Traore

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:28 pm

judge wrote:aye its been 63 games since riise scored :(

<---- Passes the judge a peice of humble pie.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:53 pm

well done jimi
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:12 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:I think he has improved, and the fact that Risse was repleced last night, and not Riise to left back and Traore off speaks volumes in my book.

Just to reiterate my previous point, once again I think it bodes well for Djimbo that it was Riise that was replaced and not him this evening.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:23 am

Traore is a better defender than Rise but thats hardly flattering him cos Rise can't tackle :D Traore's been a much improved player of late and he's in the team on merit which is all you can ask as a player under Benitez. I'm not sure he is the required satndard but he is letting no one down and today (Sat Vs Charlton) was one of our top 3 players.....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:49 am

I think people are being excessively harsh to both Riise and Traore in this thread. Whether you like them or not, there aren't too many left back's that you'd trust on the market, and for all their limitations they have done a job for us this season.

In the absence of any obvious candidates, I'd be happy to Benitez to persevere with the two of them, give them both a fair bit of first team action and just work with them to try and improve their game. Look at Ashley Cole, for god's sake - a few years ago he was like a headless chicken running forward and his tackling was far from reliable. All it takes is the right coaching and a manager that's prepared to persevere with a player even after the odd slip up.

I personally think that getting rid of either of them would be a mistake. They've both shown a bit of form this season, and there's nothing better for a team than having two very valid candidates vying for one position.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:08 am

I had strong reservation about Tjimi in the past but the past 2~3 games heve improved. He may not be absolute class but if he continue to play well, he deserve a place in the team. I will wait for another dozen of games before passing judgement...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:41 am

Traore is willing to fight for the ball. He is very good in the air but he is average as far as passing the ball goes. I like the fact that he is willing to win the ball in the air no matter what.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:41 am

banana wrote:Not so sura about that Jim. For me he looks like a really good player. He has got pace and his tackling skills are good. His passing has sometimes let him down earlier, but right now he looks very comfortable on the ball and full of confidence. If he can continue to reproduce the past two weeks performances, then we have nothing to worry about.

could be the pacy centreback we are looking for ?  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:50 am

was really impressed with him against charlton.  But riise has really looked bad when he is in midfield. Would rather see riise back at left back with traore being our backup centreback or left-back.

If traore keeps improving, he could even replace hyppia (if he keeps playing like yesterday)...... alright that is a joke.  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:24 am

I think he is improving well and he has the building blocks to become a great defender (ie speed, size and strength). You can teach a guy to pass, but you cannot teach him to be fast. I think that with time, Raffa will iron out the wrinkles. Only time will tell, but I think he is a good bet and frankly, I think he is now a better defender than Riise, and that is the most important thing for that position. Let the strikers(yeah right) and midfielders score the goals, and let the defenders stop them. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1098209959 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:37 pm

The_Rock wrote:
banana wrote:Not so sura about that Jim. For me he looks like a really good player. He has got pace and his tackling skills are good. His passing has sometimes let him down earlier, but right now he looks very comfortable on the ball and full of confidence. If he can continue to reproduce the past two weeks performances, then we have nothing to worry about.

could be the pacy centreback we are looking for ?  :p

Traore hasn't got the body strenght or presence to be a centre back, maybe he should get in the Gym and put on some upper body weight.

But also he dabbles on the ball to much, and that could be fatal at centre back.
67-1098209959

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:21 pm

Traore, looking good. I would like to see him succeed. A Rangers fan was telling me that Vignal, after a slow start is looking better up in Glasgow.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Macgregor » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:04 pm

Vignal is looking good.
Red Macgregor

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion