The spanish thread. - Ola and welcome.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MLPD » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:57 pm

god, you guys are fast ...
MLPD

Postby Sabre » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:18 pm

MLPD wrote:possibly a Sevilla fan trying to be funny (Nervión is the name of the area where the Sevilla stadium stands, hence my guess). what he said is he likes English girls without moustaches and armpit hair
If you plan to talk about Torres do get used to these kind of people. Sevilla FC fans are well known for getting into other people's fora and pretend to be funny while managing to be utterly rude and offending. Sevilla is a nice place, though. Shame some of their supporters are like that

Sevilla fans need a good dosis of humillity this days.

BTW Bigmick, several atletico fans have stated already they're impressed with the hospitality and the welcome, and also with this thread. They're grateful.

As for JoeTerp's comment on Spanish, all the Spanish of the world are correct since all of them are developed under the Royal Academy of the language which takes under consideration all the changes that occur in the language.

Much like the english say "lorry" and the americans say "truck" there are difference in words, and treatment. Argentinians use a class of Spanish that has some XVII century formulas like "vos", which we Spaniards don't use often since the times in which we were a decadent empire. Same applies to other words and treatment in other south american countries, their Spanish is more like it used to be here a couple of centuries back.

The Mexicans are a bit americanised and use often words like reporte, instead the more native Informe, they also use a lot the suffix "ito" for small, but all in all, we understand each other and none can be considered the "true Spanish language". All of them are.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:25 pm

stmichael wrote:Good idea.

I have no problem with threads in different languages. Most of them would make more sense than posts by the likes of Spion anyway.

cheeky git

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Last edited by Reinas No.1 Fan on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:32 pm

What a nice idea.. Hola to our spanish speaking / writing posters, truly cosmopolitan is this site - salute mods for this.

Fantastico player - el Diego Armando Maradona ces! :D
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby atleticofa » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:48 am

Sabre wrote:Sevilla fans need a good dosis of humillity this days.

True.
FERNANDO JOSE TORRES SANZ, you'll never walk alone.
atleticofa

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:57 am

Can anyone tell me what has happened to Xavi Prieto from Sociedad. (Not sure if I spet the first part right)

He was a promising youngster right?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:41 am

bavlondon wrote:Can anyone tell me what has happened to Xavi Prieto from Sociedad. (Not sure if I spet the first part right)

He was a promising youngster right?

The cúnt after doing a bad season and relegating his team is seeking a new club desperately. Other youth system guys have commited their future to their team, but he hasn't and he's gonna be sold.

He has offers from Bilbao, Zaragoza, Deportivo and Valencia. Liverpool has first option but it seems the initial interest of Rafa has been chilled out.

He's a good player, with nice footwork, nice dribbling, but not pacy and has to be stronger. Will be a good player for sure.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mayday » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:36 pm

When a player is fantastic we can use several adjetives/noums for their.

(Word)            (Literally)

Fenómeno           Phenomenon/genius/fantastic
Genio              Genius
Artista            Artist
Mago               Magician
Crack              person that is really good do something
Jugadorazo         Big player
Fuera de serie     When we use this, we want to say the player is totally different "is out of [serie]"
El Jefe/Amo        The Boss     
Número 1           The number One
Mayday

Postby Sabre » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:29 pm

Well, in the north we use often "El puto amo de la barraca" which means "The :censored: boss of the barracks" :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby panda » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:38 pm

hi, not sure whether this is the correct thread to pos this, but like to check with our spanish friends, have anyone of you watch jesus navas in action, is he any good. some report have compare him to joaquin, if so maybe he the answer to ur winger problem...
panda

Postby Sabre » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:18 pm

I rate Sevilla's Navas very highly, excellent right winger.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:28 pm

Is that Jesus Navas or a different player. I wouldnt mind him at Liverpool if we wernt already packed in midfield/
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby f9Torres » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:42 am

Sabre traduce a grandes rasgos por favor. Jesus Navas no podria ir al Liverpool porque tiene crisis de ansiedad cuando esta fuera de su casa sin sus padres. Es el motivo por el que no va a la seleccion y ni siquiera va a la concentracion de pretemporada con el Sevilla, todos los dias va y viene de Sevilla al pueblo de Huelva donde se concentra el resto del equipo.

Gracias y un saludo.
f9Torres

Postby kunilson » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:23 am

bueno. ola

thats it for my spanish, but welcome anyways
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:39 am

f9Torres wrote:Sabre traduce a grandes rasgos por favor. Jesus Navas no podria ir al Liverpool porque tiene crisis de ansiedad cuando esta fuera de su casa sin sus padres. Es el motivo por el que no va a la seleccion y ni siquiera va a la concentracion de pretemporada con el Sevilla, todos los dias va y viene de Sevilla al pueblo de Huelva donde se concentra el resto del equipo.

Gracias y un saludo.

Didn't know this bit about Navas. According to this mate he suffers anxiety crisis everytime he's too far away of his parents, and that's why he doesn't go to the national squad.

I did hear that he suffered one a while back, but hey, you can't be like that all your life!!

Joder, no va a a estar toda su vida al lado de los padres, no?
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion