Traore set to sign new 4-year deal - Contract extension for traore?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:26 pm

Traore is not a natural left-back, he plays better of course when he's a CB which is why I understand he was given a new contract, he's a flexible defender that we could use when we have our key defenders[LB or CB] injured or suspended.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:31 pm

I think he has improved under Rafa like a lot of players have, I wouldn't say he worries me on the ball but he does need to improve his distrabution.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:08 am

I was hoping traore might move to everton cos i'm sick of blues slaggin us off when they see traore playing for us.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:24 am

i seriously think he has the natural attribute to be a great player.. but whether he will be one.. is a question for all of us.. will Rafa do a magic again? one thing abt traore is that he doesnt have the concentration to last the entire game.. i believe in rafa, if he is offered a contact, then it is fine with mi..
one more thing... traore should try and train to be a CB.. at all angles looking at him.. he looks more Like a CB then a LB..
Alonso_Rulz

Postby akumaface » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:52 am

A.B. wrote:Traore is not a natural left-back, he plays better of course when he's a CB which is why I understand he was given a new contract, he's a flexible defender that we could use when we have our key defenders[LB or CB] injured or suspended.

I totally agree. There is no guarantee we can get a decent back-up player for the CB and LB position. As Pelle is gone now, Troare provide the perfect option as he is a flexible player to have. He is never going to be great but is good enough to be a backup.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:26 am

akumaface wrote:
A.B. wrote:Traore is not a natural left-back, he plays better of course when he's a CB which is why I understand he was given a new contract, he's a flexible defender that we could use when we have our key defenders[LB or CB] injured or suspended.

I totally agree. There is no guarantee we can get a decent back-up player for the CB and LB position. As Pelle is gone now, Troare provide the perfect option as he is a flexible player to have. He is never going to be great but is good enough to be a backup.

Agreed , im not totally convinced on long term future of Traroe as LFC player but he is versatile in where he can play in defence and versatility seems to be an assest which is highly regarded by Rafa
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:32 pm

traore has a lot to improve.the gaffer definitely sees sumthing in him so that might be the reason he's been offered the 4 yr contract.honestly,i dun fancy him.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:39 pm

im happy traore is staying, the guy deserves the contract i say. he gives his all and his ability is getting betetr and better. plus only carra and stevie have been at the club longer. nice one djimi
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:50 pm

I think Djimi's never going to be a quality left back as his limitations were horribly exposed against Milan,to be fair playing in a back three seems to suit his game better and he does give his all.
Rafa definitely seems to rate him though,that's good enough for me.

Mind you,I did have a little chuckle at that comical own goal against Burnley! :D
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:54 pm

Ok, it's a good thing that he stays but four years ?? C'mon !!
2 year contract at most, an if not this summer then next one he should sold off and replaced !! :O
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:50 am

Traore has obviously worked hard on his game this season, and maybe Mr Kewell should take a leaf out of this lad's book.  However that said I think 4 years is a little over the top for someone of his limited ability.  He is very awkward on the ball, I am sure I am not the only one that feels nervous every time the ball is passed to him, his distribution isn't too clever.

However if he makes similar improvements next season as he has done this, then maybe the composure on the ball may come.  I personally only see him being a squad player though.
Jari's mullet

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:45 am

Jari's mullet wrote:Traore has obviously worked hard on his game this season, and maybe Mr Kewell should take a leaf out of this lad's book.  However that said I think 4 years is a little over the top for someone of his limited ability.  He is very awkward on the ball, I am sure I am not the only one that feels nervous every time the ball is passed to him, his distribution isn't too clever.

However if he makes similar improvements next season as he has done this, then maybe the composure on the ball may come.  I personally only see him being a squad player though.

The nervous and distribution thing can be worked on in training.

So who knows in four years time we could have our own R.Carlos
66-1112520797

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion