks very comfortable on the ball and full of confidence. If he can continue to reproduce the past two weeks performances, then we have nothing to worry about.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:20 pm

banana wrote:
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:there's a difference between a player playing well and a player who's class. you dont have to have the best left back in the league but you need someone you know can compete with the best in the prem, traore doesnt meete this standard, against a half decent midfielder he'll be shown up.

Not so sura about that Jim. For me he looks like a really good player. He has got pace and his tackling skills are good. His passing has sometimes let him down earlier, but right now he looks very comfortable on the ball and full of confidence. If he can continue to reproduce the past two weeks performances, then we have nothing to worry about.

for how long have you been sayin he looks a really good player?
surely you havent been sayin this before his latest performances?  i will give credit where its due, and i also have noticed that he's been playing well.

i suppose what i'm saying is that the jurty's still out on him for me. a few good good performances doesnt mean you're a good/excellent player/good enough for liverpool. but if you are playing well you deserve a chjance to prove people like me wrong.

lets not just jump the gun though, benitez is getting an extra gear out of some players but the opposition hasnt been up to much.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby 67-1098209959 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:26 pm

Troare has played well since he's got back in the team, but I still think he dabbles on the ball to much and if we are to progress we need someone better than him.

But it is good that Rafa is having a look at everyone.
67-1098209959

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:58 pm

traore isn't good enough for liverpool, but the fact is at the end of this season, you'll see who benitez thinks is a long term player for him, cause of course he can't get rid of them all at once and im sure he doesn't want to throw in young inexperienced players during the season, so the way i see it is, by the start of the new season you'll know who he really wants, cause now hes using players to keep the team going til he sorts it out
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1098209959 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:00 pm

mrcool2003 wrote:traore isn't good enough for liverpool, but the fact is at the end of this season, you'll see who benitez thinks is a long term player for him, cause of course he can't get rid of them all at once and im sure he doesn't want to throw in young inexperienced players during the season, so the way i see it is, by the start of the new season you'll know who he really wants, cause now hes using players to keep the team going til he sorts it out

I think Rafa is right in giving as many players a chance as possible.

Then at the end of the season he can decide properly who has to leave.
67-1098209959

Postby azriahmad » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:25 pm

I still am not comfortable seeing him play regularly because I have this feeling that he is a disaster waiting to happen but thus far, he is a rejuvinated player who seem to be improving with every match and is proving me wrong.

The confidence Rafa is showing in him and perhaps a change in perspective from the new management and coaching team is a contributory factor. At this rate, he should be kept in the squad and sold at the end of the season for a better price.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion