Thierry henry - What was houllier doing?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:33 pm

I would have loved to play with Steven Gerrard and second I like the club and their fans

Blame yourself Thierry.

If you had joined LFC, you'd be a Champions League winner already.

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:38 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote: :D

Because our French manager wasn't as good as theirs. :(

true true Lando  :D  :D
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:43 am

Dundalk wrote:The same year we paid 11 million for Heskey arsenal paid 10 million for Henry :angry:

Who knows, Houllier might have played him as a right midfielder then we would all be saying what a waste of money he was.

I think much of Henry's success should be credited to Wenger as he knew how to get the best out of him. Can we say with confidence that the same can be true of Houllier? Maybe not. Remember our style of play at the time was long ball up to Heskey who nodded down to an on running Owen. Henry might have struggled with those tactics as it is a far cry from the fast passing attacking/counter-attacking style Wenger imploys.

He is a fantastic player though and it would be great to have him now.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:14 pm

take every french player we signed and arsenal still wouldn't swap him

the new zindan included

and you could throw in every sengalese player
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby scouser 'til I die » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:54 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:Anfield is Vieira favourite ground and from what henry is saying it possible is aswell.

like he said there`s something about Anfield that you just can`t explain and where going to leave it behind, the club must be fooking mad and shame on us for letting them.

even tho i adore anfield, its not the actual ground that gives the atmosphere and passion for the game, its the fans, i for 1 would love to move to another stadium because more fans means better atmosphere  :eyebrow

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:45 am

Imagine though...there may well be a parallel universe where Heskey's European Footballer Of The Year many times over, and Henry's warming the bench at Wigan. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:54 am

kazza wrote:
Dundalk wrote:The same year we paid 11 million for Heskey arsenal paid 10 million for Henry :angry:

Who knows, Houllier might have played him as a right midfielder then we would all be saying what a waste of money he was.

I think much of Henry's success should be credited to Wenger as he knew how to get the best out of him. Can we say with confidence that the same can be true of Houllier? Maybe not. Remember our style of play at the time was long ball up to Heskey who nodded down to an on running Owen. Henry might have struggled with those tactics as it is a far cry from the fast passing attacking/counter-attacking style Wenger imploys.

He is a fantastic player though and it would be great to have him now.

i Think your dead right there,if Houllier (no disrespect to him) had signed Henry the tactics he played he would of not become the player he is today.
Henry obviously had ability but was shattered confidence wise by his experience in Italy, the only way Henry would of been a success at Anfield under Houllier would of been if he had played instead of Owen as a striker....i very much doubt that would have happened.
It is great to see one of the top 3 players in the world imo talk about our club like that.
On his day Henry is unplayable and he has tormented us for the last few years with sublime goals religiously.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:57 am

scouser 'til I die wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:Anfield is Vieira favourite ground and from what henry is saying it possible is aswell.

like he said there`s something about Anfield that you just can`t explain and where going to leave it behind, the club must be fooking mad and shame on us for letting them.

even tho i adore anfield, its not the actual ground that gives the atmosphere and passion for the game, its the fans, i for 1 would love to move to another stadium because more fans means better atmosphere  :eyebrow

Thats something that not many supporters realise, our ground does have a major part to play when it comes to opposition players coming and playing there, but the atmosphere generated is by us..the fans and could be created in Stanley park at a new stadium.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:53 pm

So not signing Maradona is Houllier's fault as well.........
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:24 pm

anti-hero wrote:Aye..

I'll be dreaming tonight. :D

becareful of what you dream :p

maybe Salif will comeback and haunt you :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:26 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Imagine though...there may well be a parallel universe where Heskey's European Footballer Of The Year many times over, and Henry's warming the bench at Wigan. :D

nice one

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby azriahmad » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:48 am

Theiry Henry must be going through some changes/improvements with Arsenal this season as he has now scored with headers from open play in successive games. Now, he is definitely better in all areas than Hesky!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:11 am

kazza wrote:Remember our style of play at the time was long ball up to Heskey who nodded down to an on running Owen.

I know my memory is not great, but I think that rarely happened.

Most of Owen's goals came from through balls from Berger, Murphy etc
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion