LIVERPOOL VS CSKA MOSCOW  ( super cup final) - All related

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:13 pm

happy birthday st mick.....in a bit early arent you :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:13 pm

maybe this result will stop the " liverpool can,t play when gerrard,s not playing "everytime in the london media
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:14 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:
i'd get rid of Mellor first....then bring in Owen and use 4 strikers in rotation.  Cisse, Crouch, Nando, Owen....that would be some stikeforce!

Manhattan agrees.  :alien:

I'll second that as well!
Gracias King Rafa

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:16 pm

drummerphil wrote:happy birthday st mick.....in a bit early arent you :D

well i have been in the pub since six. i'm saving myself to be honest. gonna be a large one tomorrow night. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby neilE » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:17 pm

mighty mo wrote:maybe this result will stop the " liverpool can,t play when gerrard,s not playing "everytime in the london media

maybe so, but we were AWFUL for most of that game. And it's looking like the player who made a difference is going to be sold - so the jolly London press will have even more reason to call us a 1 man team!
neilE

Postby mikopool » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:18 pm

Knowing Rafa he would probably sell Cisse tommorow without thinking twice if he found a good price, thats the unfortunate reality.

On a lighter note, I am really glad my comment a few pages back was completely off, well done lads.!!
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Pinguinobetico » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:21 pm

I saw the whole match, i can say that if liverpool dont change Betis is playing better than liverpool now. I'm objective i think it will be hard for liverpool to win here, but with steven i think liverpool will change his play. Be careful with Betis counter-attacks because they are very dangerous...

Good luck with chelsea and anderletch  :laugh:
Pinguinobetico

Postby neilE » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:23 pm

We won the cup, and I'm not going to belittle that - that was LFC out there - playing as EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!

Unfortunately, the way we played tonight is not going to have Spurs & Betis quaking in there boots ???
neilE

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:30 pm

i think the performance was alright as we kept alot of possesion, but as ive said time and time again WE HAVE NO CREATIVITY, that along with CSKA getting 40men behind the ball we didnt create anything for 80mins. How average zenden looks, ive always said hes an average player and does an average job, i know he was moved to LB but hes still rubbish in my opinion, we should stick with warnock at LB and risse at LM. When he took alonso off (the only player with a creative mind along with gerrard IMO) i thought oh no!, we have seen hamman and momo in the centre together b4 and it didnt work, but im glad that man cisse come on, and pongolle as they made all the difference. Momo was quality again hes a great signing, and moro his usual self absolute :censored:. anyway we won thats what counts, and i would have wrote alot more than this if we lost, peace.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby Pinguinobetico » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:34 pm

I see Liverpool Premier League matches and Champions matches too and i think that Rafa is buying 2 many spanish players and the team is playing sometimes like spanish international team which plays very slow and controls too many time the ball, that is the most common problem of spanish clubs... I have to admit that liverpool has more chances to win our match because but Betis has hardly ever a solid defense, but betis could be a bit scared of Liverpool but i dont think so...

Congratulations 4 the supercup  :grinning:
Pinguinobetico

Postby neilE » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:44 pm

Pinguinobetico wrote:I see Liverpool Premier League matches and Champions matches too and i think that Rafa is buying 2 many spanish players and the team is playing sometimes like spanish international team which plays very slow and controls too many time the ball, that is the most common problem of spanish clubs... I have to admit that liverpool has more chances to win our match because but Betis has hardly ever a solid defense, but betis could be a bit scared of Liverpool but i dont think so...

nice to see you on here mate. Looking forward to the games against Betis - don't suppose you could have a word about selling us Joaquin before then, could you? I know we've got  a lot of Spanish players already, but we'd be really grateful.........
neilE

Postby Pinguinobetico » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:50 pm

LOOOL Chelsky is the team who wanted to buy joaquin but our president Lopera who is 4 most of betis supporters our idol  :bowdown didnt buy him. Chelsea offered 30 millions euros + or -. I think liverpool need a player like oliveira, joaquin need help to defense...

My avatar is joaquin and the joaquininha  :laugh:
Pinguinobetico

Postby Alonso14 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:50 pm

Pinguinobetico wrote:I see Liverpool Premier League matches and Champions matches too and i think that Rafa is buying 2 many spanish players and the team is playing sometimes like spanish international team which plays very slow and controls too many time the ball, that is the most common problem of spanish clubs... I have to admit that liverpool has more chances to win our match because but Betis has hardly ever a solid defense, but betis could be a bit scared of Liverpool but i dont think so...

You know i think you might be right. YOu could actully go through at the expense of either us or chelsea. Hopefuly rafa will know his tactics because of his time in spain tho.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pinguinobetico » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:57 pm

Rafa knows Betis very well 4 sure but wen he was valencia's coach Betis was not the same team as today. This year was Betis revolution with our new Coach (Serra Ferrer) , oliveira and Edu but Rafa (my namesake  :laugh: ) should know betis without problem
Pinguinobetico

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:58 pm

a differnt game we saw when cisse came on, we actually broke the defense and put it into the box. Its only a few days left so i guess we will see. I would definately keep cisse, and morientes(i believe he can improve).
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion