Kuyt, Bellamy
7%
Crouch, Bellamy
6%
Kuyt, Crouch, Bellamy
32%

Total votes : 71

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:44 pm

how can people say kuyt needs a better goal return?

firstly hes not playing as an out and out striker.

secondly its his first season, name me one foreign striker other than the horse or klinsman who scored loads in their first season?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:38 pm

LittleHobo wrote:how can people say kuyt needs a better goal return?

firstly hes not playing as an out and out striker.

secondly its his first season, name me one foreign striker other than the horse or klinsman who scored loads in their first season?

Henry, Viduka, Berbatov, Bergkamp, Martins, van Nistlerooy, Overmars (more of a winger).

I'm sick of excuses. Excuses are why we haven't won a title in 17 years. Not good enough. End of.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby barnesrush » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:20 pm

only drogba, ronaldo, rooney and mccarthy have scored more premiership goals than kuyt this season. hes already scored 2 more than drogba in his first season
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:19 pm

about a month ago i was of the opinion that crouch would be sold this summer for the right price. he still may be but i very much doubt it after his excellent recent form. he's also irreplacable because lets face it, there's nobody else out there like crouch.

bellamy will be off i'm sure of it.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby club_Levis » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:52 pm

barnesrush wrote:. hes already scored 2 more than drogba in his first season

So what..? Kuyt cant even lace Drogba's boots if you by any chance trying to compare the two players.
club_Levis

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:13 pm

I voted for Kuyt and Crouch.

Don't rate Bellamy at all..... not entirely based on footballing ability but overall, I never liked him as a person and personally felt that it was a huge mistake that Rafa signed him..... Causes no end of problems with his personality and character issues both on and off the field... and IMO, a liability to the club....I know that there are many here who don't give a stuff bout all that... so for them, let me make my footballing point as follows...

Data was calculated taken from the BBC website.... and included both starting and substitute appearances... (substitute appearances, I put a weighted value of half a starting appearance)

From the charts, it's obvious that Bellamy is the weakest of the 3.
Of course data can be interpreted to suits one's argument of course, so i'll let you guys decide for themselves..
ConnO'var

Postby grayghost » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:31 pm

redhayesy wrote:
grayghost wrote:I would not be to dissaponted if all the strikers were sold this season

give me solid evidence,or any justification to your pathetic post & you might get some sensible opinions come back,how many games have you seen this year ? :veryangry

I have watched every single game and in a lot they just bored the :censored: out of me. the reason we are 3rd is we don't score many goals the statisics show that Crouch has done well but will be plan B or C next season and i think it would be better for us to cash in and try to make a profit while he is popular. I mean look at the strikers are rivals have compard to the  strikers we have . For crouch they have Drogba for belamy they have Henry for Dirk k they have Rooney and so on and so forth. pennant,gonsalez,Zenden That is are talent from wide they have /Ronaldo / giggs/ Hleb/ Roisky/ Robben/ J Cole. We will not sell all of are strikers but if we did i would't shed a tear ( When i said all Strikers that does't include GOD)
grayghost

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:43 pm

grayghost wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
grayghost wrote:I would not be to dissaponted if all the strikers were sold this season

give me solid evidence,or any justification to your pathetic post & you might get some sensible opinions come back,how many games have you seen this year ? :veryangry

I have watched every single game and in a lot they just bored the :censored: out of me. the reason we are 3rd is we don't score many goals the statisics show that Crouch has done well but will be plan B or C next season and i think it would be better for us to cash in and try to make a profit while he is popular. I mean look at the strikers are rivals have compard to the  strikers we have . For crouch they have Drogba for belamy they have Henry for Dirk k they have Rooney and so on and so forth. pennant,gonsalez,Zenden That is are talent from wide they have /Ronaldo / giggs/ Hleb/ Roisky/ Robben/ J Cole. We will not sell all of are strikers but if we did i would't shed a tear ( When i said all Strikers that does't include GOD)

I hear you lad and see where you're coming from, but have to disagree bout Kuyt.... despite the fact that he's not gotten good service from the flanks and that our current style of play does not suit his style, he's still got a pretty good goals per game ratio... plus there's his oft discussed work ethic.... With better personnel down the flanks, I think that he's liable to do a lot better next year... I'd definitely stick with him.....

Also, Crouch has been steadily improving since he's been with us.... I'm the 1st to admit that I wasn't exactly over the moon when we 1st bought him but I'm happy to say that I was wrong.... he's an asset and offers a different option against different opponents... especially in Europe.... He's an ideal squad player and we should deffo hold on to him....
ConnO'var

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:07 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
grayghost wrote:
redhayesy wrote:

I hear you lad and see where you're coming from, but have to disagree bout Kuyt.... despite the fact that he's not gotten good service from the flanks and that our current style of play does not suit his style, he's still got a pretty good goals per game ratio... plus there's his oft discussed work ethic.... With better personnel down the flanks, I think that he's liable to do a lot better next year... I'd definitely stick with him.....

Also, Crouch has been steadily improving since he's been with us.... I'm the 1st to admit that I wasn't exactly over the moon when we 1st bought him but I'm happy to say that I was wrong.... he's an asset and offers a different option against different opponents... especially in Europe.... He's an ideal squad player and we should deffo hold on to him....

I tell you what lad, don't even slate the service this season. Its been the best service any front men will have had since under Roy Evans. Had Robbie been at his best in this team we'd be watching him score 40+ goals every season. Some of the crossing from Pennant, Finnan, Aurelio and Gerrard this season has been top class.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:25 pm

I've voted for Crouch and Kuyt. Crouch has shown us all what he is capable of in the last few games, and he can be quite a handful for any defender (just ask Kolo Toure :D ). Kuyt has had a decent first season notching up 12 goals so far in the league. I believe he'll improve even more next season, so no reason to get rid of him. Seeing as we have already snapped up Voronin and I desperately hope we get hold of a top notch striker (David Villa please!) I would then get rid of Bellamy, even though he does posess some threat due to his pace, which the other strikers don't have (well Villa isn't exactly slow though either). Robbie I hope will retire and stay on as a coach for our strikers, though that is another topic.
JamCar05

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:52 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:

Also, Crouch has been steadily improving since he's been with us.... I'm the 1st to admit that I wasn't exactly over the moon when we 1st bought him but I'm happy to say that I was wrong.... he's an asset and offers a different option against different opponents... especially in Europe.... He's an ideal squad player and we should deffo hold on to him....[/quote]
I tell you what lad, don't even slate the service this season. Its been the best service any front men will have had since under Roy Evans. Had Robbie been at his best in this team we'd be watching him score 40+ goals every season. Some of the crossing from Pennant, Finnan, Aurelio and Gerrard this season has been top class.[/quote]
I disagree..... I've watched neigh on all the reds games this season, albeit on telly.... and that's not what I see.....

With this current squad throughout the season, I found the service to be inadequate.....

Aurelio finally started to find his feet towards the tail end and did provide good service but then he got injured and that ceased. Over the whole season however, he's only been slightly better than average.... not slating the lad as I feel he's a good acquisition.... just took time to bed in, that's all... looking forward to see if he can do as well again once back form injury......

Gerrard very rarely provides the traditional crosses from the wings.... his game invariably means that he'll cut inside and try to find an opening from the area around the edge of the box of whichever wing he's operating on..... I can only recall a few times (not miniscule contribution in this area of course, but you get the gist I'm sure) when he's actually provided the killer cross from the flanks....

Finnan also very rarely raided forward this season, though he has provided a few quality balls so I'll give you that one....

Pennant? This is probably gonna spark an argument as I know you really rate him.... but for me he's been decidedly average over the course of the season..... he's improved towards the tail end and I'm pleased to see that.... but for me he's too often whipped in balls without looking at the target men's position and invariably the crosses come to nought.... he lacks the "smarts" to be a truly quality winger..... mentally and emotionally, he strikes me as a very weak person from what I've seen and in my book, that's the reason why he'll never be more than an above average winger for us... a stop gap solution that Rafa took.... one which I seriously disagreed with at the time of his signing and till today, I've not seen anything in him to change my opinion, though I live in hope that he proves me wrong if he remains in the red of LFC....

Overall, IMO, the service from the flanks have been no worse but certainy not much better than last season..... With better quality in this area, it's my belief that Kuyt could come to the fore next season....
ConnO'var

Postby grayghost » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:11 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
grayghost wrote:
redhayesy wrote:

How many headers has Dirk got this season not many he may have had some joy out there in Holland but in England he is strugling to out jump and out think his markers. He goes way to long with out scoreing through out the season. And if working hard was all that you needed to be at liverpool then any one with love for the club could play.

We payed the same money for Dirk than what spurs payed for Berbatov that is the kind of player we needed not some one who runs arond like a headless Chicken out side the box
grayghost

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:14 pm

grayghost wrote:We payed the same money for Dirk than what spurs payed for Berbatov that is the kind of player we needed not some one who runs arond like a headless Chicken out side the box

what you mean that headless chicken who's scored more premiership goals this season than berbatov? ???
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby grayghost » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:15 pm

Yes him the player the top teams are gona pay 20 mil for
grayghost

Postby grayghost » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:26 pm

stmichael wrote:
grayghost wrote:We payed the same money for Dirk than what spurs payed for Berbatov that is the kind of player we needed not some one who runs arond like a headless Chicken out side the box

what you mean that headless chicken who's scored more premiership goals this season than berbatov? ???

So What you are saying is that you think Dirk is better than Berbatov he may have more prem goals yes but berbatov has more all together and has made chances for his strikers a lot more than Kuyt to.

sell Dirk for Berbatov.  :nod
grayghost

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion