The All New ROY HODGSON THREAD - Official "appreciation" thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:28 pm

bavlondon wrote:wtf are you on about Lakes. They didn;t work under the last manager either? They won the European Cup under the last manager and came close to winning the league. How on earth can you compare 1 bad season with being 4 points of the bottom? Your deluded mate.

it's not one bad season, and it's notthe same squad either. Over the last couple of years we've lost Masch, Alonso and Hyypia...have any of these guys been replaced? No.

The delusion lies with people who think this is still a side that can finish 2nd in the league, it isn't. We've replaced star players with dross.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:28 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:it was posted on other forums last night that after meetings with the players they all backed him and he was staying.

Do they look like they back him? Do they play for him? The answer is a big fat, the proof is in the pudding, they dont like him or his methods only his buys will like him Konchesky and Poulson, Reina and Torres want to leave because of him !!!

and you can back this up with what exactly?

The feedback in the press is the squad like Roy, they respect him and feel he's the fall guy for the last manger and owners.

that's a FACT.

so because the media said so, you believe it's the truth?  :laugh:

grow up...  :glare:

err...no, becauase i AM a journalist and i believe what my friends in the indsutry tell me.

so you're saying that you journalists don't take rumours and stretch them as truths?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Rafa...he's gone, get over it...blah, blah, blah..."  :p

Now that is  a  FACT
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:33 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
bavlondon wrote:wtf are you on about Lakes. They didn;t work under the last manager either? They won the European Cup under the last manager and came close to winning the league. How on earth can you compare 1 bad season with being 4 points of the bottom? Your deluded mate.

it's not one bad season, and it's notthe same squad either. Over the last couple of years we've lost Masch, Alonso and Hyypia...have any of these guys been replaced? No.

The delusion lies with people who think this is still a side that can finish 2nd in the league, it isn't. We've replaced star players with dross.

And whos fault was that? That's what happens when you prioritise paying off the debt over investing money from sales back into the team.

Fair enough if FSG want to be patient and not make a knee jerk reaction but honestly do they think Kenny couldn't do any better than Roy? All he does it sit on the touchline and rub his face.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:34 pm

maguskwt wrote:so you're saying that you journalists don't take rumours and stretch them as truths?

No, it happens all the time. Usually with second hand sources.

But i've had a chat with a few guys and they've told me:

-NESV is reluctant to hire Kenny as caretaker; he wants the job full time and they don’t want to get into a scenario where they have to push Kenny out after his caretaker time because he’s a fan favourite and it'll most likely sour relations.

-The player support Roy

-NESV have a long term replacement to Roy in mind, but he’s unwilling to leave his current clubs untill the summer
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:36 pm

7_Kewell wrote:the journos stories are based mostly on 'off the record' comments from the players themselves. Although Gerrard, being Captain, goes on the record too.

It's not about being endeared to anyone, it's about the fact Liverpool FC is in decline and it's easy to blame it all on Roy's time over the last 6 months. I'm not saying he's up to the job, he clearly isn't, but he's a comparatively small mistake in comparison to the catalogue of huge f**k ups over the last few years.

1st big f**k up was G & H
The final big f**k up was the caretaker Purslow rubber stamping the appointment of Roy Hodgson ..the media demi god and manager of the year..."what a nice guy..lets put an english gent in charge of Liverpool snigger snigger"

english journo's trumpet all things english as if they are the best and quite clearly, they are not

It wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard attempts to show some allegiance to Roy because he was the biggest trumpeter of all....it just goes too show "you may have magic in your boots but sawdust in your brain"
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:37 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
maguskwt wrote:so you're saying that you journalists don't take rumours and stretch them as truths?

-NESV is reluctant to hire Kenny as caretaker; he wants the job full time and they don’t want to get into a scenario where they have to push Kenny out after his caretaker time because he’s a fan favourite and it'll most likely sour relations.

-The player support Roy

-NESV have a long term replacement to Roy in mind, but he’s unwilling to leave his current clubs untill the summer

Any idea who the long term replacement is?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:38 pm

bavlondon wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

-The player support Roy

Any idea who the long term replacement is?

none, sorry. I've asked around and everyone gives me a different answer  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:38 pm

laza wrote:

Now that is  a  FACT

He's not because I saw him this morning dropping his kids off at school :D
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:41 pm

supersub wrote:
laza wrote:

Now that is  a  FACT

you should really stop stalking his family  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 pm

7_Kewell wrote:

-The player support Roy

Do your sources have any info about the alleged fracas on the coach and the "rumour" that SG had a little arguement with Roy ? ???
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:47 pm

whichisfair wrote:There are lots of other people like me, who never miss a game but can't realistically be there in person. Maybe those who are staying away are taking their opportunity to be a part of this great club for granted for the sake of kicking an old man while he's down.

I'll say it again. He is GOING TO BE SACKED. If you think NESV are the type of people who are going to panic and let the timing be dictated by reactionary fans then you are sorely mistaken. The wheels are in motion, and this drama that you and other fans are creating neither helps the club move forward, nor is it particularly intelligent.

On the other hand, yanks out! Let's see who will want to touch the club with a ten foot pole after we oust NESV for their lack of "bollox".

You actually believe your summary  holds water , and yet you have never  (through no fault of your own ) attended a game ,and you  seriously expect your words to have any credence with supporters who have spent their lives following the Reds ?
Unfortunately in this particular case there is condescending and then there is you and your ilk ...... Your reply was fair up to a point ,and then you proffered your ill conceived views on the intelligence or apparent lack of it of fans you know fuck all about ..... that just slots you nicely in the internet know all collective ...................
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:47 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
supersub wrote:
laza wrote:

Now that is  a  FACT

you should really stop stalking his family  :D

not stalking ...just happen to live & work in the area....stalking is you department...see gates at Melwood in this weather :laugh:
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:50 pm

supersub wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

-The player support Roy

Do your sources have any info about the alleged fracas on the coach and the "rumour" that SG had a little arguement with Roy ? ???

Players and managers argue on a daily basis everywhere, bar Man utd. It's nothing new and only makes it into stories if a team's doing badly.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:09 pm

its sayin on ssn now that it was the clubs decision to cancel the press conference to take Hodgson out of the firing line as they wanted to concentrate on the match Sunday.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion