4-4-2 formation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby whylongball? » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:10 pm

stmichael wrote:
clint wrote:garcia looks a good player i cant wait for the new players to settle into the team

definitely. his movement was absolutely outstanding off the ball. once he picks up the pace of the game over here he will be an outstanding player. forget playing him wide, he could be the answer we're looking for playing just behind the main striker. :)

good point stmichael. He doesn't seem to have the pace needed for winger but definitely has the skill and movement to score goals. I'd go with Stu's formation
whylongball?

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:18 pm

I think we will see a few different formations as the season progresses. For the moment i would still like to see us play with 2-up coz i don't believe Baros or Cisse hold it up well enough for 1-up to work. Time will tell. Saying that, did Cisse play as a lone striker for Auxerre last season? I'm not sure, i thought someone mentioned it, may have been Stu.

Walk on....

PS. Are any of you season ticket holders not planning on making the away trip for Southampton this season? I will be at the game but am desperate not to be stuck in the Saints end (last season was hell!) Can anyone help me with 2 tickets???
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:26 pm

Scottbot wrote:Time will tell. Saying that, did Cisse play as a lone striker for Auxerre last season?

no i'm pretty sure he played upfront with a guy called olivier kapo. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby gerrard_steven » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:03 pm

--------kirkland------------

riise hypia carragher josemi

kewell alonso gerrard garcia

-------cisse   baros--------
gerrard_steven

Postby gerrard_steven » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:03 pm

rong way round 2
gerrard_steven

Postby gerrard_steven » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:04 pm

--------kirkland------------

josemi carragher hyypia riise

garcia gerrard alonso kewell

-------cisse   baros--------
gerrard_steven

Postby kindaconfuzed » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:34 pm

Stu the red

In yer first posting yer had dudek up front, is that correct? and how do yer know which is the left and right hand side/ :upside:
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:59 pm

Dudek
Josemi Hyypia CArra JAR
Gerrard ALonso Hamann Garcia
Kewell Baros.

This will be my choice for this season.  Alonso will need the expeience and tactical knowhow of Hamman as a partner while he settle into English football.  Playing along side SG straight away will give him too much headache as SG will burn forward too much from centre leaving ALonso to stick the pinyata on the donkey.

beginning of next season Alonso will be fully acclimatised to play centrally with Gerrard while hamman's contract with LFC will be finished.

Bros/cisse to play with Kewell. Kewell being the Daglish, Beardo type of player that is so needed so desperately at LFC .
109-1093441336

Postby gerrard_steven » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:17 pm

y would any1 put gerard on the right when hes probably one of the best central mids in the world, the ruels goes your best players should be donw the middle of the team and hes defo 1 of them
gerrard_steven

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion