Total votes : 71

Postby onlyonered » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:54 pm

Even though im a manc, i'll give an honest assessment

Craig 'no neck' Bellend - :censored:
Crouch - useful but not 1st teamer, good squad player
Kuyt - very good potential, looks a good player
onlyonered

Postby onlyonered » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:56 pm

F9WLER wrote:Whys Fowler not in there!! He a feckin Legend!! Im his no.1 fan!! Hes GOD!!

4 those tat r red rejoice 4 they ave seen GOD!!

???

Only one god and he came from France via Elland Road, all rejoice KING ERIC

What a friend we have in Jesus and his name is Cantona!!
onlyonered

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:58 pm

F9WLER wrote:Whys Fowler not in there!! He a feckin Legend!! Im his no.1 fan!! Hes GOD!!

4 those tat r red rejoice 4 they ave seen GOD!!

Has Stu got his boyfriend to sign up?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:04 pm

I would not be to dissaponted if all the strikers were sold this season
grayghost

Postby grayghost » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:05 pm

I would not be to dissaponted if all the strikers were sold this season
grayghost

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:10 pm

grayghost wrote:I would not be to dissaponted if all the strikers were sold this season

Guess I forgot to include that as an option
JoeTerp

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:12 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
grayghost wrote:I would not be to dissaponted if all the strikers were sold this season

Well done forgetting that, it wouldn't be serious squad management in any team.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:13 pm

Sabre wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

Well done forgetting that, it wouldn't be serious squad management in any team.

the goal wasn't to gauge realistic moves but rather to get a perspective on how well each of the strikers were rated with only 2 options for 3 different players "good enough" for LFC or not.
JoeTerp

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:14 pm

I can't vote as God is not in the poll and he is god enough

Kuyt - depends who we buy but of the three listed he offers most up front. He does need to return more goals, especially away from home if he is to be a first choice anything

Crouch - has had his chances and not taken enough of them, we might still rob someone of £7m so his worth is more in £s than it is in goals. If we were happy to finish top four and not make a title challenge then he could stay but if people can't imagine a couple of dozen or more better strikers then they can't have much of an imagination

Bellamy - another who might fetch more millions than he will goals, I'd like to give him another season but he is a seasoned Premiership striker and should have returned more goals than he has. If we want to win the title we need goalscorers

I read rumours that £20m bids will be put in for Berbatov, I hope we show some interest if not making a bid. The suggested Crouch for Berbatov rumour that came up a while back may not happen but maybe Bellamy for Berbatov or sacrificially Kuyt for Berbatov as I seem to recall Jol wanting Kuyt
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:16 pm

give me solid evidence,or any justification to your pathetic post & you might get some sensible opinions come back,how many games have you seen this year ? :veryangry
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:21 pm

JoeTerp wrote:

Certainly is an option, although it would be somewhat harsh on Kuyt to sell him unless we do manage to sign four top notch strikers and do it within the budget. If we got near what we bought each for then that would help bring in some good goalscorers
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:26 pm

Owzat wrote:I read rumours that £20m bids will be put in for Berbatov, I hope we show some interest if not making a bid. The suggested Crouch for Berbatov rumour that came up a while back may not happen but maybe Bellamy for Berbatov or sacrificially Kuyt for Berbatov as I seem to recall Jol wanting Kuyt

If we do go for Berbatov I've got a feeling it might be Kuyt that's offered as the makeweight. Rafa's always saying how he likes to have different options, and compared to our current crop of strikers Berbatov is most similar to Kuyt.

As a couple of people have said, who stays and who goes is dependant on who we buy. IMO if we buy Berbatov, Kuyt will go, and if we buy Villa or Eto'o, Bellamy will. I don't see Crouch going in the summer personally. I know he's not the most composed in front of goal, but that's not his role. He's there as a hold up man, to bring others into play, and he does that job very well whilst still banging in quite a few goals. I think it's 19 he's on for the season now, not too bad for the type of player he is. Unless we buy another player in the same mould he'll be staying, and I can't think of anyone half decent who plays the same sort of way.

Personally I would like to see us going all out for Villa, and let Bellamy move on. I like Kuyt and Crouch, but think we still need a clinical finisher to benefit from the work they put in. If we sign another striker we're not gonna be able to keep them all happy, so I'd sacrifice Bellamy.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stankanovic » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:38 pm

i must say that although i like kuyt and bellamy for their passion and technical abilitites i am notsure they are good enough. also crouch i dont really like too much, and i think that with a 4-2-3-1 formation liverpool need a complete striker such as toni or f.torres
stankanovic

Postby red37 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:19 pm

stankanovic wrote:crouch i dont really like too much

no but you'll be licking the cheese out his bellend come wednesday should he happen to nick an away goal for the pool wont you      :;):

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby jaytoothetee » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:35 pm

tbh, i'm no more than content with our current crop of strikers. they've all impressed, without setting the world alight. i voted to keep all of them, but if i was to let one go, it would be bellamy.

kuyt has an excellent attitude, could be fantastic used correctly next season.

crouch, unique, decent enough goal poacher. would keep him too, offers a different dimension to the squad.

bellamy - good work rate, pacy but not "different" enough to keep if we can sign eto'o or villa, or for that matter, bent, anelka or tevez. craig is a good player for us but could easily be replaced, not the best finisher and could be replaced easily with any one of a number of 'pace merchants'.

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion