Midfield situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:34 pm

steed..i think he will be worth abt 5 million which is way off our budget.. but will be a quality add.
Alonso_Rulz

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:39 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:why would we sign a new midfielder to play in one CL game? what would we do with him when everyone has recovered from injury?

Normally FE7 I'd be with you. But imagine what it'd feel like if we say lost the first leg 3-1 at Anfield and then with Stevie back, went on to win over there 2-0. We'd be out of course and regretting our decision not to buy somebody when we had the chance. No doubt they would get mullered in the next round (they're not a great team, I think they're about 8th in the Bundesliga) and we'd miss out on a pot of cash and potential glory.
Besides which, now Diao has gone, with Igor soon to follow we like as not need a central midfielder anyway because three isn't enough. Put it this way, I'd be amazed if plans weren't already afoot to buy one now or scout one for the summer.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:41 pm

leverkeusen are exceptional at home. 1-0 at home against them was not enough in 2002 and i don't think it will be enough this time either. keeping a clean sheet at home is a must but i think we need to win by two goals for me to be fully confident of us going through over the two legs.
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:43 pm

Diarra

The French national team seem to rate him

And he is ours after all
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:47 pm

taff wrote:Diarra

The French national team seem to rate him

And he is ours after all

You may just be onto something there my Welsh (pri) mate.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:50 pm

Makes sense to me. What sort of player is he? Sort of apprentice Vierra or more attacking? I must confess I know absolutely nothing about the guy whatsoever. To quote the handle of a long-lost member of the forum, who the hell is he?
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:57 pm

Nor me to be honest although he's made the French team and is supposed to be quite a prospect

Bizarre to think that we might have a seriously classy player who has just got on with it whilst on loan

Im not even sure if he's played champions league or not

In a way I sometimes feel sorry for houllier as I reckon he was a good spotter of talent just maybe not cut out for management at the top level.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:04 pm

I don't agree Taff about Houllier but we've done all that before mate. Funnily enough, the staircase guy who is continually predicting all sorts of comings and goings is tipping up Dacort on another thread. Thats probably the sort of guy we need in all honesty even though its more than likely nonsense. Diarra though? Well let's be sensible, he can't possibly be worse than Diao and Igor, can he?
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:07 pm

Yeah no more Houllier debates  :D

Well he made the French team but seems to be a forgotten man

You dont think that maybe we have forgotten about him in some weird admin error kinda way  ???
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Guapo » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:11 pm

If we can't get a midfielder in then I would play a central midfield trio: Carra and Didi with Luis Garcia in front of them, it would get the best out of Garcia, hopefully his creativity would compensate for the more defensive style of the other 2.
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
El Guapo

Postby banana » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:32 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Banana, you are joking right, 3 players plus cash for Malbranque? The lad is worth £2m tops. Also, do we really want to buy any more "squad players" ??

crazy horse, AB, why long ball are we talking about the same Steed Malbranque from Fulham?

Big Mick, you amaze me a times, you talk such sense, then advocate Dyer and Earnshaw ?  :D

If we were so lucky and Fulham actually took Vignal, Le Tallec and Biscan off our book I'd be friggin happy. That I admit. Why should that be a bad deal? We do not need Biscan, Le Tallec or Vignal. We need Malbranque. Is it really so diffucult to understand? Malbranque is in his prime, can play all over the park, is hard working and has performed consistently in the premiership for many years. If SWP is valued at £ 25 million then malbranque would be a steal for 5. I think Malbranque with an english passport = 20 millions. I noticed how easy Riise took SWP out of the game, and I have seen how difficult Riise and others have found it to deal with Malbranque. I am not saying Malbranque is world class. I am saying however that he would be a very valuable squad player and a sensible aquisition. Biscan is worth 500k - tops 1 million. Le Tallec 500k and vignal 500k. And they are all surplus to requirements.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby y cymro » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:46 pm

Cheyrou was better than Biscan. :blues:
y cymro

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:23 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:why would we sign a new midfielder to play in one CL game? what would we do with him when everyone has recovered from injury?

We need another midfielder regardless of the CL fixture.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:25 pm

This is would be a good move for us, Le tallec for Routledge what do you guys reckon? He isnt cup-tied could be usful, we do need reinforcements for our midfield.

Sunderland, Norwich and Crystal Palace have all expressed an interest in taking French starlet Anthony Le Tallec on loan until the end of the season.

The striker is currently out on loan in his homecountry with St Etienne. "Les Vers" brought former Leeds striker Lamine Sakho to the club earlier this week however, which may reduce LeTallec's chances of first team action.

With one goal from seven appearances, Le Tallec's season has been indifferent so far which caused St.Etienne manager Elie Baup to swoop for Sakho.

Crystal Palace's interest may present Rafa Benitez with a golden opportunity to set up a deal for alleged targets Wayne Routledge and Andy Johnson. The Reds were linked to the striker before they signed Fernando Morientes from Real Madrid and it is no secret that they are short on right sided midfielders.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:48 am

Hate to see ALT go as he has potential. But if Wayne Routledge and Andy Johnson = ALT + cash....i would take it.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion