Time for the players... - ...to start taking responsibility

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:04 am

LFC2007 wrote:Over and above the performance of the manager there has to be a place for individual standards, and I'm talking specifically in terms of endeavour for the cause. People talk about this being "Liverpool FC and not Rafael Benitez FC", and I wholeheartedly agree. The players owe it to the club - the fans - to give it their all regardless of the manager of the day. An ethos of hard work for the betterment of the club and out of loyalty to the fans is not only essential to success but decent and honourable, and that's why when a player is perceived to be shirking his responsibilities, the fans will direct some of their frustrations at that player, and not exclusively at the manager, ala Heimdall and Lakes.

I agree with that mate, feck who the manager is , play for the club,the fans, earn your wages simple,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:06 am

LFC2007 wrote:Over and above the performance of the manager there has to be a place for individual standards, and I'm talking specifically in terms of endeavour for the cause. People talk about this being "Liverpool FC and not Rafael Benitez FC", and I wholeheartedly agree. The players owe it to the club - the fans - to give it their all regardless of the manager of the day. An ethos of hard work for the betterment of the club and out of loyalty to the fans is not only essential to success but decent and honourable, and that's why when a player is perceived to be shirking his responsibilities, the fans will direct some of their frustrations at that player, and not exclusively at the manager, ala Heimdall and Lakes.

:nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zardd » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:19 am

Time for the players...to justify and deservedly earn their wages that was paid to them :angry:
zardd

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Excellent post and I agree 100%.

The movement, the tempo, the emphasis to get on the ball and play and look for space is lacking from front to back. Some players are simply going through the motions at the minute.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:19 pm

its time to stop saying "lucas aint lfc standard"

because of late hes been easily our best and most consistent player
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:57 pm

made in UK wrote:Good thread John,

But I dare not blame certain players or we'll have 'real fans' foaming at the mouth again.

Joke aside, the players and like you said some of a senior ones could do with picking up their act. However like many have said Gerrard is playing with an injury and this may be a plausible notion as to why his form has been below the high standards he usually sets. Carragher agin I personally feel should be given the benefit of the doubt, every year longer he looks a yard slower, then accomodating a right back in the side like Johnson would likes to get forward has left him exposed. But my gripe with the defence is our lack of aerial ability to defend from set-pieces. In midfield Mascherano started the season slow and just when he was coming into some kind of form and aided by the rocks in his head he gets sent off.

As for Lucas, Kuyt, Insua, Riera, N'Gog, Skertel, Aurelio and even Yossi I think their simply players who are unable to perform and the standard week in week out LFC need. Their probably all playing nearly at the peak of their ability and even if their not their simply not good enough; and then the finger points back to Benetiz.

Nail meet head

But then you have to look at what the players cost and besides Kuyt I blame the owners as 20 million for those players is not enough if you are looking for honours, points finger at owners.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion