The left back situation... - ...an old problem

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Like we can get Warnock back now when he is at Villa of all places. O Neill is gonna tear us a new one on that one considering how cordial our last negotiations went...

If we are lucky they'll accept something like Babel for Warnock at best!

We can not look at top 6 club´s players and think we can get anywhere near a "fair" deal. We are cash strapped and players from our immediate rivals are mentioned. Great logic!

Sad that we haven't got 1 good left sided player available in the team right now. Reira gone, Insua never good enough, Aurelio always injured. And we have no money and many different areas that also needs strenghtening.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby blurblur » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Outrun by a 34-year-old in Stephen Carr... Haha... I see absolutely ZERO potential in Insua...!!! Those who still feel he has potential should just stop dreaming...!!! Can someone tell me whether if he has freaking big b...s??? Else why can he be nutmegged that easily so often...???!!! an absolute piece of s..t!!!  :angry:
blurblur

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Agree with all the posts regarding Bale. Looking worth every penny now but as usual, we missed the boat and let somebody else snap him up.

Who's gonna play left back on Thursday by the way?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:37 pm

Given the state of things the left back problem will probably need to get in queue being the striker, RM and raft of other problems that will need addressing in the summer.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:00 pm

john craig wrote:
Scottbot wrote:The big problem with Insua is I suspect Rafa is happy with his performances this season and that is a worry for me. There were several games in mid-season where Aurelio was fit but was kept out of the team by the young Argentine.

That's my worry too Scott.  Insua seems to be in the same boat as Kuyt and Lucas - they do a mediocre job but keep getting picked.  My gripe is not with these players, they are all committed and give 110% for the shirt.  My gripe is that none of them are good enough to be regular fixtures in the side yet they've been 3 of the first names on the team sheet this season.

Amen to that. 3 weak links that shouldn't be close to a starting lineup. And Rafa is pleased even if they are awful 10 straight games :)
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:03 pm

So many times this season we have been exploited from the left.. Insua is just too slow and too short to make it I think.

We should either cash in on him or just keep him as backup.
Fauxy

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:09 pm

Fauxy wrote:So many times this season we have been exploited from the left.. Insua is just too slow and too short to make it I think.

If you had all the clips of how many times Insua has been raped this season it would be well over an hours worth of shocking and disturbing footage.
Yet Rafa sticks with him
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:06 am

For Thursday, it should be Agger for me (I suspect Soto and Benayoun both got game time in preparation for Benfica). I'm sure I've read somewhere that Agger used to play LB, and I think he'd be well worth playing there.  Would add more defensive height/ability too, which can't be a bad thing at set pieces.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:11 am

a bit off topic, but im going to go out on a limb here and say that if some of you here are fine with the idea of putting agger on at left back, i say i'd be really interested in seeing agger partner mascherano in the middle. his on the ball composure and sweet left foot seems a shame to keep him all the way back there.

BUT ANYWAYS.. :D

umm i agree with everybody on uhh. Gareth Bale, yeah. :D

Or we could negotiate with Marseille for one of their left backs. I'd much prefer Taye Taiwo, who seems like a shorter, Nigerian, Didier Drogba playing at left back, or we could sign the guy he's currently keeping out of the squad, Gabriel Heinze.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:55 am

Heinze is too old now, and i imagine the only reason he keeps playing Insua is because we have no other left backs fit at the moment. Agger would be a good shout to play there and i think with Soto playing yesterday that may be the case.
leep33

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:55 am

blurblur wrote:Outrun by a 34-year-old in Stephen Carr... Haha... I see absolutely ZERO potential in Insua...!!! Those who still feel he has potential should just stop dreaming...!!! Can someone tell me whether if he has freaking big b...s??? Else why can he be nutmegged that easily so often...???!!! an absolute piece of s..t!!!  :angry:

What astounded me was when Bowyer was in on goal left unmarked at the far post, where was Insua? In the RIGHT-BACK position!?!?!?  :suspect:

I would like to see replays of their goal as I think it was possibly offside, but that aside our full-backs seem unable to step up in line with the CBs to play offside, unable to stop crosses or sometimes keep up with the opposition. How do you undo Liverpool? Play two quick players out wide and put in crosses or even ghost in at the far post unmarked as it is just there asking to be done.

So we can add LB to our list of wants for the summer, good job we've got lots of money - not! Shame Rafa went and spent a lot of money in the past summers on white elephants and rubbish, a lot of money either shipped back home or sitting pretty on the bench. What's that now, Riera £8m, Keane £20.3m, Dossena £7m and now Aquilani £20m plus an expensive benchwarming keeper Cavalieri £3m. Rafa's best two buys are arguably £1.5m N'Gog, although he was well off target yesterday, and Kyrgiakos the same (value). Of course Johnson was overpriced which bites into the budget, but he's yet to hit the depths the others have reached of a) being sold already, b) being out of Rafa's thoughts or c) being a regular on the bench.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:13 am

Sir Roger wrote:
Fauxy wrote:So many times this season we have been exploited from the left.. Insua is just too slow and too short to make it I think.

If you had all the clips of how many times Insua has been raped this season it would be well over an hours worth of shocking and disturbing footage.
Yet Rafa sticks with him

That's one bad horror movie  :wwww
shawnk

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:30 am

Sounded like a rock solid court case to me! :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:48 am

Owzat wrote:Sounded like a rock solid court case to me! :D

Not really
They would say he was asking for it
:;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Rimetto_ » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:16 am

stmichael wrote:Agree with all the posts regarding Bale. Looking worth every penny now but as usual, we missed the boat and let somebody else snap him up.

Who's gonna play left back on Thursday by the way?

in my opionion that's part of the problem we have with rafa - he's to quick to snap up youngsters from abroad but can you remember him paying money on home grown talent?

we've missed out on Bale, johnson (who by reports on here begged to come to us), Ramsey, Milner ( he would have been an outstanding player for us on the right) ...... the list goes on i'm sure

Insua has been to blame for alot of our defeats this year and Yes he's just starting out on his career but why doesn't Rafa see that HE'S JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH
Rimetto_

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion