Spanish scouse

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:57 am

hey all
ok, so i havent been online for a while, but i had just a little thing i wanted to say, and its about the love for playing that the spanish players seem to have. whenever we scored a goal on saturday the first players there congratulating the team were always josemi and Garcia. You can tell that Garcia really loevs his football and that is the kind of player that we need here.
Ok, so at times he seemed a little greedy but he more than deserved his goal (especially after the disgraceful offside ruling against bolton) but when he did score i havent seen a smile that big at anfield for a long time. I think all the spanish influence should nicely fit together.

Stevie G was awesome as always and im also happy to say that finnan scored a great goal. That was what we were seeing at Fulham week in and week out and i hope to see a bit more of it in the future.

Guess my point is that im happy, and that after paying four games its too early to say anything negative, so come on and cheer on the kop in the CL, FA , Premiership and whatever else they do, i think the boys will come good :)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:09 pm

Nice to hear from you again Dawson, and it seems you have found your brain now too.

Joyous
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:46 pm

I still say that too much cannot be made from us losing to Bolton and Graz and neither should too much be made from the West Brom game.

A few months is needed before we'll see where we're really at.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:38 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I still say that too much cannot be made from us losing to Bolton and Graz and neither should too much be made from the West Brom game.

A few months is needed before we'll see where we're really at.

Personally I was gutted by the results against Bolton and Graz, (particularly the Graz the result) . The West Brom scoreline was no more than we should expect against a team of their sorry calibre.
Monaco however will be a real test for us, as far as I'm concerned the real Rafalution starts on Wednesday night.It's too early to be passing judgement so as just an observation, I'm still waiting for Cisse to catch fire his pace is there for all to see ,however for the money we paid I would have expected a bit more by way of goals .Having said that it has been encouraging to see goals coming for other areas of the team. I'm hoping we can keep a clean sheet against Monaco but wouldn't bet on it. If I was a betting man I'd go for 1-1 , as an optimistic fan, 2-1 .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:32 am

woof woof ! wrote:If I was a betting man I'd go for 1-1 , as an optimistic fan, 2-1 .

2-0 LFC, no dramas.   :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:08 pm

I think it would be more of a narrow win as Monaco is still a classy team.

I just have to either stay up or sleep early and try to wake up at 2:30 am as this is the time of the live telecast here in these parts of the world.

Yes, it is great to see Garcia with thiat great big smile after scoring his goal. He was hell bent on scoring that it became a personal mission for him!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:25 am

Of course, WB result, no disrespect, is not an appropriate measurement for current LFC capability. But the positive thing is this match may give a massive boost for Monaco match. Garcia etc. will regain his self-confident.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:28 am

LFC #1 wrote:2-0 LFC, no dramas.   :)

Good call ,  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:01 am

LFC #1 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:If I was a betting man I'd go for 1-1 , as an optimistic fan, 2-1 .

good call!
now you deserve a "i told you"  :p  :D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:23 pm

,                       Garcia
Gerrard                                  Alonso

The new heart of our team, with Kewell, Finnan (he'll probably get replaced by Nunez) and Cisse playing at each angle from them.
Our passing and pushing forward looked very crisp in this area of the field yesterday, lets hope it keeps up.
Last edited by XSD on Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:16 pm

can i also applaud the team spirit. everyone clapping everyone and seeing alonsos and garcias faces as they lined up in the beginning was awesome. the crowd was outstanding and we have a couple of spanish genius' who lovce playing for liverpool
nice to see
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:17 pm

Alonso also has a sense of humour as he responded to the banter from the Kop when he missed two shots when warming up and the Kop jeered him he  waved to the kop when he finally buried one and the Kop cheered :D good stuff take note Diouf (snarler)???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:15 am

anfieldadorer wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:

good call!
now you deserve a "i told you"  :p  :D

just for you adorer, I told you so!  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:35 am

The Spanish lads look like they'll be real assets for us as the season progresses. Garcia seems to be doing most of the headline-grabbing so far but I reckon Alonso will be the pick of the three as we go on. Josemi also looks good, not afraid to get stuck in and have a go. Looking forward to seeing what Nunez is made of, too.

PS, has anybody christened them the "3 amigos "yet?    :Oo:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:26 am

Woollyback wrote:PS, has anybody christened them the "3 amigos "yet?    :Oo:

Well we would have done Alan but Nunez is due to play soon so might be a bit tricky working out which of the 4 amigo's you mean  :D

Seriously though Benitez has bought well and in Alonso we have a world class player. Garcia looks quality and Josemi has settled in well with some solid displays.

The futures bright , the futures Spanish  :cool:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion