Kuyt, Bellamy
7%
Crouch, Bellamy
6%
Kuyt, Crouch, Bellamy
32%

Total votes : 71

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:17 am

Of the following combinations which one do you feel IS "good enough" In the sense that they  should stick around and play regularly next season. Also note that for the purpose of the poll a player can be deemed "not good enough" but not NEEDED to be sold in the summer.  I know there is already a LOT of discussion on this topic, but I just would like to see what the statistics are of people's opinion.

As a lot will notice Fowler is not included.  This does not mean I don't think that he is not good enough, but with voronnin coming in and all of the rumors of Australia and America wanting him and that his contract is going to be up and he hardly plays as much as he should, I would be very surprised if he stayed.
JoeTerp

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:45 am

only crouch and bellamy in your list should be here next season, although no doubt rafa will persist with kuyt.

our problem up front is that we dont have a world class finisher. if we look back (i wont go back too far) we had rush, followed by fowler, followed by owen, all of these players were world class finishers and we dont have that at the moment
112-1077774096

Postby Effes » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:48 am

I went for Kuyt, Crouch, Bellamy.

Even though he's done well, I can't take to Crouch.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:48 am

I seem to be in a minority of one that reckons Voronin will turn out quite a useful, if not exactly prolific addition. I think there will be a place in the squad for the type of game he offers. And while its clear he will not start too many games. Those that he will be involved in should yield a fair amount of benefit given that as a deep lying Forward, his industry should allow the likes of Kuyt to push higher up and do the necessary with far greater regularity than he has been able to so far in a much more destructive and influential area of the park.  He does this for Holland and for me he is wasted outside the box dropping into midfield and working the channels. If Kuyt is the nearest thing we have to a 'finisher' then i believe we are going to have to augment his services with something at least better than him in that department. Crouch and Bellamy offer different flavours that are able to dovetail reasonably well.  But up top it is crystal clear - Liverpool are compromised heavily and need a clinical goal machine that will provide a ratio far in excess of the current crop.  None of the existing personnel completely fill that role at present.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:52 am

peewee wrote:only crouch and bellamy in your list should be here next season,

why didnt you vote for crouch bellmay? they don't have any votes yet
JoeTerp

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:31 am

JoeTerp wrote:
peewee wrote:only crouch and bellamy in your list should be here next season,

why didnt you vote for crouch bellmay? they don't have any votes yet

stick a brush up my @rse and i will sweep up as well if you like    :D

ok mate voted now, i normally dont bother voting in the polls but since you asked nicely and i keep thinking of chris farley when i read your posts then i have voted     :D
112-1077774096

Postby Lucky » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:03 am

red37 wrote:But up top it is crystal clear - Liverpool are compromised heavily and need a clinical goal machine that will provide a ratio far in excess of the current crop.  None of the existing personnel completely fill that role at present.

Agreed. :(
Joe, it's not easy to take such a poll. If we can sign some really great forwards this summer, I guess at least one or two of current ones will have to leave. No doubt.
Anyway, have voted Bellamy for your statistics reference.
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:29 am

Yea, I agree that if we sign a world class striker than one of the three will probably leave.  But thats why I did the poll, to determine if most people think that we NEED to add 2 or 1 or 3 new guys.  I am guessing that if the poll was done by lots of people it would show what the forum consensus is on who should leave.  But I guess its a chicken and egg situation in that is it possible that based on who we bring in and their abilities that we would get rid of a different striker? or just whoever is 3rd best would get the boot.  I also think its most people's opinions not to sell anybody without bringing in somebody else first to replace them.

Oh and thanks peewee, cuz if you don't vote you'll be living in VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!
JoeTerp

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:31 am

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:47 am

I've voted for the three of them. But, in Crouch and Kuyt's cases they'd get more games than Bellamy.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:10 am

These seem to be VERY interesting results.  At the time of the post the choice seems clearly leaning towards keep everyone and play them pretty regularly.  This means if we bring in a world class striker which most people have said we need to do, one of those three would  be the 4th striker and Voronnin would be the 5th.  I know all three posses different qualities that can be useful against certain teams but surely the transfer value of whoever is considered the 4th striker would be higher than the value he would contribute to the team in that role. Unless Rafa rotates whoever plays with the new WC player a lot, but then it would be hard for any of them to get HOT and in form.  I guess it could be valuable as backup incase of injuries but that seems like voronin's role
JoeTerp

Postby F9WLER » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:34 am

Whys Fowler not in there!! He a feckin Legend!! Im his no.1 fan!! Hes GOD!!

4 those tat r red rejoice 4 they ave seen GOD!!
F9WLER

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:37 am

I think I properly explained why he isn't in the list.  Although I do think that he is quality and think its a shame that he will probably be leaving after the season and that he didnt get to play more. Another point is that if fowler was on the list the amount of combinations would have been a lot higher
JoeTerp

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:38 am

i voted for Crouch and Kuyt who are both good players i think. Bellamy is just an average paceman who can be easily replaced.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:47 am

i voted all 3, mainly because i want to give bellamy another season injury-free, and also kuyt too.

Now that they have all settled into our "system" and they know how we play and all that, i just dont want too many players "settling" in next season, especially since i think the wings are also important to rebuild.
I dunno why but i think Bellamy can do well here....but if the right money comes for any one of them id take it.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion