The spanish inquisition

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:26 pm

Barcelona-Luxembourg wrote:Hi everybody,
I'm a catalan expatriate living in Luxembourg. I begin to support the Reds when Benitez become the manager. Despite being a Barcelona supporter, I've always admired the work that Benitez did in Valencia. He is always thinking football, preparing all the details, very meticulous and I predict you a prosper era under his management.
On the Garcia side, you must know that Garcia was in the plans of Rijkaard and he didn't want him to leave. You're right that he needs more accuracy finishing his actions but he is one of few players at Liverpool that can create his own opportunities. His pace and his ability make that he has at least one or two goal opportunities every game. Remove him and you will miss him.
For the rest of the spaniards, nothing more to say about Alonso and Morientes, both are World class; Josemi will never be more than a rotation staff and Nunez nobody in  spain knows him in Spain but it seems that Benitez has followed him since along time. I think, the principal problem for Benitez could be making recruitement under pressure of instant results.

(sorry for my english)

thats a good thought that, thinking about it now, benitez and maybe even houllier have been prehaps forced into making rash purchases

i think the only one who wont make it out the spaniards will be josemi, he is p1sspoor, he is slow, rash in tackles and is always getting caught out of position, i dont even think he is good enough for squad rotation, unless benitez works with him and performs minor miracles.
109-1105722616

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:17 pm

As I have said on many other topics, I like garcia.  He got slagged off for his performance against the mancs, but i thought he did ok.  For the first time I saw him breaking the opponents play down and getting tackles in.  He is new to the Englsih game and we must give him a chance. 

We have been very lucky as Alonso took to the English game straight away, but it can take over a season for some forign stars to climatise.  (Look at Terry Henry)
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Adebisi » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:25 pm

He's managed to score 5 league goals already this season, which is an OK return in his first season considering he was out for a small period with injury.

I just think he's one of those players that can only play in certain systems and when the system doesnt suit him he doesnt get the chance to play well, but think he'll get better before he gets worse
Adebisi

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:31 pm

Adebisi wrote:He's managed to score 5 league goals already this season, which is an OK return in his first season considering he was out for a small period with injury.

I just think he's one of those players that can only play in certain systems and when the system doesnt suit him he doesnt get the chance to play well, but think he'll get better before he gets worse

dont you mean that he will get worse before he gets better.

at least with garcia you can see the potential and the creativity there which is a positive sign, with players like diao, diouf, cheroyu, biscan and josemi they are just jokes and will never make it
109-1105722616

Postby SALTROCK67 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:41 pm

I think Garcia will be a good player for us seems to be in the Mcmoneyman mould can be very frustrating at times and disappears in games but then can show a bit of brilliance and score goals.I dont think 5 goals is a bad return for his first 6 months. :D  :D
SALTROCK67

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:45 pm

Garcia did not have one of his better games on Saturday.
I agree with line of thinking (at least he got in to those positions & was running at people) - but I also felt very frustrated with him against Scum U
In other games - he has done the same - but played the simple ball or even a reverse ball - to put someone else through with a scoring chance
Having said that - I've not been one to pillor him on the forum - although why shouldn't people vent there frustrations ?
I must admit - I'm glad he couldn't hear me from the living room on Saturday - I was turning the air BLUE :D
I still hope & believe he will come good - still relatively young - with lots of potential
And on his day - he is definitely a match Winner - just a shame itr wasn't Saturday :(
SouthernScouser

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion