The final - Chelsea injury/suspension list

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:52 pm

Wayne Bridge has a broken ankle or foot hes in hospital, Duffs a major doubt and Gallas :cool: And no Drogba.
Champions League opponents Leverkusen have been dealt an injury blow with the news their captain Jens Nowotny will miss the game with possible cruciate ligament damage.
Maybe some luck will come our way this week, lets hope we win a cup final next sunday. I cant wait. :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:43 pm

Gerrard doesn't play midweek so should be chomping at the bit come next Sunday :D

Whilst Chelsea have been very impressive and conistent this season it is only now they find themselves with a few selection problems with unforseen injuries and suspensions.

I've said in another part of the forum I believe we can win this game and nothing has changed today. We outoplayed them New Years Day and with Morientes and Baros up front have more then enough firepower to send Chelsea out the cup.

Come on you mighty Reds !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:05 am

It's about bloody time other teams start suffering like us regarding injuries....

Sorry if it sounds mean, but this season has been extremely CRUEL to us, heartbreaking even....and it looks like the game against Chelski will be played on a more level playing field in a weeks time....
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:22 am

I think its just about the timing of injuries.

Man U were ****** when they had those injuries and suspensions at the start of the season
We've had some serious injuries all season and I wouldnt say we've been ****** but we've been inconsistent.
Now Chelsea are starting to get some injuries, hopefully they'll collect the premiership (so I can collect some money :D :D) but lose the League Cup Final and get knocked out in the round of 16 by Barcelona.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:28 am

If Chelsea feck it up in the Premiership and let Man Utd win it I'll jump out of my window.

Injuries galore for Chelsea, well it was about time. :D

Injured players:
-Drogba
-Duff
-Gallas
-Robben
-Bridge

:D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:32 am

Terry and Cech are the problem tho, someones got to get round the back of Terry and maybe a 40 yard bullet from Gerrard to get past cech :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:34 am

I refer you back to 2003 when we went into the Carling Cup Final against the Mancs who were flying at the time and we produced a classic performance against a  full strength united. It was only AFTER they lost they called it the Mickey Mouse trophy :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:35 am

Dalglish wrote:I refer you back to 2003 when we went into the Carling Cup Final against the Mancs who were flying at the time and we produced a classic performance against a  full strength united. It was only AFTER they lost they called it the Mickey Mouse trophy :D

What a game that was f@ckin brilliant that day Liverpool were amazing :love:  :love:  :love:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:40 am

The weekend of my life that was , Spent Saturday night in the LFC Hotel enjoying drinks and convenial chat with Phil Thompson, GH and Sammy Lee. Rushie was bladdered as per uusual , big Ron Yeats was reminiscing and had a captive audience and Sam Hamann was what he is ...a total ******  :D

Next day we batter the Mancs with a  scinillating perfromance ...happy days !!!!!!! :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:02 pm

Damien duff out of Chelsea game against Barcelona :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:04 pm

i got barred from 2 pubs that carling cup final day...lol.. bwilliant!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion