Strikers! - Whats all the fuss about?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:57 pm

Many people are getting worried about the lack of foward players we have at the club, wondering what we will do until january.

I'm not that worried, even if we don't get anyone in January.

Baros/Pongolle
                              Garcia/Kewell

Riise/Warnock   Alonso   Gerrard   Nunez/Finnan

Reserve Stiker:Mellor

With Riise making the LM his own and Nunez set to come in on the RM we have enough cover.

Also this would mean that Pongolle and maybe Mellor will get a chance to prove there good enough to be part of Rafa's plans, if not, off you go in the summer. And in my opinion Kewell getting a chance to play in his best position.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:55 pm

I tend to agree that the problem is not as acute as first thought. Both Garcia and Kewell are capable of filling in, and Pongolle deserves a run.

Pongolle has shown glimpses of improvement in the brief runs he has had this year and I think there comes a stage where a manager has to bite the bullet and give youth a chance.

Of course I'd be looking for a new forward in January, but I think Garcia, Pongolle and Kewell between them will get us by until then.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 67-1098209959 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:08 pm

I also agree this is a chance to see if Pongolle and Mellor are up to it, if there not we shift them at the end of the season.

Also Baros can play as the main striker and Garcia and Kewell can fight it out to play in their best positions.
67-1098209959

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:37 pm

Our midfield can also get the job done. So far most of our midfielders have been chipping in goals, I'm sure they can continue to that especilly with Gerrard returning. Not all doom and gloom.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:50 pm

A.B. wrote:Our midfield can also get the job done. So far most of our midfielders have been chipping in goals, I'm sure they can continue to that especilly with Gerrard returning. Not all doom and gloom.

Don't forget own goals(andrade)!

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:31 pm

Agree! :)
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:47 pm

i think we're a bit hangover since we once had plenty of class strikers in owen, cisse, baros etc and now suddenly things are changed rapidly.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 69-1067957946 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:15 pm

I agree that this is a chance to see if Pongolle and Mellor are good enough. We have 2 months till the window, their bound to get the chances, if Mellor ain't good enough now he never will be, Pongolle has just turned 20 so he sould be able to compete and make an impact, if not they can both pack their bags in the summer, and some youth players can get a chance in the reserves.
69-1067957946

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion