Watch today match live here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:32 pm

drummerphil wrote:very pleased with that.Bolton away is always a tough fixture and on the back of a 4-1 beating by Manure they were always going to be up for this.Bolton had only conceded 2 goals all season at home,and we put two past them in one game.I went for a draw before the game and pleased we managed to get it back to 2-2.
Reina was at fault for the  first one and it was obvious Bolton would get something from a set play they always do.The second we were caught on the break and Diouf was lucky it hit him on the back and went in,saying that though Reina again probably could had done better.
Reina has been flawless in previous games and has looked very composed,but even the best had an off day now and again.

SPOT on mate.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:42 pm

zarababe wrote:The FA cup  :talktothehand that's a Mickey Mouse cup, :D Champions League for me, everytime  :nod

all i can say to that is i lost a great friend at a FA.CUP SEMI. SHE DID NOT THINK IT WAS Mickey Mouse cup!!!!!
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Glofut » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:45 pm

Quote (Glofut @ Jan. 02 2006,16:58)
Im PROUD of the lads for that draw today. In all honesty I thought a draw was the best we might get ... of course we all wanted a win, but to come back twice in a game in which the ref was being a :censored: and in which we DIDNT play well, thats a RESULT. Well done lads. Unbeaten for ages in Prem. Credit where its due.

To be honest with ya, I thought the ref was too lenient in some of our challenges in the first half, Gerrard's studs on Speed, Sissoko on Nolan, and could well have given a penalty for Carragher's challenge on Nolan, although it is after all part of the parcel of the gane.

Understand what ur saying there, BUT I thought this was another game where the ref has to be strong and accurate from the off, or it gets out of hand. He was weak to start with -- looked to me like he started the game trying to please the home crowd --- and the decision for the foul for their first was UNBELIEVABLE. I mean, yeah, way too casual from Reina and silly effort from Hyypia, but that was NO WAY a foul by Finnan at the touchline. Ball was gone, their fella threw himself to the floor -- free kick given.

From then on, anything went and yeah, I expected a couple to get a red from that point. Lucky we didnt.
Faith is a passionate intuition.
Glofut

Postby GunGod » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:49 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
Glofut wrote:Im PROUD of the lads for that draw today. In all honesty I thought a draw was the best we might get ... of course we all wanted a win, but to come back twice in a game in which the ref was being a :censored: and in which we DIDNT play well, thats a RESULT. Well done lads. Unbeaten for ages in Prem. Credit where its due.

To be honest with ya, I thought the ref was too lenient in some of our challenges in the first half, Gerrard's studs on Speed, Sissoko on Nolan, and could well have given a penalty for Carragher's challenge on Nolan, although it is after all part of the parcel of the gane.

Definitely agree with you there. Carragher's foul was definitely a penalty. I thought he had one of his poorest games for us, not in terms of match performance but in his overall conduct. He even managed to sneak in a kick on Diouf's back while the latter was floored. I think that's pretty low. I hope he does not do something like that again.

I am very proud of S. Gerrard. Whenever I watch him on the ball he really seldom loses possession. Its really, really hard to rob the ball off him. He's got really got technical abilities too. His stomp on Nolan, I would give him the benefit of doubt that he didn't mean it... but maybe, just maybe, he could have avoided landing his studs on him.

In any case, is it just me or does anyone else think that Crouch does really not head well? Its sounds a bit controversial i guess but I noticed that his headers at goal actually lack the power and direction of a good centre forward and often it just about him being able to get there and not finish the job. I would say Garcia can head better than him in technical aspects.

Overall, its an acceptable performance really, one which we should be glad of, given the pitch conditions and the way bolton approached the game. Reina is still jittery as usual and really, he does not look like a long term solution for us. Kewell on the other hand, is getting into the groove but should probably train extra hard on his right leg which obviously couldnt put in a decent cross.

Lastly, i wonder if there is any rule stating that if a player from your own team kicks the ball out of your keeper's hands when he has both hands on it would warrant a freekick. Cos Reina certainly grabbed the ball before Hypia kicked it out of his hands obviously without his consent.  :D
GunGod

Postby Glofut » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:01 pm

Dont get this thing about bo.llo.king our own in games -- we have to mix it sometimes, especially with sh1ts like Bolton. Its important our lads dont get pushed about or intimidated by sh1t but tough teams, and I for one love it when our lads give out a bit of stick. We dont do it enough imo. Smithy wouldve put Diouf into Row 28 within 5 minutes of that game.
Glofut

Postby Glofut » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:03 pm

Quote (zarababe @ Jan. 02 2006,00:53)
The FA cup   that's a Mickey Mouse cup,  Champions League for me, everytime   

all i can say to that is i lost a great friend at a FA.CUP SEMI. SHE DID NOT THINK IT WAS Mickey Mouse cup!!!!!

Fair comment Lake ... and we know what you mean entirely m8 :(  but I think this post was just a bit thoughtless, rather than uncaring, bud.
Glofut

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:39 pm

I was going to watch the game and avoid to enter here until I knew the result. But while visiting a site, it's been spoiled . I'll comment the game when I see it, but a 2-2, come on, A win - draw - win - draw, streak makes you climb in the table always. Let alone 10 wins and 1 draw. Cheer up, lads!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:04 pm

are they showing the game on freestreams?
Last edited by mighty mo on Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion