The truth about rafa's £150m spending spree

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:08 pm

Mascha and Alonso arent any better then  Didi, well they are also not 34 years old either
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:46 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Kitson could do it at any level, obviously he'd have to learn extra tactical discipline's but he's an excellent forward with alot of good attributes, he drops deep well and links play well aswell as being good with his back to goal, he's a similar level of player to Ashton but different, he's more mobile while still having a good (not as good as Ashton) physical presence, I also think he'd be more suited to playing along side Torres, he can also link well with midfiielders which would help get alot out of Gerrard.

Some people want you banned again, but with comedy input like this, I think you should stay lad.

The slating I got off you for daring to suggest Kuyt wasn't upto it was comedy. I seem to remember you saying something similar when I said that, you ended up  looking like what  you are with that one as well.

Nuff said.

If Dave Kitson is ever on any planet in any universe a better player than Dirk Kuyt you can have my wife and my properties and my car and I will be your slave forever.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:48 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
bigmick wrote:Money is a valid reason for not winning the Premiership, that's why Reading will never win it. That said, barring the Arabs taking over and going stupid, the money situation isn't going to change anytime in the near future so does this mean we are going to have to accept the fact that we will never ever challenge for the title again?

I think we've now proven that given our resources, it is impossible to build two teams at the same time which can compete with the bigger spenders. Perhaps it's time to build just the one team and concentrate our money and efforts on that. It's got to be worth a go lets be honest.

well big mick i think that this is where a manager has to make a decision and this is where the fine line is... if you build one team, you're taking alot of risks especially if you're in multiple competitions... an injury to one or two key players and you will pay the price dearly...and in modern day football injuries will happen... the reality of not even finishing 4th will then become a real possibility... building a squad with more options and possibilities like rafa is doing now gives you more insurance... it might make the probability of winning the league less... but it also prevents the team from suffering a total failure... and for a club like Liverpool not qualifying for the champion's league is an absolute disaster... this is surely the predicament that rafa is facing right now... Liverpool with so much tradition and pedigree demands for competing for the title with the rest of the elite... at the same time we are not up there with the mancs and the chelseas in terms of financial muscle and therefore cannot afford to miss out on the champions league...

The fact is he's been here four years.

Finnan, Riise, Carragher, Gerrard were all here anyway, yet all of them are still in our first team, or there abouts. Hyypia is still in and around the team aswell. Why haven't these positions been sorted?

We've left it till Finn's is on his last legs and Riise's :censored: up his form and Hyypia's about to retire, that defence over the last four years was something to build on, the signings of Reina and Alonso were excellent progress... but then what?

We've had nothing since then thats come in and made you think, :censored: yes, we're going in the right direction...

A few years ago we were an excellent side a couple of players away, now we're a about 5 or 6 away again. Its a joke.

Finnan and Riise are not "in the first team, and Sami only plays this much cus of injuries.

The players he's brought in aren't anywhere near as good.

???

Skrtel and Agger aren't nearly as good? Have you got a crystal ball there beside you or something?

Some people, honest to God, they sit there on their seats at home behind a PC screen and talk as if they know better than a man who's in charge of one of the biggest football clubs in the world. Most probably haven't even kicked a ball, yet they talk a good game.

Oh look out.

Stu will be postin the website to his Sunday League results in a minute.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Fo Dne wrote:Daniel Agger is certainly not an improvent on Sami and Skrtel will never play in a league winning side.

Alonso and Mascherano aren't an improvement on what we already had in Gerrard and Hamann.

Arbeloa isn't a patch on Finnan. Another pathetic "give him years and he'll improve" arguement.

You also don't seem to understand the difference in right and left back.

As for our defensive record, they have Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano infront of them aswell as a top keeper behind them.

yeah i got the left back and right back wrong... so what? At least I don't go and insult other people by saying ' you don't seem to understand'... all your valuations of the players are at best very subjective... you sit on a whatever high ground saying you are an expert at evaluating players... with all due respect but you are an expert my :censored:... why aren't you working as a professional scout if you're such an expert?

As for our defensive record, they have Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano infront of them aswell as a top keeper behind them.

so who bought alonso, mascherano and a top keeper?  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Oh look out.

No jokes with that league, it's followed with interest even from Spain. I couldn't but notice Stu's team was doing well until the coach (who's a twát) started to not play him that often. Since then, they're struggling.

:D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:03 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Kitson could do it at any level, obviously he'd have to learn extra tactical discipline's but he's an excellent forward with alot of good attributes, he drops deep well and links play well aswell as being good with his back to goal, he's a similar level of player to Ashton but different, he's more mobile while still having a good (not as good as Ashton) physical presence, I also think he'd be more suited to playing along side Torres, he can also link well with midfiielders which would help get alot out of Gerrard.

Some people want you banned again, but with comedy input like this, I think you should stay lad.

He talks more football on here than you do sarcasm ..... lad.

Which is not necessarily a bad thing ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:06 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
bigmick wrote:Money is a valid reason for not winning the Premiership, that's why Reading will never win it. That said, barring the Arabs taking over and going stupid, the money situation isn't going to change anytime in the near future so does this mean we are going to have to accept the fact that we will never ever challenge for the title again?

I think we've now proven that given our resources, it is impossible to build two teams at the same time which can compete with the bigger spenders. Perhaps it's time to build just the one team and concentrate our money and efforts on that. It's got to be worth a go lets be honest.

well big mick i think that this is where a manager has to make a decision and this is where the fine line is... if you build one team, you're taking alot of risks especially if you're in multiple competitions... an injury to one or two key players and you will pay the price dearly...and in modern day football injuries will happen... the reality of not even finishing 4th will then become a real possibility... building a squad with more options and possibilities like rafa is doing now gives you more insurance... it might make the probability of winning the league less... but it also prevents the team from suffering a total failure... and for a club like Liverpool not qualifying for the champion's league is an absolute disaster... this is surely the predicament that rafa is facing right now... Liverpool with so much tradition and pedigree demands for competing for the title with the rest of the elite... at the same time we are not up there with the mancs and the chelseas in terms of financial muscle and therefore cannot afford to miss out on the champions league...

The fact is he's been here four years.

Finnan, Riise, Carragher, Gerrard were all here anyway, yet all of them are still in our first team, or there abouts. Hyypia is still in and around the team aswell. Why haven't these positions been sorted?

We've left it till Finn's is on his last legs and Riise's :censored: up his form and Hyypia's about to retire, that defence over the last four years was something to build on, the signings of Reina and Alonso were excellent progress... but then what?

We've had nothing since then thats come in and made you think, :censored: yes, we're going in the right direction...

A few years ago we were an excellent side a couple of players away, now we're a about 5 or 6 away again. Its a joke.

Finnan and Riise are not "in the first team, and Sami only plays this much cus of injuries.

The players he's brought in aren't anywhere near as good.

???

Skrtel and Agger aren't nearly as good? Have you got a crystal ball there beside you or something?

Some people, honest to God, they sit there on their seats at home behind a PC screen and talk as if they know better than a man who's in charge of one of the biggest football clubs in the world. Most probably haven't even kicked a ball, yet they talk a good game.

that's exactly what i just mean... he comes on a forum acting all expert and :censored: and slagging people off... if he's working as a scout even for a championship team it would make his comments more credible...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:33 pm

this a forum, which surely means people should be able to express there opinion without being slaughtered for it. Agree or disagree with someone's opinion doesn't matter, but it's an opinion. As least he's expressing opinions rather than some who don't have an opinion of their own. None of us are scouts for clubs, but most of us have opinions on players, does that mean we're wrong as well?
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:48 pm

Sabre wrote:
Oh look out.

No jokes with that league, it's followed with interest even from Spain. I couldn't but notice Stu's team was doing well until the coach (who's a twát) started to not play him that often. Since then, they're struggling.

He was dropped for his lack of pace.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:22 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

The slating I got off you for daring to suggest Kuyt wasn't upto it was comedy. I seem to remember you saying something similar when I said that, you ended up  looking like what  you are with that one as well.

Nuff said.

If Dave Kitson is ever on any planet in any universe a better player than Dirk Kuyt you can have my wife and my properties and my car and I will be your slave forever.

I don't want your wife and I don't need a slave but Kitson is still better than Kuyt.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:12 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:this a forum, which surely means people should be able to express there opinion without being slaughtered for it. Agree or disagree with someone's opinion doesn't matter, but it's an opinion. As least he's expressing opinions rather than some who don't have an opinion of their own. None of us are scouts for clubs, but most of us have opinions on players, does that mean we're wrong as well?

sure... express ur opinion... no one's asking anyone not to... I will be expressing my opinion as well... but if you slag someone off and act as some know-it-all then expect to get some backlash and criticism... nothing new I guess... it's all a normal day at an internet forum  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:04 pm

maguskwt wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:this a forum, which surely means people should be able to express there opinion without being slaughtered for it. Agree or disagree with someone's opinion doesn't matter, but it's an opinion. As least he's expressing opinions rather than some who don't have an opinion of their own. None of us are scouts for clubs, but most of us have opinions on players, does that mean we're wrong as well?

sure... express ur opinion... no one's asking anyone not to... I will be expressing my opinion as well... but if you slag someone off and act as some know-it-all then expect to get some backlash and criticism... nothing new I guess... it's all a normal day at an internet forum  :D

I don't see any backlash and critisism, I see a bunch of cryers moaning and complaining that someone knows better than they do and backs arguements up.

:sleep
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:23 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

I don't see any backlash and critisism, I see a bunch of cryers moaning and complaining that someone knows better than they do and backs arguements up.

You are the Messiah !!   :bowdown

And I should know, I´ve followed a few.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:35 pm

Reg wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

You are the Messiah !!   :bowdown

And I should know, I´ve followed a few.

Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:36 pm

If Dave Kitson was any good he`d be playing for Tottenham by now.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion