The real liverpool error - Time for a fresh start

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu May 27, 2004 1:30 pm

So liverpool finally look like doing something which i have said they should do for a while now.

It lloks like we are finally going to stop filling our management and backroom vacancies with people so heavily affiliated with the club. I know it sounds harsh, but we cannot keep handing out the top jobs to past Liverpool greats. We’ve had 14 years of the club been run in some way or another by ex pats the likes of Souness, Dalglish, Evans and even with GH in charge the backrooms are always littered with names from out past.

These significant influences stifle the clubs development. Our players demonstrate this as they appear to be stuck in two minds at games, when their football skills and brains have been edified to play the ‘Liverpool way’

We need to shed this dead weight and embrace totally new fresh ideas and methods, even if it means having the football side of things run by people who know nothing of Liverpool’s famous past. 

Take note that once you over Liverpool Football Club, then you will soon enough know all there is to know about Liverpool's famous past. Whichever manager comes to Liverpool just needs to walk into the trophy room, and that famous past will greet him. If he doesnt ask about it, then it will be told to him.         

I agree with clearing out the backroom staff, I've been saying it for ages. We're in danger of becoming like Tottenham and always employing people with a connection to the club.

This club will now be heading in a totally new direction! The only way is up.

:)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu May 27, 2004 1:33 pm

Just like Yazz said all them years ago ....
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Thu May 27, 2004 1:42 pm

and the plastic population
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu May 27, 2004 1:46 pm

Can you please tell me what is so wrong with the "liverpool way" the traditions that this great club is built on and made us the most feared club in Europe???

Back to basics I say, GED was nearly ther but di dnot produce the results, that was his downfall
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu May 27, 2004 1:52 pm

there's nothing wrong with the liverpool way. i just feel that the whole conception will be thrown out the window when the new manager comes in. even houllier admitted that he didn't want to compare the present to the past in terms of culture, style of play etc.

the new manager must be able to implement his own ideas, not stick to and ethos merely to keep everyone on the board happy. whatever achieves results is fine by me.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maximus » Thu May 27, 2004 2:10 pm

stmichael wrote:So liverpool finally look like doing something which i have said they should do for a while now.

It lloks like we are finally going to stop filling our management and backroom vacancies with people so heavily affiliated with the club. I know it sounds harsh, but we cannot keep handing out the top jobs to past Liverpool greats. We’ve had 14 years of the club been run in some way or another by ex pats the likes of Souness, Dalglish, Evans and even with GH in charge the backrooms are always littered with names from out past.

These significant influences stifle the clubs development. Our players demonstrate this as they appear to be stuck in two minds at games, when their football skills and brains have been edified to play the ‘Liverpool way’

We need to shed this dead weight and embrace totally new fresh ideas and methods, even if it means having the football side of things run by people who know nothing of Liverpool’s famous past. 

Take note that once you over Liverpool Football Club, then you will soon enough know all there is to know about Liverpool's famous past. Whichever manager comes to Liverpool just needs to walk into the trophy room, and that famous past will greet him. If he doesnt ask about it, then it will be told to him.         

I agree with clearing out the backroom staff, I've been saying it for ages. We're in danger of becoming like Tottenham and always employing people with a connection to the club.

This club will now be heading in a totally new direction! The only way is up.

:)

maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Thu May 27, 2004 2:13 pm

I agree with stmichael, we have to move on with the times and start a new tradition.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu May 27, 2004 2:15 pm

ffffffffffffffff[quote]
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Thu May 27, 2004 2:20 pm

Maximus, what the hell are you going on about mate?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 27, 2004 2:27 pm

Cool off, KOP. I think he's only having some troubles with his new keyboard  :laugh:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 27, 2004 2:31 pm

Agree with st Mike,

It's time for opening up our eyes wider.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu May 27, 2004 2:41 pm

Hey lol, i didn't intend for that to look so mean. I was just typing the way i talk to my friends lol.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu May 27, 2004 2:47 pm

Sorry KOP having technical problems with the f***in computer. in the words of our previous glorious leader "I have turned the corner"
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 27, 2004 2:51 pm

maximus wrote:Sorry KOP having technical problems with the f***in computer. in the words of our previous glorious leader "I have turned the corner"

I could see you thru my supernatural eyes..  :laugh:

"without going out of my door
I can know all things on earth
without looking out of my window
I can know the ways of heaven..."

:laugh:
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Thu May 27, 2004 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Thu May 27, 2004 2:53 pm

The "Liverpool Way" is what has won Valencia the EUFA Cup and Porto the  European Cup. Simple football played well - pass and move - or as the sign in the Academy says "Pass and Move It's the Liverpool Groove"
It's not rocket science -it doesn't need £100million of wonder players brought in- it just needs a style of play to fit the players you've got.
The 60s & 70s sides would still do very well today!!!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion