Watch today match live here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Glofut » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:58 pm

Im PROUD of the lads for that draw today. In all honesty I thought a draw was the best we might get ... of course we all wanted a win, but to come back twice in a game in which the ref was being a :censored: and in which we DIDNT play well, thats a RESULT. Well done lads. Unbeaten for ages in Prem. Credit where its due.
Faith is a passionate intuition.
Glofut

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:59 pm

Reina was at fault for both the goals...hope this is just an one off.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:59 pm

Draw. Decent result, still an improvement on last year
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:01 pm

Glofut wrote:Im PROUD of the lads for that draw today. In all honesty I thought a draw was the best we might get ... of course we all wanted a win, but to come back twice in a game in which the ref was being a :censored: and in which we DIDNT play well, thats a RESULT. Well done lads. Unbeaten for ages in Prem. Credit where its due.

To be honest with ya, I thought the ref was too lenient in some of our challenges in the first half, Gerrard's studs on Speed, Sissoko on Nolan, and could well have given a penalty for Carragher's challenge on Nolan, although it is after all part of the parcel of the gane.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Well Red » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:01 pm

7_Kewell wrote:2-2....not a disaster.  To be honest, i'd be glad if we can finish this year 2nd and we're looking good for that. Also, at this rate, we'll have CL qualification wrapped up by March

agreed.

That post made the draw seem not so bad, cheers  :)
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:04 pm

I guess why we all feel disappointed is how the winning streak is broken, how Bolton's goals are routine mistakes from the goalie, and how we were agonosingly close to a 3rd goal.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby <-alonso-> » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:08 pm

i just heard commentary, i couldnt belive it when they scored again, thankyou king luis! what was his goal like?
<-alonso->
(-alex-)
<-alonso->

Postby primodua » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:09 pm

1st half was not convinving enough but 2nd half performance was miles better. Why are the lads always better only at one half? They do this at every game

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Kukilon » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:12 pm

2-2 is not a bad result really. What I can't understand is why Rafa waited so long for the changes.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Well Red » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:12 pm

primodua wrote:1st half was not convinving enough but 2nd half performance was miles better. Why are the lads always better only at one half? They do this at every game

bear in mind this was a game at the end of a very busy Christmas schedule, we don't have the resources of Chelski so they were bound to be tired and sluggish to begin with.

Bolton's :censored: style of football didn't help either.  :veryangry
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:14 pm

well...hope the new signings will improve whatever problems we have with today's performance....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:15 pm

Its a blessing to come off with a draw after giving away 2 silly goals.
And of all people, we actually let that :censored: scored :angry:
Houllier=LFC

Postby drummerphil » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:15 pm

very pleased with that.Bolton away is always a tough fixture and on the back of a 4-1 beating by Manure they were always going to be up for this.Bolton had only conceded 2 goals all season at home,and we put two past them in one game.I went for a draw before the game and pleased we managed to get it back to 2-2.
Reina was at fault for the  first one and it was obvious Bolton would get something from a set play they always do.The second we were caught on the break and Diouf was lucky it hit him on the back and went in,saying that though Reina again probably could had done better.
Reina has been flawless in previous games and has looked very composed,but even the best had an off day now and again.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:16 pm

<-alonso-> wrote:i just heard commentary, i couldnt belive it when they scored again, thankyou king luis! what was his goal like?

Chested a cross and volleyed in from close range.....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Erica » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:31 pm

<-alonso-> wrote:i just heard commentary, i couldnt belive it when they scored again, thankyou king luis! what was his goal like?

Wonderful, our second goal. Alonso makes a long pass. García controls it with his chest and strikes with his left foot. You can watch the four goals in the Colombian page:

http://liverpool-football-club.blogspot.com/
Erica

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion