The truth about rafa's £150m spending spree

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Kitson : 9
Kuyt : 9

goals scored thie season.

obviously Kitson is better ?

yea and maybe show the amount of assists that kuyt has and the amount of defending and tracking back if it was possible .

Kitson better then kuyt , rubbish

ENd of.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:58 pm

RedBlood wrote:while is that pile of sh.it kitson being discussed on a liverpool forum anyway?
hes way below our standards

Have you ever seen him play?

I doubt it.

You're dismissing him because he plays for Reading, no other reason.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:04 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
RedBlood wrote:while is that pile of sh.it kitson being discussed on a liverpool forum anyway?

I doubt it.

Thought skrtel had a good game against the blues stu , did you?  He's coming on leaps and bounds don't yer think. He might even give kitson a game ? ???
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:49 pm

Fo Dne wrote:

I doubt it.

i can't believe im seeing kitson being proposed as a possible solution for LIVERPOOL. we could do better by giving nemeth or el-zhar a chance instead.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:57 pm

sold 49 players? ???

does anyone else think our turnover of players is just a tad too high
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:58 am

Fo Dne wrote:

I doubt it.

I doubt you have watched him more than me**, (as I am a footbal laddict and watch every live game to my missus' disguist) and I just dont see it Stu mate.

Do you think he would play well against Inter, Roma, Barce, Milan, Schalke, PSV or Real Madrid ? And would he get into the teams at United, Arsenal or Chelsea ?

I the answer is no then there is NO WAY we should consider purchasing the lad.

Is he even an International ? Whats his nationality ? Surely ALL international managers cant be wrong as well.

** Dislaimer - I am not professing to be a football expert, or Tord Grip, I just watch almost every game of football on the television, therfore uless you are a season ticket holder at the Mad Stad then you will not have watched more Reading games than I have - that is all.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:15 am

Not even if we pay £3m and he's fourth choice? In fairness how much of a fair crack do England give Reading players? Shorey got a brief chance, Sidwell left before getting a look in if I'm not mistaken and Harper will probably have to do the same. Not sure how many of the rest qualify for England, you can bet the England coaching staff don't watch a fraction of the Reading games you do. Aren't most of them 3pm Saturday, being Reading, not in Europe and not exactly the most televisible team in the country with no local derbies? ???
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:33 am

Fo Dne wrote:

I doubt it.

yes ive seen him play alot for reading and cambridge

hes a decent playerbut nowhere near our standard
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:00 am

Owzat wrote:Not even if we pay £3m and he's fourth choice? In fairness how much of a fair crack do England give Reading players? Shorey got a brief chance, Sidwell left before getting a look in if I'm not mistaken and Harper will probably have to do the same. Not sure how many of the rest qualify for England, you can bet the England coaching staff don't watch a fraction of the Reading games you do. Aren't most of them 3pm Saturday, being Reading, not in Europe and not exactly the most televisible team in the country with no local derbies? ???

So it would be easier to stand out then ?

If you are good enough for England, you will be playing.

In fact even if you are not good enough (Beattie, Rickets at Bolton, Carlton Palmer 16 at Sheff Wed to name a few) just like Kitson is not good enough, you could still get a game.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:27 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Owzat wrote:Not even if we pay £3m and he's fourth choice? In fairness how much of a fair crack do England give Reading players? Shorey got a brief chance, Sidwell left before getting a look in if I'm not mistaken and Harper will probably have to do the same. Not sure how many of the rest qualify for England, you can bet the England coaching staff don't watch a fraction of the Reading games you do. Aren't most of them 3pm Saturday, being Reading, not in Europe and not exactly the most televisible team in the country with no local derbies? ???

So it would be easier to stand out then ?

If you are good enough for England, you will be playing.

In fact even if you are not good enough (Beattie, Rickets at Bolton, Carlton Palmer 16 at Sheff Wed to name a few) just like Kitson is not good enough, you could still get a game.

Lets not forget Steve Bull , played over a dozen times for England while he was with 2nd division Wolverhampton.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:32 am

I think the days of the likes of Steve Bull getting a game for England probably ended when Graham taylor got the bullet though Woof. Carlton Palmer also got a few games, incredible as it seems today.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:31 pm

bigmick wrote:I think the days of the likes of Steve Bull getting a game for England probably ended when Graham taylor got the bullet though Woof. Carlton Palmer also got a few games, incredible as it seems today.

hang on a minute mick, Sven gave debuts to Michael Ricketts, Marcus Stewart, Richard Wright, Anthony Gardener, Keiron Dyer, Jermaine Jenus, Lee Hendrie, Chris :censored: Powell and Gavin McCann (was certainly in squad)

So it didn't end with Taylor.

Mickey mouse players will always be called up for England, Jenas and Carrick still are called up somehow. As for Kitson though, he'll never play for England, not because he's a bad player but because he's got to get ahead of Owen, Rooney, Crouch, Bent, Defoe, Andy Johnson and even Heskey who was recalled not so long ago. He's not going to get ahead of those players unfortunately.

But those who think that he isn't our level of footballer because he can't get in the england squad is bollox. Ian Callaghan who I'm sure you've all heard of. Played over 800 times for Liverpool Football Club...made 4 appearances for England. Tommy Smith another who never made as many England caps as he should of. Robbie Fowler another and even more recently Jamie Carragher. So a players quality isn't really down to how many international caps he has. So I wouldn't waste time saying "we shouldn't go after Kitson because he can't get in the England squad"
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:42 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
bigmick wrote:I think the days of the likes of Steve Bull getting a game for England probably ended when Graham taylor got the bullet though Woof. Carlton Palmer also got a few games, incredible as it seems today.

hang on a minute mick, Sven gave debuts to Michael Ricketts, Marcus Stewart, Richard Wright, Anthony Gardener, Keiron Dyer, Jermaine Jenus, Lee Hendrie, Chris :censored: Powell and Gavin McCann (was certainly in squad)

So it didn't end with Taylor.

Mickey mouse players will always be called up for England, Jenas and Carrick still are called up somehow. As for Kitson though, he'll never play for England, not because he's a bad player but because he's got to get ahead of Owen, Rooney, Crouch, Bent, Defoe, Andy Johnson and even Heskey who was recalled not so long ago. He's not going to get ahead of those players unfortunately.

But those who think that he isn't our level of footballer because he can't get in the england squad is bollox. Ian Callaghan who I'm sure you've all heard of. Played over 800 times for Liverpool Football Club...made 4 appearances for England. Tommy Smith another who never made as many England caps as he should of. Robbie Fowler another and even more recently Jamie Carragher. So a players quality isn't really down to how many international caps he has. So I wouldn't waste time saying "we shouldn't go after Kitson because he can't get in the England squad"

No one did waste time saying that soft olleys.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:31 pm

David Nugent.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:35 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Kitson : 9
Kuyt : 9

goals scored thie season.

obviously Kitson is better ?

Well by your reckoning if thats all that counts then obviously he's no worse. Considering Kuyt's god Gerrard, Torres and Alonso supplying him aswell as apose to Harper, Hunt and Doyle then leaves even more room for arguement...

Good post though Leon... well thought out as ever.

:no
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion