3 games in 8 days

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:24 pm

Just realised our game against Portsmouth is on tuesday I reckon easy 3 points for us, they have been abit shaky since Harrys gone.
Tomorrows a big one we need these 3 points badly so everton dont go further, there run needs to come to end, I know they have a point to prove over Rooney and they are fighting for the cause, but a few injuries and it will come to a grinding halt, a must win for us tomorrow, pity we got a draw last week :(  would have been 2 more points than 1, oh well time to play catch up.
And then Newcastle next sunday another big game we should beat them but they arnt in the best position either, I know everton got a draw there, but newcastle outclassed them and where the better team, bit like us last week against villa.
We would want all 9 points from these 3 games.
I reckon a draw and 2 wins out of these three games.
Tomorrow we will be on a high from qualifying but tired legs may set in, and everton will kick us off the park.
How about playing some reserves against portsmouth? I would give whitbread, Potter, Walsh, and Warnock a run out, what do you lot think?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:37 pm

Play our best eleven (if fit) . We can't afford to let any points slip away if we aim to finish in the top 4 . (notice I said 4  :(  )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:17 pm

How about playing some reserves against portsmouth? I would give whitbread, Potter, Walsh, and Warnock a run out, what do you lot think?

You're not drunk are you? This is not a friendly game here Lynds, we need all three points, playing the youngsters would be a risk. Portsmouth will be in high spirits after winning two crucial games.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:33 pm

and they're only 3 poiints behind us with the same number of games. they're not such a bad side, even though they're still scraping diouf's gob off their kit.

the manager may have gone but how many times does a team go on a good run in a situation like that?

but also, yes, i'd like to see warnock get a bit more action.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:34 pm

A.B. wrote:

You're not drunk are you? This is not a friendly game here Lynds, we need all three points, playing the youngsters would be a risk. Portsmouth will be in high spirits after winning two crucial games.

:D No not drunk tonight A.B. savin meself for tomorrow :cool: .
I just think we cant play our best 11 in the portsmouth game as newcastle are much stronger and hey our youth beat Spurs and they need a chance in the first team aswell.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:36 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
A.B. wrote:

:D No not drunk tonight A.B. savin meself for tomorrow :cool: .
I just think we cant play our best 11 in the portsmouth game as newcastle are much stronger and hey our youth beat Spurs and they need a chance in the first team aswell.

Lynds Newcastle have been getting crushed for the past three weeks. Now I don't expect them to be a walk over but we can't risk resting our players in the Premiership at this point of time, one slip and we are going down the table. Fergie made a bad decision by resting his players and using reserves against Fenerbache and look what happened.

We need the points, and even though our youngsters beat Tottenham they could easily get crushed. This is not the time to risk points especilly at home.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:02 pm

Portsmouth is our game in hand and we need to make sure we get all 3 points to keep in touch with the leading pack. 5 matches in 15 days will stretch our resources, therefore we must make sure we go for an early kill then we can afford to cruise and rest some players after an hour or so. Me want all 9 points but 7 ain't that bad all things considered.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion