The Midfield situation and formation..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:36 pm

I was lying in bed last night thinking about the fact that if this team is to evolve again, it needs to move to a world where a maximum of two from Milner, Fabinho, Henderson and Wijnaldum are in the team. With our failure to get Fekir, and Ox being a non-factor this season, it leaves Keita and Lallana as the two midfield players who are capable of breaking from the middle of the pitch and linking with the attack with purpose. I was thinking that Keita would play today and hoping he could make a real impact today and get some goals/assists to set him up for the final leg of the season. But maybe that will be Lallana instead!
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:42 pm

Yup i agree I just hope Lallana can produce the goods in this final hurdle. Ox won't be back and when he is it maybe to late.

If Lallana can rediscover his 2016 form who knows maybe it could be the difference to getting the title.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:29 pm

I just don't think that just yet, Klopp has got the mix right in personell selections in Midfield. I mean, does he go defensive or attacking?

No one other than Gini, can say they have a regular starting place. Today he surprises everyone with the inclusion of Lallana. Next game, it Could be Milner and Hendo!!??

Anyone's guess. He's chopping and changing the Midfield in nearly every game.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion