time to start acting like a big european club

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:50 am

when i look at history, liverpool is one of the great european superpowers...infact in the top 5 as far as performance goes....more championships and european champions leagues than any other english club and only behind real and acmilan in europe...so why arent we not the leading english club we should be as far as performance and stature in europe right now?...prior to the last 10 years manu were pittiful relative to our performance in the league and in europe...and over the past 10 years they have done everything we shouldve done given what we had achieved and the money we shouldve had...so why have we let them outstrip us in the performance stakes year in year out in the premiership...im tired of watching manu march on to more glory and us acting like their little nephew hoping someday we might rise and be champions too...its time for liverpool to show the world what our spirit is made of again...we need the kind of results that will have youngsters dreaming of playing for us again, that make players like rivaldo want to play 4 us...its not that i entirely think rivaldo is our answer, but i think its very important to have a club that makes players like rivaldo want to come...thats what is really important, and that is what makes clubs great...heaps of really good players will tell u that they want to play 4 manu ahead of liverpool and that is what annoys me...it used to be liverpool that generated that sort of player desire...i want it to be again!
houllier get ur act together, stop talking about the future and plan 4 the future while ur taking care of now...by the time the future comes we would have gone 20 years without a premiership and i couldnt stand listening to my manu mates if that happened...
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:06 am

I BELIEVE
YOU BELIEVE
MAN U BETTER BELIEVE
WE ARE GOING TO RULE AGAIN
AND RULE WE WILL DO WITH PRIDE "N" PASSION NOT
        HESKEY"N"HOLLIER. :0
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:57 am

emile has been very loyal.
but he is now past his best...
houllier does not run the team as it should be run...
with all due respect to him, i think thompson did a better job while he took over when houllier was unwell...i think perhaps the players dont respond to houllier the way the ought to......
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:59 am

my point exactly  cheers[B] :(
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:08 am

do u think we should sell hesky while we can still get something for him, or keep him 4 injuries and play him off the bench?
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:49 pm

WHATS THE POINT IN KEEPING HIM WITH THE PLAYERS WE HAVE COMING THROUGH OUR YOUTH TEAM AT THE MOMENT'
HE IS STILL WORTH A FEW MILLION AND HE PLAYS HIS HEART OUT 80% OF THE TIME BUT HE IS JUST NOT WHAT WE NEED. :D
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:36 am

well said!
jaypap

Postby LFC4EVA » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:21 am

jaypap wrote:emile has been very loyal.
but he is now past his best...
houllier does not run the team as it should be run...
with all due respect to him, i think thompson did a better job while he took over when houllier was unwell...i think perhaps the players dont respond to houllier the way the ought to......

Why register for a Liverpool supporters forum if all your gonna do is Critisize the team and manager in particular, and as  for emile, He gets too much flak from so called Liverpool supporters, If you support the reds you support him, I don't understand why 2 or 3 players get singled out as the reason for Liverpool bad performances, Danny Murphy is another player in this bracket, and in my opinion he isn't good enough but I don't stand on the Kop shouting that at him, Jamie Carragher is another one, Easily one of liverpool's most consistant players over the past 3-4 years, in any position. a candidate for player of the season last year, Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard both had dire dips in form last season and were you on thier backs, I doubt it.
'Football is not a matter of life and death, Its more important than that'
LFC4EVA

Postby Manufan » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:44 pm

Heskey is a poor player.
As for europe you have agood history but so do the ancient romans and times change. I have no dought you will be a big club again due to the fan base but i honestly think it will be in about 10-15 years at the soonest.
Manufan

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:48 pm

10-15 years is a slight exaggeration on your part,though your assessment of Heskey is quite accurate.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby oldredeyes » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:17 pm

We all Know Emile Heskey will be sold in the new year and the team will steadily progress. If I was a Man U fan I'd enjoy the next 3/4 years as much as a could - because then it starts to go down hill fast. What goes around comes around and the red tide from Liverpool will sweep all before it and our team will rule the roost - well before our 2008 celebrations.
Culture will return to our great City - and our great Team. Believe!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TJAMES » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:21 pm

I DO BELIVE AND SO DOSE A LOT OF PEOPLE BUT IT WONT BE SOON IF WE PLAY POOR AGAINST CHARLTON AND WHATS THERE NAME IN THE UEFA
sup ppl
TJAMES

Postby supersub » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:49 pm

keep the faith; one bad egg doesn't make a duff chicken,it just gives off a stink for a day. :p
Last edited by supersub on Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby robbywood2003 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:38 pm

I think the next game againest arsenal will be the turing point of the season, one way or other.
robbywood2003

Postby greenred » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:59 pm

its been a turning point alright,for the worse. We are not good enough,you all know it,everybody knows it.Does anybody seriously  think this present team under houllier will win the premiership in may?if you do then your sadly deluded,if you dont then what does that say about the ambition of liverpool fc?. for a club the size of liverpool,one of the richest in the world,with  potentially an almost unlimited worldwide fanbase to give up hope of winning the league at the beginning of october is catastrophic.there is no excuse for it.the team has gone backwards over the last two years,apart from  some     exceptions houlliers transfer record has been  awful.we are rapidly becoming a club living on past glories,happy to polish our championships and european cups while missing out on present glories which are happening elsewere.to compete again we have to get ruthless,houllier must go(i think were still big enough to tempt almost any coach in the world),then we must be ruthless with the team,out with the mercenary foreigners who couldnt pick liverpool out on a map.eight of the first team should come from these islands with the rest the cream of world football who will play week in week out.big money on three world class players who are proven is an investment.look at madrid,they dont spend big money  on  foriegn reserves,they buy one world class player every season and play him every week.and yes we can afford it,we are the most famous club in the world,millions of people love this club for all sorts of reasons and we dont exploit that nearly enough.within ten years we can be richer than real and man u filling a 70,000 seat stadium,a proven manager,and a team of gifted commited british and irish players along with a couple of  of world class contintentals.Then watch the trophies roll in
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion