Strangers - Do the team ever talk to each other?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:40 pm

Don't know if it's just a language problem or a social problem but we've got a squad of strangers out there with no thought of their team-mates strengths or weaknesses.

Starting to worry about where we go from here, there is no obvious answer with this crew.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:44 pm

Im worried too. No team spirit where has all last seasons went? Something is seriously wrong
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:49 pm

Sometimes things come too easy and you don't value them. Little Rich Boys/ Silver Spoons and all that crepe. If you've  never had to really work for it them you don't value it.

The old business of putting red shirts on 11 chimps and 50,000 still turning up is still true but most of the team think this is a joke, the sad part is that it's not !!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dum1 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:53 pm

Try lack of money, lack of understanding of the English game from the manager, blind faith in certain forwards who aren't showing any return, crazy team selection, lack of money, lack of manager understanding his fowards aren't scoring goals, players punching below their weight.

There are serious problems and Parry et al needs to step in and start kicking some serious ar$e.
dum1

Postby HantsRed » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:53 pm

Without Carra we had absolutely nobody talking. I didn't see any two of our players communicating with each other at any time during the game.

Whilst Gerrard has the ability to inspire others with his play he does nothing to motivate his team mates by talking to them or encouraging them. When you've got some kids in the team that is needed more than ever.

Woeful game.

F*cking depressing.
HantsRed

Postby JohnBull » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:59 pm

It's got sodd all to do with having no money It's got everything to do with players having too much money.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:27 pm

Completely agree. We just don't play as a team. You can play 11 world class players and watch them get a hiding against a bunch of part-timers, if the part-timers play as a team. The majority of the squad have been together for long enough now to be able to link up properly and play possession football. Build up slowly from the back, keeping possession until the space opens up and then put the ball in the back of the net.

We've got to play as a team.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:59 am

My youngest kid, 8 year old Sean, is spending this half-term at a soccer school in Maghull. It's run by Bluenose Ex Players and they are good coaches.
The sad part is that these kids are able to do exactly what they are told, keeping shape, holding the ball, moving off the ball and taking position etc etc. The kids mainly were strangers on monday but already there are "teams" forming and they are playing for each other.
Where does it all go wrong ??
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:59 am

:eyebrow
Last edited by JohnBull on Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:24 am

Playing as a team is the responsibility of the Captain. He should be the one who is organising his team on the pitch. Gerrard, for me, is not a good captain. He tries to lead by example by his excellent playing abilities, but that is as far as it goes. We need someone out there who is going to coordinate things. To rant and rave when his team are underperforming. Appart from Jamie Carragher, we are sadly lacking in this department.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reporter69 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:30 am

Its is shocking to see Liverpool lose to Palace.

Last year Rafa took the FA cup lightly by fielding a weak side and was knocked out, this season when he knows his only chances of silverware are the FA and Carling cup he has not taken it seriously and has failed.

Liverpool are in the bottom half of the table. 10 games played, 10 points and 2 games in hand. Even if those 2 games are won its 16 points which is 8th spot, 1 below a poor poor Arsenal side.

some say "oh its ok, atleast we have not lost as many as Arsenal have" "oh its ok because we are better at this time this season than we were this time last season "

Well, Wigan were in the Championship this time last season and are in 4th spot this season with FIVE wins and still have one game in hand.

Its shocking to see Liverpool do so poorly. I dont think many on this board realize the depth of the problems with the team - i wont be surprised to see you not finish in the top6.
Reporter69

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:37 am

Reporter69 wrote:Its shocking to see Liverpool do so poorly. I dont think many on this board realize the depth of the problems with the team - i wont be surprised to see you not finish in the top6.

Erh I think we do , but if you wouldnt mind telling us anyway we would be forever grateful.
66-1112520797

Postby JohnBull » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:39 am

NiftyNeil wrote:Playing as a team is the responsibility of the Captain.

It would help if they all spoke the same language, verbally and physically.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:45 am

JohnBull wrote:

I don't think anyone should have a problem understanding the phrase "PULL YOUR FU.CKING FINGER OUT".
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:48 am

NiftyNeil wrote:
JohnBull wrote:

I don't think anyone should have a problem understanding the phrase "PULL YOUR FU.CKING FINGER OUT".

Out of what though?

:D
66-1112520797

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion