The All New ROY HODGSON THREAD - Official "appreciation" thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:57 pm

On Igor's post: not Earth shattering material; certainly not anything in there that can be proven or disproven otherwise. It just all seems to tie in conventiently, though, to what a lot of people have felt and witnessed. It also doesn't contradict some of the other stories that's been heard about what's went on inside Anfield recently. It's interesting stuff, and I'd fully well believe it. Nothing surprises me now regarding the club lately.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:00 pm

feckin parry
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:01 pm

the stuff in igors post regarding Gerrard if true are a major concern.
Their have been rumours that Gerrard and Carra had a say in who came in and if its true they do have far to much power.

I dont believe alot of the article if i am honest its far to one sided.
The stuff about Crouch etc.
I do believe the Torres situation could easily be true though, to be honest it's hard to understand what's happened with Torres if that isnt true.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld wrote:dont worry RED, hopefully Liverpool will lose to the Mancs and you can add to your hilarious array of anti Liverpool pictures by your sig

Cmon Lad get it right ... ANTI ROY pictures  :D
If you can find any post in the last six years where I openly stated I or wished the Reds to lose any game ...then I will gladly suffocate (quietly in their sleep ) any name you give me on your dead pool ....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:03 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld wrote:dont worry RED, hopefully Liverpool will lose to the Mancs and you can add to your hilarious array of anti Liverpool pictures by your sig

If you can find any post in the last six years where I openly stated I or wished the Reds to lose any game ...then I will gladly suffocate (quietly in their sleep ) any name you give me on your dead pool ....

apologies, you're fan of the year mate  :wwww
Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:05 pm

Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

Which year  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:12 pm

RE Igors post:  The worst part about that and the most believeable part, is that Rafa was forced to do business with clubs that owed us money.  Purslow, hicks and Gillett were always lying about money.
We all know 30m came in for Alonso as well as money for Arbeloa etc.  What did we spend?

About 8 or 9 for Johnson.. taking off the Crouch money.
5M up front for Aqua with lots of add on's.   

And i also believe the part about Purslow not wanting Aqua played cos it could trigger add on's.

Does anyone know when Jonjo Shelvey made his premier league debut?  I heard that game would trigger an add on fee.  i bet it was after NESV arrived too.

Just checked this:  Yes there was an add on when Shelvey played his first PL game and yes it was after NESV arrived.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:As for current situation it seems Deschamps does want to come here and manage us but definately not until the summer due to the CL . He also wants to bring his own staff with him but wants to keep reserve manager and youth coaches .

I thought Deschamps had said he deffo does not want to leave his current club. 

I think he could be a good manager for us, where have you heard that he wants to come?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

Which year  :D

Every year!!!

We all want him gone dude, just need a new start
Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:16 pm

jacdaniel wrote:RE Igors post:  The worst part about that and the most believeable part, is that Rafa was forced to do business with clubs that owed us money.  Purslow, hicks and Gillett were always lying about money.
We all know 30m came in for Alonso as well as money for Arbeloa etc.  What did we spend?

And i also believe the part about Purslow not wanting Aqua played cos it could trigger add on's.

Does anyone know when Jonjo Shelvey made his premier league debut?  I heard that game would trigger an add on fee.  i bet it was after NESV arrived too.

Just checked this:  Yes there was an add on when Shelvey played his first PL game and yes it was after NESV arrived.

Or it could be because he doesnt look anyway near ready ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:RE Igors post:  The worst part about that and the most believeable part, is that Rafa was forced to do business with clubs that owed us money.  Purslow, hicks and Gillett were always lying about money.

Or it could be because he doesnt look anyway near ready ?

Well that too.  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Hasn't he gone yet? The new man in waiting obviously doesn't want to come in against the mancs. On the bright side I have a new Iphone4 and it's amazing.  I just need to learn how to use it now. 

:D
roberto green

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:30 pm

will we have a full on united fanbase when he goes (excuse my use of the word :D )

I honestly just sift through this thread looking for the post that says hes gone now. I want us to all get behind the boys and show our support, hopefully a new gaffer can make us forget the old Roy/Rafa debate and let us move on swiftly. It's gonna take time to recover from all of this but together, it'll be a breeze :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby glenbuck patriot » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby roberto green » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:37 pm

glenbuck patriot wrote:Classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeqiLAM7ujA

How dare you....

How dare you beat me to that youtube clip, I was just about to post it.

roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion