Kuyt, Crouch, Bellamy
32%

Total votes : 71

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:27 pm

grayghost wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:
grayghost wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
grayghost wrote:I would not be to dissaponted if all the strikers were sold this season

give me solid evidence,or any justification to your pathetic post & you might get some sensible opinions come back,how many games have you seen this year ? :veryangry

I have watched every single game and in a lot they just bored the :censored: out of me. the reason we are 3rd is we don't score many goals the statisics show that Crouch has done well but will be plan B or C next season and i think it would be better for us to cash in and try to make a profit while he is popular. I mean look at the strikers are rivals have compard to the  strikers we have . For crouch they have Drogba for belamy they have Henry for Dirk k they have Rooney and so on and so forth. pennant,gonsalez,Zenden That is are talent from wide they have /Ronaldo / giggs/ Hleb/ Roisky/ Robben/ J Cole. We will not sell all of are strikers but if we did i would't shed a tear ( When i said all Strikers that does't include GOD)

I hear you lad and see where you're coming from, but have to disagree bout Kuyt.... despite the fact that he's not gotten good service from the flanks and that our current style of play does not suit his style, he's still got a pretty good goals per game ratio... plus there's his oft discussed work ethic.... With better personnel down the flanks, I think that he's liable to do a lot better next year... I'd definitely stick with him.....

Also, Crouch has been steadily improving since he's been with us.... I'm the 1st to admit that I wasn't exactly over the moon when we 1st bought him but I'm happy to say that I was wrong.... he's an asset and offers a different option against different opponents... especially in Europe.... He's an ideal squad player and we should deffo hold on to him....

How many headers has Dirk got this season not many he may have had some joy out there in Holland but in England he is strugling to out jump and out think his markers. He goes way to long with out scoreing through out the season. And if working hard was all that you needed to be at liverpool then any one with love for the club could play.

We payed the same money for Dirk than what spurs payed for Berbatov that is the kind of player we needed not some one who runs arond like a headless Chicken out side the box

Interesting point..... consider this though..... is that because of the way we're set-up in attack or due to his lack of quality? Could it be he's coming from so deep because he's either instructed to or because with the current personnel ddown the flanks doesn't allow him to play his normal game?

To be honest, I don't really know what he's natural game is like as I hadn't had the opportunity to see him while he was in Holland.... but based on what I've seen, I think theres reason to be hopeful and give the lad another season....
ConnO'var

Postby grayghost » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:33 pm

Yes he will get another but will Rafa if we fail to challenge for the title who nows what the new owners are like. If they don't get sucess with the money they are likerly to give Rafa the least we need to do is still be in the race come April and to do that we need better Forwards
grayghost

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:48 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
grayghost wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:
grayghost wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
grayghost wrote:I would not be to dissaponted if all the strikers were sold this season

give me solid evidence,or any justification to your pathetic post & you might get some sensible opinions come back,how many games have you seen this year ? :veryangry

I have watched every single game and in a lot they just bored the :censored: out of me. the reason we are 3rd is we don't score many goals the statisics show that Crouch has done well but will be plan B or C next season and i think it would be better for us to cash in and try to make a profit while he is popular. I mean look at the strikers are rivals have compard to the  strikers we have . For crouch they have Drogba for belamy they have Henry for Dirk k they have Rooney and so on and so forth. pennant,gonsalez,Zenden That is are talent from wide they have /Ronaldo / giggs/ Hleb/ Roisky/ Robben/ J Cole. We will not sell all of are strikers but if we did i would't shed a tear ( When i said all Strikers that does't include GOD)

I hear you lad and see where you're coming from, but have to disagree bout Kuyt.... despite the fact that he's not gotten good service from the flanks and that our current style of play does not suit his style, he's still got a pretty good goals per game ratio... plus there's his oft discussed work ethic.... With better personnel down the flanks, I think that he's liable to do a lot better next year... I'd definitely stick with him.....

Also, Crouch has been steadily improving since he's been with us.... I'm the 1st to admit that I wasn't exactly over the moon when we 1st bought him but I'm happy to say that I was wrong.... he's an asset and offers a different option against different opponents... especially in Europe.... He's an ideal squad player and we should deffo hold on to him....

How many headers has Dirk got this season not many he may have had some joy out there in Holland but in England he is strugling to out jump and out think his markers. He goes way to long with out scoreing through out the season. And if working hard was all that you needed to be at liverpool then any one with love for the club could play.

We payed the same money for Dirk than what spurs payed for Berbatov that is the kind of player we needed not some one who runs arond like a headless Chicken out side the box

Interesting point..... consider this though..... is that because of the way we're set-up in attack or due to his lack of quality? Could it be he's coming from so deep because he's either instructed to or because with the current personnel ddown the flanks doesn't allow him to play his normal game?

To be honest, I don't really know what he's natural game is like as I hadn't had the opportunity to see him while he was in Holland.... but based on what I've seen, I think theres reason to be hopeful and give the lad another season....

It's clear to me that Kuyt has been told to track back and be almost an attacking midfielder, especially away from home.

I personally thought Dirk would be bought as an out and out striker but Rafa sees him more of a link to the midfield.

I still think Kuyt will start scoring next season and i for one am happy with his progress this season. He has worked very hard and hasnt shirked his responsibilities once regards getting stuck in there and getting possession back.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:48 pm

I am going to interpret this poll as we think that all of our strikers are pretty good, each offering their own different qualities, none of them are world beaters; Bringing in one of the top shelf strikers in the world would certainly help our team, we should have the money to do this, and if we do then maybe get rid of Bellamy if the right price comes in for him to  help fund either a Right back or left winger
JoeTerp

Postby urban red » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:01 am

i actually feel sorry for our strikers cos of the lack of service they get. if they got more service from crosses and thru balls then they would have more goals. rafa needs to play(buy) out and out wingers. gerrard is not a winger and either is zenden:angry:
urban red

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:17 am

Ive said it before on a couple of other topics and i'll say it again here. What we need is Kenny Dalglish as an attacking coach to teach the players we have how to get forward and score. If we spend all the money we have on getting the king here then its money well spent, theres nothing wrong with how we are playing we just need the genius to teach us how to score. GET KING KENNY NOW !!
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big daddy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:45 am

i would go with gerard and crouch
big daddy

Postby big daddy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:22 am

i have this theory that rafa is a bit slimy and only wants to build a deck chair team at liverpool.

the sort of team that if he is about to move to real madrid, he can just fold it and leave nothing for the following manager.if wenger, moron-io, or fergie leave there are players there that any manager can get the best out of them. benitez likes a certain type of player where he gets the credit for the teams success, rather than known names or big characters who tabloidss like the sun love.

the players now left at the club are set up specifically for rafa,and if a new manager come in next season after rafa  getting the boot for us once again starting the season poor.
they won't be able to get much out of them.

they players he has bought in, none of them came to us with people desperate to get them.
i don't remember anybody busting a gut to get kuyt, yet he is billed as some kind of recognised superstar.simply because a deluded van basten prefered him to vanistelroy in the world cup, the same world cup he he flopped in.

my problem with kuyt is that his goal stats from holland is not exactly mind blowing.guys like kezzman was getting 40 goals a season in holland but was a big flop in the prem. kuyt record does not even come close to this. if you can't get 35 goals in the dutch league then you are hardly going to match henry and drogba who had scored 34 goals in france before coming here for £24 million. ironically cisse out scored in the league that cisse.

he lacks strength and against chelsea seemed scared to get stuck in like drogba, even crouch gets stuck in. he lacks speed and his final pass is junk everytime.
big daddy

Postby puroresu » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:14 pm

Kuyt for me has been average.  He never really looks like a threat and yes he works hard but is that enough.  I think Bellamy will go in the summer just for the fact that Rafa can make a profit on him.  Will Kuyt be better next year?  I aint convinced.
puroresu

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:57 pm

I say offer Kuyt plus cash for Berbatov as Jol wanted Kuyt if what I've heard is true

Sell Crouch if we can get £5m+ for him, if we have to use him in part exchange so be it but I'm not sure the teams who'd want him would have anything worth swapping him for - unless the barcodes will swap him for Mikey

Give Robbie a one year extension and guarantee of 20 appearances a season (if fit obviously) He can play cup games and some Premiership games to give strikers a rest

Sell Bellamy to Villa for £7m before they're put off by his form. I think he is one of those strikers who prospers at smaller clubs where he is first choice and the expectations are less (could say the same of Crouch)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Novo » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:32 pm

Kuyt and Crouch.
Novo

Postby jaytoothetee » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:12 am

big daddy wrote:i have this theory that rafa is a bit slimy and only wants to build a deck chair team at liverpool.

the sort of team that if he is about to move to real madrid, he can just fold it and leave nothing for the following manager.if wenger, moron-io, or fergie leave there are players there that any manager can get the best out of them. benitez likes a certain type of player where he gets the credit for the teams success, rather than known names or big characters who tabloidss like the sun love.

the players now left at the club are set up specifically for rafa,and if a new manager come in next season after rafa  getting the boot for us once again starting the season poor.
they won't be able to get much out of them.

they players he has bought in, none of them came to us with people desperate to get them.
i don't remember anybody busting a gut to get kuyt, yet he is billed as some kind of recognised superstar.simply because a deluded van basten prefered him to vanistelroy in the world cup, the same world cup he he flopped in.

my problem with kuyt is that his goal stats from holland is not exactly mind blowing.guys like kezzman was getting 40 goals a season in holland but was a big flop in the prem. kuyt record does not even come close to this. if you can't get 35 goals in the dutch league then you are hardly going to match henry and drogba who had scored 34 goals in france before coming here for £24 million. ironically cisse out scored in the league that cisse.

he lacks strength and against chelsea seemed scared to get stuck in like drogba, even crouch gets stuck in. he lacks speed and his final pass is junk everytime.

i find it impossible to have any respect for what you say when you have the ignorance to mention those scummy b@stards in a liverpool fc forum.

read the pinned thread mate  :veryangry

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:59 am

ConnO'var wrote:I've watched neigh on all the reds games this season

Straight from the horses mouth? Does 'the end of the world is neigh' refer to the four horsemen of the apocalypse?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:17 pm

I have not voted. None of the above really, but I would keep Crouch - apart from Fowler at the moment he is our best finisher!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 01, 2007 1:29 pm

Crouch will be the main man tonight, especially with Carvalho out.

"Peter Crouch does not pass water. He takes it on his chest, holds it up, then passes water."

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion