The final - Chelsea injury/suspension list

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fingers » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:06 pm

Looks Like no Wayne Bridge, and Defo no Cudicini in the final

Just thought i'd ask, have we been done a favour here,

personally, i feel facing Cech and not Cudicini, ain't much help, but they will miss Bridge, (and Gallas, and Duff were limping at the end)

i mean we were the better side earlier in the league, against a full strength Cheslea, so this can only be a good thing :)
As always I am focused on supporting the Cloob and the Manager
Fingers

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:10 pm

The lads have to learn from newcastle....if you give it your all, you will have a chance to win. newcastle did it.

Hope we do it against leverkusen & chelsea.......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingers » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:12 pm

Yea Big week for us,

just hope the right Liverpool turn up  :)
Fingers

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:14 pm

And Jens Nowotny is out for leverkusen too....... I guess it is a good omen getting knocked out early in the FA cup (depends on how you see it). No injuries..... Smicer & La Tellac coming back...things looking up.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingers » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:20 pm

I'm sure we'll do well mid-week, there were harder teams to draw, and we have alot of players whos natural game seems to suit Europe a little better then the Premiership (at the mo, i know they'll settle) like the Garcia's and Nunez and even bizarrely Biscan (iiiiiiggggoooooorrrrrrrr- well he played well once...in Europe)

So i reckon we'll take a 1 (or even 2) goal lead over to Germany, although i think we'll probo concede one too.
Fingers

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:22 pm

official word....if Petr Cech gets injured in midweek :D Retribution....retribution

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/86009622?-11194

Chelsea goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini is out of the Carling Cup Final against Liverpool after he was sent-off in stoppage time of their 1-0 FA Cup defeat at Newcastle United. 
Cudicini, who was promised a starting place against Liverpool by Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho will be suspended so regular Number One Petr Cech will probably play against Liverpool instead.

In theory Chelsea could appeal against the sending-off of Cudicini so if they decide to do that we will keep you informed on Liverpoolfc.tv.

Chelsea are also likely to be without left back Wayne Bridge for the final after he was stretchered off against Newcastle and taken to hospital with a suspected broken ankle. Winger Damien Duff and centre half William Gallas both left the field limping.

However Mourinho will be able to bring back captain John Terry against Liverpool after he served his suspension against Newcastle. The FA Cup tie went ahead at St James Park after a pitch inspection after heavy snowfall in the North East. If the match had been called off Terry would have missed the Carling Cup Final.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:19 pm

Personally, I don't think Maurinho will field Cudicini in the final anyway but no Wayne Bridge could be a problem...for them :)  Hope there will also be without Gallas and Duff (who came off badly after being a crash with Cudicini)
A midweek loss against Barca could see their head drop as the quadruple is now a mere dream.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:34 pm

Some are worried becaue Cech will play but let's not forget that Morientes has scored goals against top class goalkeepers, no reason why he shouldn't score against Chelsea.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:03 pm

what was the score with chealski an newcastle en??
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby Gareth G » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:35 pm

Stayed 1-0 to Newcastle, Kluivert on 4 minutes won the match.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:11 pm

If we can beat Chelsea, we would send them crashing back down to earth.  Just imagine....

Chelsea lose to Newcastle and fall out of FA Cup
Chelsea then Lose to Barcelona (can't see Chelsea beating them without their stars) which oputs their CL future in doubt
Chelsea then lose to Liverpool in League Cup final......

All this leads to QUADRUPLE SEASON MY ****** !!
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:15 pm

L-type wrote:If we can beat Chelsea, we would send them crashing back down to earth.  Just imagine....

Chelsea then Lose to Barcelona (can't see Chelsea beating them without their stars) which oputs their CL future in doubt

That would be great  :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:41 pm

even with their stars it would be hard for them to beat barca.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:45 pm

L-type wrote:If we can beat Chelsea, we would send them crashing back down to earth.  Just imagine....

I just hope they don't crash and burn in the Premiership, do we really want Manure to win it this year? I know I don't if we they did we would never hear the end of it and this forum would be attacked by the manc sh1t with their stupidity if they did.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:46 pm

There own fault for being so arrogant and cocky  thinking they are great, no matter how much money your team has, its always better to win on merit of hard work.
We have never bought a title or a trophey thats something we can be proud of with Liverpool FC :love:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion