The All New ROY HODGSON THREAD - Official "appreciation" thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:10 pm

LFC2007 wrote:There isn't a shred of (reliable) evidence to back up any of the claims made in Igor's post; it relies inference alone. Those who believe all or any of it want to believe it because, amongst other things, it ties in with their own favourable view of Rafa; a view that seeks to absolve him from as much of the blame for the team's past failings as possible.

Bullsh'it....I reckon its made a lot of things fall into place! :nod

There have been more than these things going on behind closed doors!Us fans want to believe that we know everything but we don't and never will....We know what trained PR advisers release to the press and that is all..............the clubs a mess and has been for a while!
We are a laughing stock and in a sense the politics don't really matter....what does matter is how the fu'ck are we gonna get out of it and who is gonna be in charge?and can we trust the owners who appear to be twiddling their thumbs and are spineless!

WE ARE FUC'KED!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:11 pm

what did he do to upset alonso's wife?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Number 9 wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:There isn't a shred of (reliable) evidence to back up any of the claims made in Igor's post; it relies inference alone. Those who believe all or any of it want to believe it because, amongst other things, it ties in with their own favourable view of Rafa; a view that seeks to absolve him from as much of the blame for the team's past failings as possible.

There have been more than these things going on behind closed doors!Us fans want to believe that we know everything but we don't and never will....We know what trained PR advisers release to the press and that is all..............the clubs a mess and has been for a while!
We are a laughing stock and in a sense the politics don't really matter....what does matter is how the fu'ck are we gonna get out of it and who is gonna be in charge?and can we trust the owners who appear to be twiddling their thumbs and are spineless!

WE ARE FUC'KED!

this is a Roy thread for fecks sake, not a fat waiter thread.

Rafa left, he gone, he mucked up with Liverpool, making them a boring club, he did the same at Inter... but Inter got Leonardo who plays decent football, which is why the 3-1 game is the best inter have played since before Rafa.

Give it a rest you bunch of muppets. Rafa made mistakes! He had to go, this is a thread for Roy.

Are you lot that deluded that you just lie to yourself so much you start to believe the bull!!!

Unbelievable!

at least my fellow Root RED is sticking to Roy lol
Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

WE ARE FUC'KED!

this is a Roy thread for fecks sake, not a fat waiter thread.

Rafa left, he gone, he mucked up with Liverpool, making them a boring club, he did the same at Inter... but Inter got Leonardo who plays decent football, which is why the 3-1 game is the best inter have played since before Rafa.

Give it a rest you bunch of muppets. Rafa made mistakes! He had to go, this is a thread for Roy.

Are you lot that deluded that you just lie to yourself so much you start to believe the bull!!!

Unbelievable!

at least my fellow Root RED is sticking to Roy lol

Where did I mention Rafa?
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:15 pm

you are replying to the Igor Rafa fairytale which took over the thread dude.
Oh I dunno, the thread is fecked, the club is fecked, the manager is sh!te, the last manager was sh!te, most of the players are sh!te, it's all... sh!te :D

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld wrote:you are replying to the Igor Rafa fairytale which took over the thread dude.
Oh I dunno, the thread is fecked, the club is fecked, the manager is sh!te, the last manager was sh!te, most of the players are sh!te, it's all... sh!te :D

I believe some of it but not all!

Yeah but you are right with the rest......sadly!

But with the right direction we could be a hell of a lot better and Hodgson has took us further from where we wanna be!

HE HAS TO GO!.......If the new yanks dont sack him within the next few days they can fu,ck off too!
And I dont care if we beat UTD....he still MUST go!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Absolutely, Roy HAS TO GO, its bad on him. He tried his hardest, but was not up to the task, now hes become a hate figure, whcih isnt fair as it was the 2 yank cnuts that brought this about

Postby PabloMedina28 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:50 pm

whichisfair wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Feck off !!!

LMA wants appraisal system
Bevan voices concerns over 'chronic short-termism' in football

..The League Managers Association has suggested that a club appraisal system and a process of written warnings could be a solution to the trend of 'short-termism' in English football.

Seven Football League bosses have lost their job in the last week, while sack speculation is raging over the future of Chelsea's Carlo Ancelotti, Liverpool's Roy Hodgson, Aston Villa's Gerard Houllier and West Ham's Avram Grant.

LMA chief executive Richard Bevan has therefore decided to release an open letter of criticism for the current situation and he has suggested that clubs should follow a system of regular internal assessments.

Bevan said: "No-one is saying that a club should never change manager. The football context changes over time, the circumstances of individual football clubs alter, the goals of employer and employee may no longer match.

"In this unfortunate circumstance, it would seem most sensible for both sides if lessons were adopted from the broader field of human resources to handle this type of situation. Football managers might, for example, like any other type of manager, have regular appraisals.

Hiring and firing
"In these, the strengths and weaknesses of how the football side of the club is performing might be assessed against realistic expectations and previously, mutually agreed goals.

"Should the performance of a manager not match up to the agreed goals, or be judged unsatisfactory on appraisal, then a due process of verbal, followed by a written warning is the correct procedure, before ever reaching the final step of dismissal."

Bevan also believes that a hiring and firing routine does not improve the performance of clubs.

He said: "The figures actually serve to highlight the continued chronic short-termism in football manager employment.

"Statistical evidence suggests that the gains from changing football managers are marginal, if indeed there are any at all, and without doubt the sacking of managers is a costly business to football clubs."

I think he actually raises some valid points, unfortunately none of these apply to Roy. But I would argue that Chelsea are not getting a better manager than Ancelotti, for example, and I think his point about statistics showing that changing managers results in marginal benefits at best is bang on.

The idea of internal performance reviews or whatever though, is just plain stupid. Does he think clubs choose to sack managers before doing any sort of performance review, regardless of how unofficial it may be?

Anyway, his point is well taken, that owners are too quick to change managers these days, even though the evidence suggests that it is not typically all that beneficial.

Unfortunately in Roy's case, I think we could expect more than a marginal improvement with someone else in charge. For all the stick Benitez took, at least he was at the touchline most of the game, giving specific instructions to players, making sure the team kept their shape, etc. He was always yelling something or other, or doing one of his cool hand gestures. Roy just seems out of his depth, standing there hoping the players will sort things out for themselves.

Thats the biggest problem i have with Roy mate, he just stands thier looking like an old man watching the birds (not having a dig at his age be4 anyone says something, thats just the impression i get when i see him regardless of his age) Its so frustrating to see the one guy you want to be giving the players a kick up the backside when they need it looking like he wouldnt say boo to a goose. Its no coincidence that last year when we pushed the self destruct button that Rafa seemed to spend more time on the bench then he ever did before.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:05 pm

The sad reality is that despite inheriting a decent squad (despite what Roy says to anyone who will listen), the manager has inherited a club and a job too big for him. Maybe when he was younger and the game was different he may well have fared better but he's out of his depth and thats obvious to see from his body language at times.

"weallliveinaperrygrovesworld" if my memory serves me well your teams fans werent exactry patience personiofied when Rioch was manager there so taking the moral high ground at a time when LFC are genuinely hurting.

Yes, I wish fans could articulate themselves better but criticising the style in which they communicate their views whilst agreeing with the sentiment is a cheap shot mate and i think you know it ! ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld wrote:you are replying to the Igor Rafa fairytale which took over the thread dude.

You're talkin' shyte! *cough* Dawson *cough*
Last edited by Emerald Red on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Dalglish wrote:The sad reality is that despite inheriting a decent squad (despite what Roy says to anyone who will listen), the manager has inherited a club and a job too big for him. Maybe when he was younger and the game was different he may well have fared better but he's out of his depth and thats obvious to see from his body language at times.

"weallliveinaperrygrovesworld" if my memory serves me well your teams fans werent exactry patience personiofied when Rioch was manager there so taking the moral high ground at a time when LFC are genuinely hurting.

Yes, I wish fans could articulate themselves better but criticising the style in which they communicate their views whilst agreeing with the sentiment is a cheap shot mate and i think you know it ! ???

Ian, he doesnt support Arsenal mate  :D

Anyway, i agree about Roy, he is out of his depth and its clear to see. The sooner he is put out of his misery the better and i genuinely think he is surprised to still be here.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby PabloMedina28 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Zidane wrote:Makes me sick how quickly a lot of the fans have turned on the owners already, ffs.

I know all they did was get rid of the Cancer and rid us of the massive debt which was crippling us. Even if they didnt give us a dime (which wont be the case) Atleast now all the profits we make off the pitch from different sponsors etc. can now be freed up to spend on players without selling first.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Emerald Red wrote:

You're talkin' shyte! *cough* Dawson *cough*

so you werent all bleating about rafa, not Roy?

my bad  :D

Postby Dalglish » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Dalglish wrote:The sad reality is that despite inheriting a decent squad (despite what Roy says to anyone who will listen), the manager has inherited a club and a job too big for him. Maybe when he was younger and the game was different he may well have fared better but he's out of his depth and thats obvious to see from his body language at times.

Ian, he doesnt support Arsenal mate  :D

Anyway, i agree about Roy, he is out of his depth and its clear to see. The sooner he is put out of his misery the better and i genuinely think he is surprised to still be here.

:D

I know he doesn't ...............well I do now, he just PM'd me.

Apologies offered as I was responding to some comments by aforementioned Poster, posted on Page 1. i should have made that clear............ :oops:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:35 pm

Yay??  :D  :D  Oh hang on  :down:  :down:  :down:
worcester_red

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion